• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Is Your Favorite/the Best Version of PM Lucas?

[404]

Smash Rookie
Title says it all. Lets get a bit of nostalgia going, and also talk about the good old days of Lucas when he was still an untapped god.

My favorite version, and arguably the best, was 2.6. He had sooo much going for him, his movement, INSANE magnet, his aerials were godlike, fun d-tilt, and he could combo anyone. I do miss old magnet, but it needed some change.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
i liked 3.5 lucas because his dtilt, magnet, magnet pull, uair, bair, fair, dair, pk freeze, offense up, and tether became the best they've ever been.

i mean, who thought the character could get any more fun?

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
2.6 magnets were broken AF. I didn't really play him much in that version tho

3.0 was fun with magnets and PKF having an auto cancel. Fair being good range and having a not too tiny, not too large hit box or disjoint while being able to kill if perfectly sweet spotted was nice

3.5 still kept a decent amount of his moves, new Dtilt is cool once you're used to it, PKF still went a full distance, and having a useable UpB was nice

NTHPlayr

Smash Cadet
NNID
NTH112
3.02 Lucas. He had such amazing movement and fast combos. 3.6b Lucas is still good though.

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
I never got to use it , but magnet pulling seemed cool.
I wish he could still grab backwards from UpB because you could tech if someone tried to spike you or something like that and do an instant UpB to grab ledge which just looked stylish as ****, but I just die when if I do it now.

Last edited:

that_rock

Smash Rookie
3.0 Seems like Lucas was better, but I mostly jumped on PM hype during 3.5. So by default, 3.5/3.6 cuz they are basically the same thing.

D e l t a

overall they're similar, but RIP perfect PKF and 3.5 Utilt. No more being able to camp like Falco :/

EDIT: I love your avi lol

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Even though he doesn't have some of the tools I want, 3.6 Lucas is alright. I just wish you didn't have to be as precise as Marth for like literally every move for an optimal punish.

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
Think they should make it so that he can be more aggressive, that's it. Well maybe have his UpB be able to grab ledge backwards for more than like 5 frames at the top.

Last edited:

D e l t a

Lucas is one of the most aggressive characters in the game. It's his approach that sucks

As for his UpB, make it so he's not spinning like a ****ing merry go round. I can't always tell if I'm facing towards the ledge or not and if I should grab it. Lucas faces the direction PKT2 hits, but when going vertically up past the ledge, I don't always know if I can fast fall to ledge or if I should accept the punish by landing on stage since I can't grab ledge

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
I have that complaint too. Sometimes I think I can make it back onstage with a well placed PKT...then I just fall down because I was facing the wrong way and had no idea.
;_;

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is one of the most aggressive characters in the game. It's his approach that sucks

As for his UpB, make it so he's not spinning like a ****ing merry go round. I can't always tell if I'm facing towards the ledge or not and if I should grab it. Lucas faces the direction PKT2 hits, but when going vertically up past the ledge, I don't always know if I can fast fall to ledge or if I should accept the punish by landing on stage since I can't grab ledge
I played Fox for a long time to get good at tech and got used to a hyper aggressive play style, so when trying to learn Lucas every time I went in I got punished. Now I don't know Lucas's Neutral all to well, but it is still difficult.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Yeah when you get a vertical PKT2 you just leave yourself to fate.

The spinning animation definitely makes sense with the hitboxes, since like almost every spinning move is a multihit. If he stopped spinning before the end of the distance traveled and clearly indicated which direction you were facing, that would be great.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Now that I think about it, I kinda miss 2.5b Lucas. Not just because of his magnet stuff, but mainly because of dair. Don't get me wrong, I like the multihit dair from an anti-CC perspective and the fact it leads into combos/up smash so well, but being able to use dair as a viable pressure mixup was really nice--not that I was very good at it when 2.5b was still around, but I can see the possibilities with it now. The delayed hit made opponents think twice about just dropping shield unless they timed it just perfectly. Maybe that's just the disconnection between my knowledge now and my shallow observation then and maybe I'd say something different if I played 2.5b again with my new knowledge.... Hmm....

D e l t a

All I know is that it was fun as hell playing 3.0. The last time I played it a few months ago, all I did was spam magnets because I could. 3.0 Fair is love; 3.0 Fair is life.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
I find Lucas as he is right now to be incredibly rewarding. If you master your tech and space your sweet/sour moves like Fair and Magnet and Bair and Utilt correctly you can do amazing things.

I'd say he's as close as any character to being done. Wouldn't mind a tiny bit more KBG on Fair though.

Top Bottom