• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes a champion?

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Actually what happened with Ken and PC, is I was a Ken fanboy back then so after PC beat Ken at the first MLG with Falco then I told Ken on AIM (2 weeks before the next MLG, I believe which was MLG Dallas or Anaheim or something) to spam counter against PC since he throws out so many attacks so often. He used that exact strategy, thanked me on aim, then a year later he denied me helping him on the boards. I also taught PC the light shield trick and told Ken how to get around it (by using Marth's Nair because the 2nd hit hits them off the stage) which Ken used against Chillin at MLG Chicago or Orlando on FoD (it's in one of the videos you can watch, right side of the stage) and Ken denied me helping him a year later.

my personal opinion is that Ken was just good when everyone else sucked. He had a head start until people caught up
Ken seems like a somewhat shady guy...

Zodiac

Smash Master
I never met ken but I never hear anything good about him from the smash community, that aside I was thinking that all of us "randoms" that are going to Genesis should more than ever start amping our drive, I know a lot of us practice the game hoping that we will get better soon or get a notable win. But what if we REALLY started going for it?

Pi

Smash Hero
I never met ken but I never hear anything good about him from the smash community, that aside I was thinking that all of us "randoms" that are going to Genesis should more than ever start amping our drive, I know a lot of us practice the game hoping that we will get better soon or get a notable win. But what if we REALLY started going for it?
too much of this

But what if we REALLY started going for it?
and not enough of this

going for it
the real depth of smash lies beyond what you see on the screen
tech skill is a gateway to exploring what you're truly capable of when you're able to completely focus on what you need to do to win

Rollz

Smash Apprentice
Would one say it is not about thinking of the techs your gonna do next it is about doing them without thinking?

Top Bottom