• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favourite smash game?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Brawl is a close second, but at this point I have to say Ultimate.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ultimate by far. I was too young for Melee and it’s not for me competitively while I love Ultimate at a competitive level. It’s just such an amazing game and I haven’t felt that “magic” feeling in a game for a long time but Ultimate makes me feel that at 26 years old

Brawl is a close second but for different reasons. It’s the nostalgia, the time of my life, the friends I played it with, being a senior in high school and not having a care in the world but going home, maybe doing a questionable activity, and then just playing Brawl for hours with my friends. Nothing can compare to that those were some of the best times of my life. Ultimate is a better game though

I’d rank them

1.Ultimate
2. Brawl
3. Melee
4. 64 (I was thinking of ranking this higher because it was my first smash and one of my favorite N64 games as a kid but I didn’t quite understand it as an 8 year old)
5. Smash 4 (didn’t even play. Found it very boring)

Last edited:

MattySlice

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1447 0204 2430
1) Ultimate
2) Melee
3) Wii U
4) Original 64
5) Brawl

I know many people like it, but for some reason brawl just doesn't do it for me gameplay wise. I believe it opened up a whole new world for smash to grow and flourish into what it is today though.

(never played Project M or 3DS one much)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ultimate. Not really a question anymore.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Ultimate, and I don’t even own the game yet. That’s how good it is.

Melee was previously my favorite.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ultimate. Not really a question anymore.
It’s just so good. I understand why certain people like Melee better (the competive scene is really awesome in Melee and the things you can do are insane) but I don’t think anyone can say it’s objectively the better game. Obviously it’s between those two and I think Ultimate is clearly better. Anyone other than competitive Melee players who disagrees is probably disagreeing off nostalgia or a character they liked in a certain game but as an overall game it’s not close

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do not want to pick favorites when it comes to Smash since they are all fun to play, but Smash 4 receives most of my attention as of late with Ultimate soon to follow.
Ultimate, and I don’t even own the game yet. That’s how good it is.

Melee was previously my favorite.
It makes me feel better that I am not the only one missing out.

Sayonara :kirby:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Go down the list.
1. Ultimate
2. Smash 4
3. Brawl
4. Melee
5. 64.

I placed Melee as 2nd worst. Fite me.

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
1.)PM
2.)Ultimate
3.)Melee
4.)smash4

I love pm because the mechanics aren't too hard to pick up and the kills/combos are really fun. Also the fact that you can mod it into the ground with whatever you want. Ultimate is fun for me but combos are limited with swordsman and kill confirms can be pretty tough at times.

cleffei

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5160-9022-9254
Brawl definitely! Always had the most compelling single-player content to me

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Melee is sick

But seriously I play both Melee and Ultimate regularly and while I'll say that I have been playing Ultimate more and it's amazing, Melee always have me coming back. I don't say that for other smash games like Brawl and I haven't even touched 4 since Ultimate came out. In all honesty I currently feel that Ultimate is better but I've said the exact same thing to Smash 4 when it came out and that opinion went from being better, to about even, and finally eh Brawl still has something for me to come back to. I don't think I'll feel the exact same way later with Ultimate but I do think my hype of it will die down which is why I'll say Melee is my favorite as I haven't stopped playing it since I was a little child.

Top Bottom