• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What music really makes you think "Smash Bros?"

JungHaio

Smash Rookie
So, besides the menu themes and a few others, all the music in Smash is from other games. In my opinion however, the Gerudo Valley theme captures the essence of the game. This is why it's one of my favorite stages. To me, it perfectly sets the mood as I'm duking it out with others, and whenever I hear it, I think of Smash more than Zelda. Of course this is probably because I have played a lot less of the latter.

What about you guys? Do you have any themes that do this for you?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So, besides the menu themes and a few others, all the music in Smash is from other games. In my opinion however, the Gerudo Valley theme captures the essence of the game. This is why it's one of my favorite stages. To me, it perfectly sets the mood as I'm duking it out with others, and whenever I hear it, I think of Smash more than Zelda. Of course this is probably because I have played a lot less of the latter.

What about you guys? Do you have any themes that do this for you?
Pretty much this:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
For me it's the Melee version of the Final Destination theme. The original one, not the new remix.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
From the Smash series, I would easily say the Targets! theme from Melee (RIP) even though it was never available as an option to appear in an actual match. From an actual franchise I would probably say King Dedede's theme if the theme wasn't meant to represent King Dedede.

Multi-Man Melee 2

I seem to recall there was an event match I kept screwing up, so I'd hear this music over and over as I fought for my life. Truly exhilarating stuff.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Metal Mario Battle (N64)
  • Multi-Man Melee 1
  • Menu (Brawl)
  • Master Core

Those are what I tend to think of.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The menu theme of both Smash 4 and Melee, along with 64's CSS theme.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Melee Targets
Melee - Temple
Melee/Brawl/Smash 4 - Brinstar
Melee - Big Blue

64 - Zebes

Brawl - Final Destination

As much as I think Brawl's OST was kind of "meh", this track gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it, and still does.

Smash 4 is really hard to settle on, because a lot of my favorite tracks are from previous Smash titles. I guess the one that comes to mind is this:
Xenoblade - Obstacle in Our Path/One Who Gets in Our Way. My favorite Xenoblade track, and I have it on PS2 for Project M. It's really fun to fight to. It's awesome, majestic, regal, calm, soothing, and inspirational. It's just a fitting fighting song IMO.

Project M - Planet Tallon IV (Metroid Prime). I've had this as my main menu theme for Project M since I got it. I don't think I've never had this track in my menu music the whole time I've played PM. This is probably my favorite overall video game OST of all time too, so it's natural I'd associate it with one of my other favorite games of all time.
Project M - Metroid Prime Essence (Metroid Prime). This one has been all over all sorts of stages, but I can't bring myself to even consider removing it from my game. If there's one track I had to pick to fight to, it would be this one.

Also, Kirby Air Ride's Menu theme makes me think of Smash for various reasons.

If I had to pick one for every Smash game though?
64 - Zebes
Melee - Temple
Brawl - Final Destination
Project M - Metroid Prime Essence
Smash 4 - An Obstacle in Our Path (Xenoblade)

If I had to pick one for Smash in general? It'd be Melee's Temple.

I don't know about anyone else, but playing for so long casually on Temple with my friends made me fall in love with this song over time. On top of that, Temple played in the underground maze in Adventure mode, which is one of the most memorable single-player stages in the most memorable single-player Smash Bros experience. Adventure mode was really fun, and was one of those things that just blew your mind going from 64 to Melee. It was so beautiful and awesome, like everything you ever wanted and didn't know you wanted was thrown at you. Temple to me makes me think of those nostalgic memories most of all.

Last edited:

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
64's Character Select theme
Melee's Menu Theme
Every remixed Brawl theme
and now Smash 4's theme.

They evolve like the time I have on this planet. All the songs remind me of a different period of time and the moments that were held then. I love and hate each one of them equally.

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
That Ballad of the Goddess/Girahims theme is pretty friggin awesome, makes me think of a Smash Bros fight.

D

Deleted member

I have to say Battlefield in Smash 4. I think it captures the essence of what Smash 4 is to me: a spectacular fight against the all-stars in battles that are either serious or just plain whacky.

But, when I really want to get pumped for some matches, You Will Know Our Names and the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley really get me ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
-Multi Man Smash(4)
-OP Knight's Revenge:troll:(Brawl)
-You Will Know Our Names(4)
-Meta Crystal(64)
-Mega Man 2 Medley(4)
-Ike's Theme(Brawl)
-Together We Ride(Melee)(aka Fire Emblem)
-Shin Onigashima Medley(Brawl)

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I grew up with the 64 version so it has to be that opener and character select screen? I know they use a remix of it on the results screen but why can't they bring it back in full?

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Brawl's Final Destination theme will always be my favorite.

Also, Brawl's credits theme beats SSB4's any day.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Melee's main theme, the SSB64 credits and Gourmet Race themes, and Brawl's Celica Map 1 remix do it best for me.

Chaozrush21

Smash Cadet
NNID
dotmae
3DS FC
3007-8540-3431
SSB64 credits just screams smash. It just feels so Nintendo and it kinda combines all of Nintendo best series into one track.

Last edited:

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Style Savvy. Because nothing is as silly as Smash compared to fighting the King of Evil on a resort island that is playing J-Pop music.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
The themes of Final Destination and Battlefield both make me think of Smash

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Nobody's posted this yet. Shame on all of you

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
For me, Menu 1 from Melee will always represent what Smash is to me. There is a feeling of adventure, memories and excitement when I hear this. I imagine each character's adventures when I hear this theme and I always use it in each new installment of the series.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
That one Fire Emblem song, With Mila's Divine Protection. I love the beat and, pardon me for saying this but, Mexican/Spanish vibe. Gerudo Valley is also one of my favorites :D

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Definitely biased towards Xenoblade Chronicles music, so I'd definitely say:
  • You Will Know Our Names
  • Mechanical Rhythm
  • Xenoblade Chronicle's Medley
Although I do love Master Hands theme, also Master Core.

daedgaem

Smash Cadet
Can't be the only one. Those first few seconds man, right in the childhood.

Top Bottom