• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice What other sites are like Anther's Ladder?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I've been part of Smashcords for some time, and I've also been part of Anther's Ladder. Smashcords is nice, since you can find people to play against. There are two main problems, however. First, I don't know how skilled the person will be until I play him/her. Second is that everyone has different schedules, and why bother trying to find people on my days off when I can just go on Quickplay? Anther's Ladder is nice because you can get an idea of where your opponent might be regarding skill. The biggest issue is that the place looks dead most of the time I visit. While Quickplay provides variety, is convenient, and tends to put you up against good players for the most part, it's a potential hotbed for cheaters and sore losers. Let's not forget the one-and-done sets if it could be called a set.

Public Arenas seems to be the only beneficial option, except that once again, you cannot determine the skill level of those you fight until you fight them. Worse, still, is if you happen to defeat the host, he/she might just shut down the room, or simply kick you out. I'm certain I'm not the only one who has experienced these problems. I understand that no place is perfect, but it would be nice to have moderators, a ranking system, and a place where you can visit and find people ready to play. This is why I'm asking if there are more sites like Anther's Ladder, but livelier. I'm always looking to improve, and I suspect Public Arenas will have better players as time goes on. For now, I'd like to presently have that opportunity.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
There's nothing else out there quite like Anther's. You have similar discord ladders, but the maintainers are not always consistent in keeping it up to date.

Top Bottom