• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Kirby's Creator Failed to do FOUR TIMES, and will fail to do again.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
mario: hi jump kirby
luigi:???
peach: parasol kirby
wario:???
donkey kong: fighter kirby
bowser: beetle kirby
diddy kong: animal kirby
link: arrow kirby
toon link: cutter kirby
zelda: magic kirby
shiek: ninja kirby
ganondorf:???
samus: beam kirby
zero suit samus: whip kirby
pit: angel kirby
ice climbers: ice kirby
rob: laser kirby
meta knight: tornado kirby
dedede: hammer kirby
olimar: ???
fox: jet kirby
falco: wing kirby
wolf: ???
captain falcon: fighter kirby
pikachu: spark kirby
squirtle: water kirby
ivysaur: leaf kirby
charizard: fire kirby
lucario: plasma kirby
jigglypuff: mike kirby
ike: fire sword
marth: sword kirby
ness: yo-yo kirby
lucas: super electric energy field
mr g&w: cook kirby
snake: bomb kirby
sonic: ball kirby
wii fit trainer:???
mega man: ???
villager: bell kirby
rosalina: star rod

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Mario = Hi-Jump Kirby
Peach = Parasol Kirby
Samus = Plasma Kirby
ZSS = Whip Kirby
Jigglypuff = Mike Kirby
Wolf = Animal Kirby
Pit = Cupid Kirby
Dedede = Hammer Kirby
Squirtle = Water Kirby
Ivysaur = Leaf Kirby
Charizard = Fire Kirby
Pikachu = Spark Kirby
Sonic = Ball Kirby
R.O.B = Laser Kirby
Ness = Yo-yo Kirby
Sheik = Ninja Kirby
Good! I agree with most of these,
[collapse=Waste of Time and Energy to Read]but SSB Mario would likely be Fire Kirby, ZSS would be Beam Kirby and Sonic (probably) would be Wheel Kirby

ROB's laser's mechanics are actually partially based on Laser Kirby, but if it was a full moveset change, it would more likely be UFO Kirby.

I'm not sure about Ness, but I have no better idea.[/collapse]

mario: hi jump kirby
luigi:???
peach: parasol kirby
wario:???
donkey kong: fighter kirby
bowser: beetle kirby
diddy kong: animal kirby
link: arrow kirby
toon link: cutter kirby
zelda: magic kirby
shiek: ninja kirby
ganondorf:???
samus: beam kirby
zero suit samus: whip kirby
pit: angel kirby
ice climbers: ice kirby
rob: laser kirby
meta knight: tornado kirby
dedede: hammer kirby
olimar: ???
fox: jet kirby
falco: wing kirby
wolf: ???
captain falcon: fighter kirby
pikachu: spark kirby
squirtle: water kirby
ivysaur: leaf kirby
charizard: fire kirby
lucario: plasma kirby
jigglypuff: mike kirby
ike: fire sword
marth: sword kirby
ness: yo-yo kirby
lucas: super electric energy field
mr g&w: cook kirby
snake: bomb kirby
sonic: ball kirby
wii fit trainer:???
mega man: ???
villager: bell kirby
rosalina: star rod
There would be nothing wrong with inventing new ones. It's not like it hasn't been done before, and just about anything would be better than TD's new ones.

That being said, I really like the idea of Fox resulting in Jet Kirby, but I'm suprised that the one character on your list Kirby has canonically used the power of (MK;Master Sword) is incorrectly listed.
I have to disagree on all the TD ones, as well as Rose and GW's, the former of whom would be Triple Star Rod at best.

Regardless, on topic:

Since you seem to like being an overachiever, can I ask that you make a list of every character-produced item Kirby could inhale? Things like D3 capsules and Peach Bob-ombs fo without saying.
I'll put it in the OP. At some point later (I'm thinking Wed. night), I'll list supporters, as the thread is no longer totally ignored.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Maybe change Hi Jump to Luigi then because he jumps higher.

SmilesTX

Smash Rookie
His problem is his base speed. Hes slow as hell and he flys slow as hell. Give him other peoples run attributes and jumps and i guarantee hell be a better character and fix the copy problem pretty decently. That or just give him a base speed buff. Hes not huge nor is he holding anything big. Why is he so slow, it doesnt make sense.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
His problem is his base speed. Hes slow as hell and he flys slow as hell. Give him other peoples run attributes and jumps and i guarantee hell be a better character and fix the copy problem pretty decently. That or just give him a base speed buff. Hes not huge nor is he holding anything big. Why is he so slow, it doesnt make sense.
Hello! Welcome to Smashboards! Thanks for making my rather crappy thread the site of your first post.

I agree, he should be a tad faster. He's on Dreamland 3 speed when he should be at Superstar speed.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
I think it would be neat if he could spit the items back, or have them be transformed into those stars that bosses make in the games. I'm just hoping that if you swallow two enemies, you get a random copy ability. I think these things could make Kirby more unique and fun.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I don't think Kirby should get power up from items, if that's the case then every character should get abilities based off their series to that extent. Link gets an extra heart after absorbing the heart container. Mario shrinks when hit, Pikachu will faint after being hit a set number of times. As for Kirby getting his actual abilities after absorbing a character... If I wanted that, I would to play as Kirby's actual abilities in a competitive environment I would play Kirby Fighters. Next, I don't remember a single game where Kirby ate an item and transformed because of it. He eats enemies and certain other things but not really item based transformations. If Kirby can spit out items, that would be cool. But making Kirby even more Kirby than he is would take away what makes Smash... Well... Smash.

Super Smash Bros plays differently than Kirby, incorporating all of Kirby's abilities would be unfair to every other character.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I don't think Kirby should get power up from items, if that's the case then every character should get abilities based off their series to that extent. Link gets an extra heart after absorbing the heart container. Mario shrinks when hit, Pikachu will faint after being hit a set number of times. As for Kirby getting his actual abilities after absorbing a character... If I wanted that, I would to play as Kirby's actual abilities in a competitive environment I would play Kirby Fighters. Next, I don't remember a single game where Kirby ate an item and transformed because of it. He eats enemies and certain other things but not really item based transformations. If Kirby can spit out items, that would be cool. But making Kirby even more Kirby than he is would take away what makes Smash... Well... Smash.

Super Smash Bros plays differently than Kirby, incorporating all of Kirby's abilities would be unfair to every other character.
It wasn't a serious consideration. That bit was purely hypothetical.
I don't remember a single game where Kirby ate an item and transformed because of it.
Bombs. In every game.

What do you think of the basic "Absorb and spit out certain items and projectiles" thing, which was the whole point of the thread?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It wasn't a serious consideration. That bit was purely hypothetical.

Bombs. In every game.

What do you think of the basic "Absorb and spit out certain items and projectiles" thing, which was the whole point of the thread?
I said I liked the idea, it's perfect, but not necessary.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
the villager can steal (and throw back) projectile attacks yet kirby can't and the annoying thing is is that IT IS THE MAIN ASPECT OF THE FREAKING GAME! he could at least be able to shoot out a star after swallowing one.

Top Bottom