• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite game(s) of all time?

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
Based off of nostalgia I'd say either Shrek 2, pokemon XD:gale of darkness, or pokemon heart gold
Based on experience, fun, times played, ect.. I'd have to say saints row 3, the guitar hero series, or DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
**UPDATED APRIL 2017**

1) Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U
2) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
4) Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
5) Super Mario 3D World
6) Dark Souls III
7) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
8) The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
9) Paper Mario
10) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
11) Super Mario Bros. 3
12) Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
13) Super Mario Galaxy 2
14) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
15) Fire Emblem: Awakening
16) Super Metroid
17) Tales of Symphonia
18) Resident Evil 4
19) Silent Hill 2
20) Soul Calibur

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I really loved Bloodborne when I played it early this year and it might just be one of my favorite games ever, but I only played it once since I borrowed it from someone and haven't gotten around to buying the game myself. I haven't even beaten my first playthrough of Resident Evil Remaster yet because I got distracted with other games, but from what I have played of it so far a lot of the things in that game are so memorable that it kind of reminds of MGS3 in some ways.

mistercupter

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterCupter
My absolute favorite game of all time is definitely Chibi-Robo!: Plug Into Adventure for the GameCube. It was the go to game of my childhood. I remember getting a feeling in my stomach knowing it was Friday and I could go home and play it all weekend. My best friend and I first became friends because we both had the game and that's not a very common thing.

I have played through the game countless times. I used to get up early in the morning and see if I could get through it in one sitting. It was the game I played when I was at home sick, the game I went to when I was just bored, or when I wanted adventure or a weird game with a good story. I spent many hours cleaning the Sanderson's house, exploring, driving a hot rod, flying a space ship, climbing a castle, time traveling, or going through boot camp to battle a dog. I never got tired of it no matter how many times I finished it 100%.

Even now that I'm a lot older, I still adore everything about it and the adventures I had in it. It's been over a decade since it came out and nothing has really gotten close to topping it for me. I recommend it to any Nintendo fan.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
My absolute favorite game of all time is definitely Chibi-Robo!: Plug Into Adventure for the GameCube. It was the go to game of my childhood. I remember getting a feeling in my stomach knowing it was Friday and I could go home and play it all weekend. My best friend and I first became friends because we both had the game and that's not a very common thing.

I have played through the game countless times. I used to get up early in the morning and see if I could get through it in one sitting. It was the game I played when I was at home sick, the game I went to when I was just bored, or when I wanted adventure or a weird game with a good story. I spent many hours cleaning the Sanderson's house, exploring, driving a hot rod, flying a space ship, climbing a castle, time traveling, or going through boot camp to battle a dog. I never got tired of it no matter how many times I finished it 100%.

Even now that I'm a lot older, I still adore everything about it and the adventures I had in it. It's been over a decade since it came out and nothing has really gotten close to topping it for me. I recommend it to any Nintendo fan.
I remember I stopped playing that game as a little kid, because I was too scared to go into the basement of the house after I went in the first time lol.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, it'd have to be Super Smash Bros. series of course. Also Tekken, Mario Kart, and Mario Party series.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I would have to say Pilotwings, F-Zero, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Super Paper Mario, Fatal Fury, Aero Fighters, Magician Lord, and Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy off the top of my head:)

whiskey hotel

Smash Rookie
NNID
cdolson30
1. Arma 3
2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl (with Complete 2009)
3. Half-Life
4. Melee
5. OoT

Last edited:

The13thGalaxy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2767-0840-7029
Switch FC
SW-8121-7126-7047
Rainbow Six Siege is an amazing game. I have a little group I play with, and it's an amazingly fun time. I can't stress enough how, if you have a PC strong enough to handle it or next gen consoles, please at least give it a look. You will not regret it.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I have to be honest, my favorite games change from time to time. In 2014 my favorite game was cod waw but it changed in a heartbeat to melee in 2015.

My favorite games over the years, in no particular order, are as follows:
Call of Duty: World at War
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Team Fortress 2
Hotline Miami 1/2
Guitar Hero 3 (still can't beat lou on expert)
Pokemon Emerald
Borderlands 2
CSGO
Every single Mario game released for the original DS

There's definitely way more but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

bboss

Smash Journeyman
1) Tetris
2) Super Mario 64
3) Street Fighter II
4) Super Mario World
5) Metroid Prime
6) Pac-Man
7) The Legend of Zelda
8) Doom
9) Donkey Kong
10) Space Invaders
11) Melee
12) Wind Waker
13) Contra
14) Super Mario Galaxy
15) Ms. Pac-Man
16) Star Fox 64
17) Metroid
18) Galaga
19) Super Metroid
20) Half-Life 2
21) Super Mario Kart
22) Super Mario Bros. 3
23) Super Mario Bros.
24) Super Mario Galaxy

... and of course OoT is my favorite.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm gonna do a top 10 list.

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Final Fantasy IX
6. Super Smash Bros. (N64)
7. Fire Emblem Fates
8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
10.Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (3D)
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
5. Super Mario 64
6. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
7. Chrono Trigger
8. F-ZERO GX
9. Terranigma
10. Mega Man 3
HONORABLE MENTION: Project M (the only reason it's not my #1 is that it's not a proper "game", so much as it is a conversion hack)

Last edited:

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
I'll try a top 10 list. Although, in all honesty, it probably won't be an accurate reflection of the descending order of how much I enjoy(ed) each game...

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
2. Pokemon Platinum/Pokemon Emerald
3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
4. Pokemon Sun/Moon
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Undertale
7. Watch Dogs 1 & 2
8. Pokemon Heart Gold
9. Pokemon Uranium
10. Rocket League

I probably forgot a few games that I really, really like.
EDIT: Like Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Also I like Pokemon if you couldn't tell.

Last edited:

bboss

Smash Journeyman
For me:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. OoT
4. Tetris
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Link to the Past
7. Super Mario 64
8. Final Fantasy VII