• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite "Mini strategy"?

The Y-Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
onealfam
3DS FC
0173-1370-1553
By mini strategy, I mean a quick little combo of a few moves to rack up some damage on the opponent.

For me, it's either have to be Game and watch with Helmet (dash) then Octopus (Up-smash), or Robin with Arcfire (Side special) and then a solid Forward air or back air.

also sorry if the terms are wrong, I'm new to competitive smash terms -u-"

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Throwing a white pikmin onto some poor soul, then grabbing him so he can't shake it off. Gotta love doing 40% in about 2 seconds.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Throwing a white pikmin onto some poor soul, then grabbing him so he can't shake it off. Gotta love doing 40% in about 2 seconds.
Throwing them, you mean. Not every smasher is male ;)

As for me, with Kirby: dair > jab is very nice to rack up damage. With Villager is just keep sending lloids and shooting with the slingshot on the opponents face

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Luigi: D-throw to f-air to f-air. Gotta love Luigi's d-throw i this game. At very early percents, it actually goes straight into up-smash!

ImTheJosh

Smash Rookie
I always use mario to use quite possibly the most overused combo ever, Down throw and up tilt attack over and over.

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Throwing them, you mean. Not every smasher is male ;)
Hehe, I must've been tired when I posted that. Normally I take that type of thing into account. Sorry!

Also, throwing a boomerang with Toon Link, grabbing my opponent, pummeling them (xD) until the boomerang comes back, doing MORE damage, then back throwing.

Feel like batman.

Last edited:

ImTheJosh

Smash Rookie
Hehe, I must've been tired when I posted that. Normally I take that type of thing into account. Sorry!

Also, throwing a boomerang with Toon Link, grabbing my opponent, pummeling them (xD) until the boomerang comes back, doing MORE damage, then back throwing.

Feel like batman.
This must mean batman is confirmed for DLC!

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I always use mario to use quite possibly the most overused combo ever, Down throw and up tilt attack over and over.
That never works for me, since my opponent always escapes. Am I timing it wrong? Anyway, I instead use d-throw to up-b--way more reliable, at least for me.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Peach: Grab, pummel, down throw, bair (sometimes uair depending on the damage percentage). Always does the trick.

Villager: Any wacky thing I can improvise with ftilts and nairs.

Mega Man: Grab, pummel, downthrow, fair, dtilt, sometimes usmash or fair again depending on how my opponent tries to escape.

Zelda: dtilt, dtilt, ftilt/fsmash.

ImTheJosh

Smash Rookie
That never works for me, since my opponent always escapes. Am I timing it wrong? Anyway, I instead use d-throw to up-b--way more reliable, at least for me.
I think it only works for about 5 hits, Still works for me though.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon's Dthrow, SHUair, then UTilt. If you're really quick, you can spike them and take 1 stock in about.... 8, maybe 10 seconds? Nothing funnier! xD

Last edited:

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
Greninja: When opponent is at low percent, grab and uthrow to nair, opponent dodges, fastfall then jab combo.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4pit: - D-throw -> shorthop n-air, u-throw -> u-air

:4palutena: - Throw off stage -> d-air spike, jab -> u-air

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I wouldn't really post strategys on here, who knows? maybe the next player you'll face on for glory could be someone from here and they would know what your using to avoid it, but that's just me.

Grab>Pummel>Pummel>Pummel>Upthrow>Upair
this would totally work

If Rayman were in smash.

Last edited:

GONZLAMM

Smash Apprentice
not really a combo but when i play jigglypuff i can usually get a rest after landing a hit that makes them tumble on the ground and then space my self so that if they roll towards me its a guaranteed rest. i catch a lot of people doing this especially if i never play the same person twice and save it for new games. i punish a lot of rollers this way too. a lot of out of shield rest against dash attacks and ledge attacks. you can out of shield rest yoshis egg roll and i think sonic too but i havent been able too yet

Bowser Jr. up-special; blow 'em up with the falling clown car and then hit them with the hammer while on your way down. Works well on any CPU or novice player who lets it happen, and can be devastating to the tougher Smash Run enemies.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
:4pacman:: Down throw -> Dash Attack -> Aerials / Key
:4gaw:: Down throw -> Bucket / Hammer / Utilt / Nair / Parachute

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
With toon link I will throw my Boomerang away from my opponent, get behind my opponent and grab him, I will keep hitting him and when he gets out of the grab the boomerang will come back and hit him and then I will get a free UP+A.

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
on my link i always keep throwing bumoranq and arrows and when opponent gets to me i just roll away. when i ko i pull a bomb to spice it up a little

Khao

Smash Lord
Mega Man.

pew pew peSHORT HOP, MOVE BACK. pew pew peSHORT HOP, MOVE BACK. pew pew peSHORT HOP, FAIR EVERY NOW AND THEN.

It's barely even worthy of being called a strategy, but it's surprisingly effective.

Last edited:

Namefound

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2664-2603-8552
As my Main Man :4ness:, I occasionally like to juggle my opponent a bit with PKT, and then see if I can land an Uair on the sucker! And I'm not sure if this counts, but I also try to punish players with grabbing.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
If someone juggles me and i'm playing :4larry:, I drop my Clown Car on top of them and see the car go boom on their face.

Top Bottom