• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Noises Make You Cringe?

Polen

Smash Rookie
Pikachu's voice.
Possibly the most annoying voice of any video game character.
I even prefer Slippy Toad's voice over Pikachu's.
It's that annoying to me.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Chewing. Especially loud chewing. Also loud breathing; though apparently I breathe loudly too so I dunno maybe that's a bit hypocritical.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
people chewing with their mouths open and the rustling sound plastic bags make

finalark

SNORLAX
You know those old 3D things that weren't really 3D but the image changed slightly depending on which way you're holding it? My brain melts out of my ears whenever someone scratches those things.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
You know those old 3D things that weren't really 3D but the image changed slightly depending on which way you're holding it? My brain melts out of my ears whenever someone scratches those things.
I know exactly what you're talking about and it's making me twitchy thinking about that noise.

Also, not quite cringe, but one that used to (still does to a lesser extent) scare the hell out of me was the National Weather Service warning buzzing with the creepy unnatural robotic voice. Doesn't help that it comes out of nowhere.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
To be perfectly honest, when I get hit by home run bat, Rest, or Luigi's Super Jump Punch, I slick die a little on the inside.

DV8R001

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1435-4406-8453
Rednecks speaking & any noise that distracts me during Smash.
I also dislike it when people imitate cats meowing.

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
When somebody scratches styrofoam or metal with their fingernails

D

Deleted member

1. Aquire a plate

2. Aquire vibrating device

3. Combine

4. Rupture your eardrums

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
The sound/sensation of a fork rubbing/grinding against a tooth

That and, "Oooooh, did I wiiiiiin?"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Chewing with mouth open, "moe" voices, and loud kids.

Last edited:

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
when your soundcard ****s up and it goes HERRRRRRRRNROOOOOOOOOOOONNNNK and your ears die

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
"The customer is always right!"
As an ex-restaurant employee, so much YES goes to this comment. I could write a dissertation on this titled "It's customer service, not customer servants".
  • Babies/children crying. I get it's not the baby's fault, but they give me headaches. Especially when the parent is doing squat to calm their child down.
  • The noises furniture makes when it settles.
  • Sink garbage disposal
  • Every bit of ambient noise in the Silent Hill OSTs (in a good way)
  • Hearing my own voice
  • Console crash noises
  • find the computer room

Burgy

Minion Lover <3
NNID
BurgySama
3DS FC
2766-9016-5287
Small Children yelling about their favourite fandom's to me.
The other day, a small boy came into Dairy Queen wearing Gurren Lagann gloves and an Adventure Time snapback and wanted me to put a diamond Minecraft pickaxe along with his Pony OC onto a cake for him. But instead of asking nicely he yelled at me and insisted that I didn't get the references.
*Cringe*

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet

This, the high pitch whistle noise irritates me to no end.
Also Mouth breathing, sounds like there on a ventilator or Darth Vader. You have two things too breathe out of for a reason use them!

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Children/babies crying have to be one of the worst sounds out there, especially on a plane or in Walmart. Its literally worse than nails sliding down a chalkboard. Also people chewing with their mouths open really bothers me.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
  • Pointy things like nails and silverware sliding against a chalk aggressively. That sounds makes me literally go insane.
  • Whining kids. Especially the ones who whine often to begin with.
  • The sound of amiibos being thrown to the ground. Hard. (note to self: never give figures to Daniel, EVER)

JBX9001

Smash Rookie
NNID
JBX9001
This isn't a sound you'll hear in real life, but the ReDeads' screams in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is currently the creepiest sound I've ever heard (I don't play horror games, so I'm aware this isn't technically THE scariest sound ever)! They scream so frikkin' loud for starters, but it's the way their screams sound that gets me the most rather than the volume of it. Combine that with those creepy a** faces they make, and you've got nightmare fuel to last you a couple of days!

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Something that bothers a lot of people is "ear ****" music, where it's peaking and clipping and all that. Oddly enough, it doesn't bother me at all.

pagedMov

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pagedMov
The only sounds that can make me visibly cringe are balloons rubbing against balloons and knives on porcelain.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
Balloons rubbing against balloons
Nails on chalkboard
Styrofoam in general
ReDeads from Ocarina of Time
High pitch voices in anime and video games, in real life they don't bother me too much.
Crying children and their sometimes annoying voices
Dubstep

And to a certain extent, Edward Elric's screaming/yelling when he was a kid in the English dub of Fullmetal Alchemist. I love Vic Mignogna and all, but something about that just annoys me a lot.

Top Bottom