• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what other game modes would you like to see in smash ultimate?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I would love to see a truly enhanced stage builder. There's a ton of stuff I am hoping to see out of this.

This would be my dream stage builder. It goes into a lot of detail.
Platforms can be drawn, and they can change style much like in Smash 4. One of those styles for all background types is ice, and it's functional. The grid would be enabled, and you can use controllers to more accurately create your shape instead of having to rely on a touch pad.

Various hazards such as conveyor belt, ladders, springs, cannons, spikes, lava, drop blocks, and moving platforms all return with new stage builder features to enhance creation capabilities for advanced stage creators like myself. Conveyor belts can have their speed configured. Springs and cannons can have their strength configured, and lines are shown to show how far fighters will travel and where they will stop. The delay on drop boxes falling from when someone steps on one can be extended or reduced. Moving platforms can now be styled and sized freely. People can also create destinations the platform travels to between the start and end, make the path loop in circles instead of backtracking at an end point, configure the speed at which it travels between said destinations, and even stop it at certain locations for set amounts or random amounts of time.

Builders can also create spawn points, and set which ones are enabled based on the quantity of players fighting.
All of this, plus I would want an option to make spikes or lava act like a Danger Zone, KO'ing fighters with 100% or more damage. I would also like if moving platforms could spend some time outside of the blast line (so that they could carry fighters spending all of their time on said platforms to their doom) and if they could have varying terrain (so that they could be non-pass-through, have grabbable ledges, be hazardous to touch (on part or all of its surface), or even potentially crush fighters like in the SSE). I'd also like to be able to make chunks of terrain destructible (perhaps with options to modify what can destroy it (fighter attacks, some other stage element (like King Bulblin's bombs or the bombs on Wrecking Crew), or the passage of time), how much HP it has (if it can be destroyed by fighter attacks), what happens upon its destruction (does it just disappear, does it explode and harm nearby fighters, does it cause nearby terrain to temporarily move etc.), how long it takes to regenerate after being destroyed, how much warning fighters get when it's about to regenerate, and what happens to fighters in the way of the regeneration (does nothing happen to them and they delay the regeneration until they leave, do they get pushed out without any harm done, do they get damaged and launched out, or do they get crushed and auto-KO'd)). Obviously, I'm not expecting it to be quite this in-depth, but I'm certainly hoping for it to be more in-depth and easier to use than the past Stage Builders!

Last edited:
Top Bottom