• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes a character lose his jumps (excluding using B-moves)?

ClickForth

Smash Rookie
Sometimes after being hit by an air attack or a smash it will appear as though I lose my both my jumps even though I didn't jump into the attack or use a B-move. What causes this to happen? Am I actually just jumping and not paying attention?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
You may not have meant to jump, but you probably did. It's a bad habit some people have of mashing jump while being in a combo. If you get hit as soon as you jump, you've squandered it. Focus on DI and saving your jump for recovery.

Bones0

Smash Legend
More specifically, focus on not DJing when you try to DI up. You have to make sure they are actually hitting you. A lot of players will wait a split second before continuing a juggle in an effort to turn upward DI attempts into DJs that get hit immediately.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Using neutral b moves or side b moves or down-b moves(aside from a few exceptions) don't take your jump.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Fox Falco illusion and DK punch are the only 2 that come to mind right now. Also Jigglypuff's rest, but you'd either land or die off the side before you wake up.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
any special that sends you into special fall afterward causes you to lose your double jump even if it hasn't been expended already.

S

Somaiah

Hm, I didn't know that some of those robbed you of your double jump completely, like Zelda's side b. Not like I would use that during recovery anyway, unless I wanna die.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Ness's neutral B, IC's side B and Pikachu's down B make you lose your jumps.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Either you jumped and your opponent hit you right away or you spam the jump button to much and you get punished for it. Play Smarter :p

Top Bottom