• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What other Kid Icarus: Uprising character is most likely to join Pit in SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Haha, no way I'm reading all that right now. I'd have to say barring Viridi and maybe a few others, pretty much every major Kid Icarus Uprising character has a ton of "moveset potential." Medusa included, although I'd favor Palutena's inclusion the most. ;)
Palutena is the most obvious, sure. (I'm more toward the Kirby scenario with two newcommer, and that's not desillusionnal (compared to some other characters of my top 10 :troll:))

Oh, and of course, that link is mostly for the opening post.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Ah okay. It would indeed be cool to have two rivals (Palutena/Medusa) in the game. Eh, fine. Pit, Palutena, and Medusa. Three reps for a series with 3 games that probably won't see another entry for a looooong time, I don't even care. I'd do it. But Hades can go be an Assist Trophy or appear in the background of a stage or something...haha.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I see Hades as a boss. If Medusa have a lot of abilities that can be transcribed well in Smash (I want my poison user), Hades abilities through the game are either good for a boss (for exemple, loads of projectiles, or the blue/purple one you have to shoot to reflect it at Hades). And the rest of the abilities that can be transcribed are not that interesting (powerful punches, kicks... We don't need a Captain Hades :troll:)

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was going to say he'd fit as a boss but I doubt that'd happen due to the Wii U version already having Palutena's Temple. Unless there are bosses in the single player or something...he'd totally fit.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, I was going to say he'd fit as a boss but I doubt that'd happen due to the Wii U version already having Palutena's Temple. Unless there are bosses in the single player or something...he'd totally fit.
At least, he is clearly needed for Smash Taunts (like the Starfox / MGS ones)

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Yeah. Only thing is, is that if Palutena is indeed a fighter, then that would leave her out of that, which wouldn't be too good. Unless they could change depending on whether Pit or Palutena does it, and if both are on the battlefield or not.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah. Only thing is, is that if Palutena is indeed a fighter, then that would leave her out of that, which wouldn't be too good. Unless they could change depending on whether Pit or Palutena does it, and if both are on the battlefield or not.
Fox and Wolf talks during Falco's Smash Taunts (and the same applies to Fox and Wolf's Smash Taunts) so it's not a problem.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess. I don't know.

For the sake of explaining it well, say that only Pit and Palutena are playable. A cool idea is to have them (Viridi/Hades/Medusa/other characters) appear largely in the background and we could watch them banter. Maybe Dark Pit, Pandora, Phrryon, Phosphora, or Magnus could swoop in and fight combatants briefly. They really could make the most of those characters as Smash Taunts/and or stage appearances.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Dark Pit and Pit fanboy over Heroes / Dark Pit tries to keep his cool when talking about Heroes to Palutena
Pit and Hades argue about Villains / Palutena and Hades discuss Villains
Viridi Lectures Pit and Palutena about Nature Related CHaracters, Pokemon, Olimar, Villager, ect.

Medusa dosen't wanna talk to any of these Losers

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Palutena, obviously, and then it's between Medusa and Hades, I'd personally prefer Hades because...he's just better.

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379
What if he was the boss for Palutena's Temple? He'd fit in since the stage is so big!

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Don't know how that'd work though. I mean, show up big on either side of the screen would maybe work. I would like to think that a foreground vs background fight could work but I'm not sure about that.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Nintendo is going to release a new fighter on Monday. Maybe it will be Dark Pit .... ( Because the Anime )

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
... -.- No Kid Icarus charakter... again. Does anyone have an idea which sense the endscene of Palutenatrailer has? I mean its self-defeating, if they show Dark Pit and he wouldn't be playable as own character. Pit was flied away by Palutena. Later Darkpit appeared.

If Dark Pit is going to be just a skinpalette, they hadn't show these scene because it would be superfluous. I think. =I

I think if Sakurai will add a new Kid Icarus charakter, it would probably Dark Pit. o.o

What do you think? Okay Medusa is one of th most important Kid Icarus characters but because of the trailer I think Medusas chance are reduced.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Personally, I think Medusa chances are one of the few character chances that are intact.

I wonder what it means for Dark Pit. Compared to Lucina, he wasn't shown as a character, nor as a palette swap... Just shown. I personally think he will be stuck being a palette swap honestly.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Personally, I think Medusa chances are one of the few character chances that are intact.

I wonder what it means for Dark Pit. Compared to Lucina, he wasn't shown as a character, nor as a palette swap... Just shown. I personally think he will be stuck being a palette swap honestly.

I hope you're wrong...^^ after all Kid Icarus Uprising had the '' last '' game for the next 20 years.. I'm not sure whether Nintendo would develop a new Kid Icarus game at all. So I think they should give the Kid Icarus franchise one other character at least.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I hope you're wrong...^^ after all Kid Icarus Uprising had the '' last '' game for the next 20 years.. I'm not sure whether Nintendo would develop a new Kid Icarus game at all. So I think they should give the Kid Icarus franchise one other character at least.
Well, I do hope we will get another character. I'm just not that much for Dark Pit... If we are going for a third character, I think that something else than a clone (referencing KI:U scenario, not the moveset possibilities) would be better. He was a great character, but It's not a good addition to the roster to me.
I'm personally confident about a third character, but considering we have absolutely no mention of Medusa and Hades, it's between them to me.

And, obviously, I support Medusa.

PandaCelt

Smash Rookie
Well, Palutena has already been confirmed, so I think the most likely characters are probably Medusa and Magnus.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, it can't be Magnus since he's already confirmed as an Assist Trophy character and Dark Pit will only end up being a clone of Pit (not that it really matters now since they're already two clones in the game, one of which I only care about). The only one I could think of would probably be Hades.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Well, it can't be Magnus since he's already confirmed as an Assist Trophy character and Dark Pit will only end up being a clone of Pit (not that it really matters now since they're already two clones in the game, one of which I only care about). The only one I could think of would probably be Hades.
If Darkpit would be just a clone, Sakurai had showed him in a trailer like Lucina or the '' female Robin '' ( Daraen ). But there are mysterious questions about Darkpit because the endscene in the end of the Palutenatrailer.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
darkpit.png

Well, that answers that question rather easily. :4pit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom