• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What judges B-throw's arc?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Seriously. At one point the enemy goes flying upward, but on the next one, they go flying at an almost horizontal arc.

At first case I think it's DI, but then I remember that CPUs are too dumb to use DI. Therefore I can only wonder. It seems so random.

In any case, is there a sure way of knowing how B-throw arcs? Cause if there's a way of controlling it then it definitely can be useful.

Matt07

Smash Master
I honestly have no clue, I'm assuming it's the way your opponent D.I'd but I can't really say since I use 'Bowser' throw for all my throws.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
DI. Duh. If your opponent DIs against it it will go upwards. If they DI down or backwards for any dumb reason, then it will send them horizontally. That is why you have to save this throw near the ledge, and kudos to you if you save it and land it while you are on a platform near the ledge.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
DI. Duh. If your opponent DIs against it it will go upwards. If they DI down or backwards for any dumb reason, then it will send them horizontally. That is why you have to save this throw near the ledge, and kudos to you if you save it and land it while you are on a platform near the ledge.
Weight and Damage percent also has to do with the arc, so people don't think DI is the only factor in the throw (even though its probably the main component).

Genos

Smash Apprentice
CPUs can DI. There are some instances of CPUs performing godly DI that no human could ever perform.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Personally, I think it's the number of times you use it during the match as a whole. Like with Ness's fthrow, it seems like it's at it's most powerful the first time you use it and then it gradually gets worse even after you die. Honestly, I don't know but it would be strange if it was a move that had permanent degration.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Personally, I think it's the number of times you use it during the match as a whole. Like with Ness's fthrow, it seems like it's at it's most powerful the first time you use it and then it gradually gets worse even after you die. Honestly, I don't know but it would be strange if it was a move that had permanent degration.
Typically you don't use the bthrow other than to kill, so its safe to assume its fresh when you do it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Bumping this because people wanted to know (myself included).

Tested out the B-Throw in a 1v1 (So the stale moves system was active). For the people who believed it was just DI, they would be correct. The only time when the arc changed was when DI was implemented.

So why was the arc random when I did it? CPUs are idiots.

Top Bottom