• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What kind of brickwalls do you go for?

studly

Smash Ace
Okay so im wanting some info...im good enough with ganon to use him in tournamnets and o "okay"..its just at high level play i start to get the feel that im not ussing all of my options........

i go for the chokes...the RARing and thunderstorming

but what kind of mindgames or brickwalls do you other ganon mains go for...

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Rubiks cubes are generally good for mind games.

I generally go for any brick walls that could break down after I yell "Hey Kool-Aid!"

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
Ganon doesn't really have mindgames to put on ur oppenent.

The only one is to not use a move very much then punish them later when they aren't expecting it.

studly

Smash Ace
Rubiks cubes are generally good for mind games.

I generally go for any brick walls that could break down after I yell "Hey Kool-Aid!"
awesome lol

Ganon doesn't really have mindgames to put on ur oppenent.

The only one is to not use a move very much then punish them later when they aren't expecting it.
wow......im not even gonna respond to that

serious qestion...and i would like serious answers

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganon has mainly one brickwall.

Shield -> punish. Then rinse and repeat.

Really, Ganon isn't good when it comes to brickwalls. You're better off trying to set up traps such as Flame choke combos and follow ups, D-throw/U-throw/D-air follow ups, and of course the obvious get people off stage and reverse U-air them.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well...there's always buffering and feinting aerials, namely U-Air and FF'd B-Air in conjunction with D-tilt and jabs to keep them away. As for mindgames, just mix up your movement patterns and don't rely on >B and D-Air to win the match for you. Oh, and unorthodox followups from >B here and there won't hurt. Gives 'em something else to worry about.

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
An up-tilt at the edge of the stage while your opponent is recovering may provide some mind-screwage every now and then...But you should only do that if you just don't have time to do anything else (which would be extremely rare, I think) b/c G-dorf's off stage game is a large part of his overall game.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
This doesn't directly answer your question about brick walls, but it will give you some new things to think about based off the (very limited) information I have from you.

Ganondorf more than many other characters is about SPACING. Sure, every character has to space correctly in order to avoid getting poked, sniped, grabbed, etc, but not every character has as much lag as Ganon. You should be constantly watching the position of your opponent and as soon as he's within dtilt range, things get better quickly. Dtilt is my current go to move. I used to use jab a lot in similar instances, but now I reserve jab for more OoS and necessarily quick retailations/punishments. You should familiarize yourself with the general pop up range of Dtilt on a medium weight character at various percentages. Then adjust these expectations accordingly if you're playing Jiggs or Snake.

Also important is buffering and reverse buffering. Unbelievably important. For some reason, everyone loves walking into Dair->buffered Fsmash at least a couple times a match. Often the dair is used on retreat to get spacing correct for the sweet follow up Fsmash. You should learn to buffer jab, dtilt, ftilt, usmash, and iDA (did I miss anything?) out of Dair/thunderstorm, uair, jab, tilt, usmash, FJ/DJ Nair landing. You need to be able to buffer and reverse buffer reliably in order to advanced your "wall" on both advance and retreat as well as in order to just keep up with most other characters in general. Many of these buffered moves come out a lot faster than you might expect.

Learn all your Gerudo guarenteed follow-ups as well as the spacing necessary to land a dair out of a roll-up animation. Learn to predict the rolling/get up patterns of your opponent quickly, because you'll probably be paying a lot more attention to their patterns than they will, meaning you're at the mind game advantage.

Again, all of this must be applied in a game which is first and foremost about SPACING. It comes back to that. A lot of these moves, when missed, are punished brutally. I realize now that this post has very little to do with your OP and is really just more of a Ganon crash course, but take from it what you will. Probably everything I said here is more eloquently assembled in one of the ganon guides (check out swoops' guide. It's the most up to date by a long shot), but at least I've hit the main points:

Spacing

Knowing how to buffer/reverse buffer

Spacing

Knowing all your options out of gerudo and making informed predictions about their get up based off of patterns/habits.

Spacing

studly

Smash Ace
awesome thanks to hyperstation

exactly what i was loking for

iive been working on some of those things..so i was allready headed that direction

Top Bottom