• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What mode and game updates would you want to see?

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I am really happy with how smash 3ds has turned out, but I recently read some place that it looks like the WII U version is getting more modes and updates later on in its life.
What sort of changes would you want to see done for the 3ds version?

My main change is admittedly very silly. But I would like the option to toggle custom character Equipment for game modes. Or maybe the option to turn on Random Custom moves, but without the stat boosts and power ups. Characters like Palutena for example have HUGE move sets and custom move combinations,so I love havign her on Random with custom set on... but then she shows up with random power ups. So yeah, thats one of the big things I want tosee added at the moment.
Besides probably being the only person who wants more maps for Smash run.
Speaking of Smash run having the option to toggle enemy Themes could be interesting. EX playing a smash run game with ALL pokemon with only pokemon enemies. TBH the main mode I play on Smash is in fact Smash run. So more modes like that would be fantastic!

dragonexpert

Smash Rookie
I'd like the final battle in Smash Run to be at least 2 minutes because 1 minute is such a short time when you spend 5 minutes collecting power-ups. I'd also like to be able to build custom stages like you can on the Wiiu.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I'd also like to be able to build custom stages like you can on the Wiiu.
Making stages on the 3ds would be a little too much for what the 3ds can actually handle... however, I don't see a problem making 1 of your your wii u custom stages and transfer it to the 3ds. (the reason I say 1 is to fill in the empty spot next to the random icon)

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
thats true, custom stages would be alot of fun to make with the 3ds ^_^ specially if ya set it up so you could test it while building.
[have your character on top screen while building on the bottom one. making it easier to test platform height.]

I like that idea Elite maybe make it like the Brawl's random stage of the day?

Last edited:

Dragonitan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8048-1140
Besides the obvious stage creation and another subspace emissary, I would love to have the race and climbing mini games as single game modes, with a few stages in each mode. Because I would love to do the racing game without having to farm for 5 minutes and praying to all the divines that the randomly selected challenge is the one that I want.

DeliciousDarren

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1435-3664-3412
1. 2v2 online smash with friends
2. Tournament stages on For Glory
3. Custom moves online
4. Replays do not go away after updates
5. A smash rival system similar to Metroid Prime Hunters

I don't play anything but online play obviously lol.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I do have one more thing... the ability to bring your friend in a match on For Fun and For glory (not 1v1 For glory of course.) on the 3ds version

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
As Heroine of Winds said, I would really love to see an Adventure mode in both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Honestly, just adding more options/rules to the current game modes would be helpful and convenient (as someone said, I'm really tired of those 1 minute Smash Run battles) and for a game mode, maybe add back the special smash matches like from Melee and Brawl (and the Smash Wii U) into the 3DS as a possible new game mode.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Amiibos online. Not only that, but...

[Announcer]AMIIBO TEAM!!![/Announcer]

This would be a player and Amiibo against another player and Amiibo, always in a team format with their own Amiibos. A Glory format, par se. It would fit as a separate category as it allows players to see how well-trained the Amiibo actually is by fighting in a competitive setting rather than on a system by itself with no competition.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
So pretty much in short, more special customization to unlock for special modes then right? Being able to customize enemy types via themes, making games longer, changign what can and cant change in game for all the different modes sounds fantastic. May sound silly, but an option to have HP bars for boss monsters would be nice too. So you can tell just how close you are to killing them I mean.

This may also seem silly but one of the best things I remember from Melee were teh goofy points sections. Ya know where you got bonuses based on how youplayed.
Things like No 'R' for you, butter fingers, world traveler, and smash sap Just added that great extra level of fun to the game. so that even when you got your butt ROYALY stomped atleast you could get bonuses depening on just how badly you got beaten down XD.

As for adventure mode, Id like to see somethign liek that yeah ^^ like I said before if great maze came back, id be a super happy camper XD. Only make adventure mode sorta like that. OR perhaps add adventure mode like stages and missions to teh current smash run.
RACe to the finish!
Target attack!
Home run!
random giant unexpected enemy here!
Those could all be added nicely to smash run levels.

Also Seperate scores fo rmodes based on if you used a Default or a custom character in game. When you play all star or Smash you have the option to use Custom characters. I want to see seperate scores based on whether you used a default or a custom character.
Also special challanged in smash run for using default characters. [For example instead of selecting powers and upgrades, you find them in bags and use them on the field. Giving you that extra random chance of getting higher bonuses or the game making everythig that much harder for you.] An easy way to implement it would be to place thins you pick up in Smash run into an item inventory tobe used later.
The last thing I can come up with right now that I dont think has been said, is a mini window on the Villager's % screen that shows WHAT item he has in his pockets.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Target Blast would be nice.

Also, Coin Battles and Stamina battles are some of my favorite modes. Why can't they be separate modes?

Also, more Smash Run stages would be good.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Smash Run Stadium and toggling options.

All Smash Run is is a fighter/platformer version of Kirby Air Ride's City Trial, with no adjustable settings. It's unbelievably stupid that you cannot modify ANY settings, including computer AI, time inside match, event happenings and so on. Additionally, I want to play on the Smash Run doors and the final challenges by themselves or as togglable presets in a Smash Run match.

KraftCee

Smash Rookie
NNID
KraftCee
3DS FC
3995-7645-2318
Switch FC
5656 - 7871 - 2693
Honestly,
as everyone would, a stage builder like on the WiiU version. It will be much smaller and restricted, but one would be fun though.
I don't play online very often these time, but, like, I, once, fought a really nice player, he was fair, competitive, and friendly,
but unfortunately, I can't play forever so I disconnected. What I mean is that they should include a screen as the 1o1 on WiiU has,
where you can either report or add as a friend your oppenent.
Adding a ranking system would be nive too, as so, equal-skill player can fight better than if one was better or worse than the other.
And a 2o2 For Glory with friends, and a " Free to play " mode, where you just play 1o1 for fun, without/with any object on any chosen stage, both player " vote " for objects and stages.
However, I complain about the replays. You can only save 64 ? Really ? And as updates come, they can no longer be played ?
Seriously, they should also put the replays limitation higher, according to the storage remaining.
Sorry for the over abused long reply and thanks for your attemption :)

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
yeah I gotta admit, getting and then losing replays due to updates has always been irritating. most of my saved replays where from when something really cool happened when laying alone or with my little sis. [Like one timed Bomb omb throw that hit an oppened at teh exact moment thier invincibilty wore off that id made while being killed off screen. I had gotten launched, recovered, thrown the bomb then died and it landed perfectly!]
Event mode, yeah that could be alot of fun too ^_^.

Mr.Roman

Smash Rookie
Everything about the game is good just needs more adventuring in the Wii U 3DS

the only kind of adventure mode we got is smash run on the 3ds and master fortress on the wii u

Smash run should have more maps plus options like expanding the time limit
The wii u version needs an adventure mode either adventure mode or smash run on the wii u

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
yeah I gotta admit, getting and then losing replays due to updates has always been irritating. most of my saved replays where from when something really cool happened when laying alone or with my little sis. [Like one timed Bomb omb throw that hit an oppened at teh exact moment thier invincibilty wore off that id made while being killed off screen. I had gotten launched, recovered, thrown the bomb then died and it landed perfectly!]
Event mode, yeah that could be alot of fun too ^_^.
Same, I try to post online matches in team play as there isn't a lot of Kirby in there from what I recall. I usually try to post funny moments. Sometimes I just post great matches without funny moments, but most are funny moments or awesome KOs. It's sad that we can no longer view them later; one day I want to get some replays saved using a capture card, but I haven't found anyone willing to save any yet (and I post a lot). Some of my stuff is montage material, too.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Dear Sakurai,
Please put 1v1 on For Fun. Sure, 1v1 can be fun and not just *ahem* "competitive".

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I still want the teaming with your Amiibo online idea as a Glory mode. Still 1-on-1, but with your own Amiibo. You can't play without it.

Sadly, it sounds like new modes of play are going to join the DLC group, which means not as many people using them. Which is stupid.

WaterDemonBaku

Smash Cadet
Equip Mii Gunner with a Nerf Dart gun. FUN FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY!

On a serious note though, maybe allow longer matches on Smash Run? I have a lot of fun on that mode, and it reminds me so much of City Trial on Kirby's Air Ride. I'd play it a lot more if we could increase the time on it.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Equip Mii Gunner with a Nerf Dart gun. FUN FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY!

On a serious note though, maybe allow longer matches on Smash Run? I have a lot of fun on that mode, and it reminds me so much of City Trial on Kirby's Air Ride. I'd play it a lot more if we could increase the time on it.
We only got five minutes in City Trial.

jayelldee02

Smash Rookie
1. Another story mode. Subspace Emissary was great, but I believe a story mode for SSB4 would be greater.
2. A stage builder. When I see custom stages made on Wii U I get really jealous.
3. Event mode. I was wondering where that was until I found out it wasn't in the game.
4. Special Smash and coin matches. Seriously, why aren't these in the 3DS version?!
5. More Smash Run stages. After playing in one stage for a long time, it really does get boring.
6. At least another challenges panel. It would be nice to see more challenges (even more difficult), like completing 1000 Smashes, getting 5000 KOs, get more than 300000 points in Target Blast (hidden Milestone), get more than 100 KOs than your enemy in Rival Smash (hidden Milestone), KO more than 10 enemies in Cruel Smash (hidden Milestone), etc. There could even be challenges if what's listed above is implemented (get all Smash Run stages, complete the story mode, complete all events, etc.).
7. More stages for at least most of the one-stage characters. Just put stage pages if that's possible.

Sadly, the 3DS has limitations, so some of these things might not be able to make it in the version. And that makes me sad.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be kind of cool if Nintendo were to make a "Turbo" mode, just like P:M's. However, I would prefer it to be somewhat of an extension to customs, giving us the option to use it online.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
-For Fun stage voting
-Extended For Fun match time
-Remove P2P; add dedicated matchmaking or something. The lag kills me in the this game, both literally and figuratively.
-Remove the mini ban when you quit a match in 4 player game modes. Even though I don't quit because I know I'll be banned, I really hate playing through a match that's chugging. I can check my social media by the time the game gets back to being playable.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Put Smash Run online (friends and also with others). I wanna at least suffer the grind with other people like in Monster Hunter.

Top Bottom