• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your guys souce? Regarding multiple ppl on one wii

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
Everyone said that you can only play with multiple ppl on one wii with friends only. But some of you are saying that you can do it with anyone but team battle only. What is your source for this?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
If you "Play Anyone", you can't play with multiple people. It's you, your opponent(s), and maybe some CPUs. Source: my Brawl copy >_>

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
OK, so if you play with friends in FFA, someone from your same Wii can join in right?

e.g., me and my brother on one Wii, fighting 2 friends on 2 other Wiis, in a FFA match. That can be done right? I've been wanting real confirmation for absolutely ages. Everythin g I hear is just too vague.

Gorlith

Smash Rookie
I don't have a copy of SSBB yet, but I believe the answer is yes SuperLink.
I think what I've read is that if you play "with anyone" then you get thrown into a ffa with random other players.
If you choose "play with friends" you can have something like what you describe, you anda friend on 1 system vs two other fiends on 1-2 systems or a FFA w/ said friends, etc.

c0nker

Smash Apprentice
in friends mode, up to 3 people can join in from your wii

i've played someone who let his cousin and bro on while we were playing..was pretty fun.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I don't really know how it works, but I do know that 2 people can play at the same time on wifi.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
Its already well known (just look at youtube, sheesh) that you can have 3 players on the same Wii online With Friends. I don't even know why you guys are thinking about that.

The only thing that keeps messing our head is about With Anyone. On the Dojo, you have Team Battle and FFA choice when going With Anyone. Some people said you could play with a friend in Team Battle, some said you can't. Honestly I don't know whats the truth here, though I strongly believe you can't... just because I know they didn't put much effort in the online mode, or they just didn't know how, whatever.

I'd still like that to be answered properly, however.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Not trying to be mean JJBro1 but for the last time, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But only on with friends.

You can't do it "with anyone" mode. >_<

Team battles (with anyone)lets you partner up with another random person online.

Top Bottom