• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the Most Optimal Way to Play Zero Suit?

Wyles

Smash Cadet
Zero Suit is funky. She can be played campy, she's a great punisher, and she has fast attacks. I'm told she's not a good aggressor? But I've seen some strong aggro to prove that ZSS can be. Anyways, what do you guys think is the most optimal way to play Zamus?

David Viran

Smash Lord
I don't know anymore. I hear she's not a great aggressor all the time too but then I watch nairo or leon or something and they are very aggressive.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
It all depends on the opponent. I think she is best with a mix of spacing and being aggressive. It's very situational

Last edited:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
She's quite the zone breaker, and her paralyzer is quite good at setting up some brick walls. Her frame data is practically perfect and combining that with her long legs (her hitboxes are mostly located at the jetboots) she can also use that to set up good brick walls. Brick walling is not her specialty however, she just isn't terrible at it.

How I usually play her with success is by utilizing the above mentioned tools in the Neutral phase until I see an opening, then I either go for a dash grab or dash attack to send the opponent in the air. While the opponent is in the air you can combo the crap out of them if you read airdodges and jumps correctly. You can also true combo down throws into aerials (which aerials depends on the DI). Her Nair is great for shield pressure if you space it correctly <3. Her Zair is just incredible for spacing when mastered. If the opponent is pressuring your sheild while being close you can Utilt them as a punish since it comes out faster than her shield grab.
(And if you're really feeling it, you can boost kick(UP-B) outta shield and catch them for a kill, but if you're unsure it can be very risky)

You should watch pro Zamus players and take a look at their zoning for reference. Good Luck! :D

Last edited:

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
She's got a great mix of options for attacking, defending and punishing. She's very well rounded, but it depends on what and who you're playing. Smash feels very matchup based as well as playstyle based, imo.

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
She's got a great mix of options for attacking, defending and punishing. She's very well rounded, but it depends on what and who you're playing. Smash feels very matchup based as well as playstyle based, imo.
This is what drew me to playing her tbh. She can be played a variety of ways depending on matchup and player preference without really suffering.

Officer Jenny

Smash Rookie
She's muh spacing queen : D. Z air, neutral B, fast fall neutral air, lagless aerials. She's a slippery little frog and in the right hands hard as **** to punish. That said I'm a bit of a reckless player with her so I'm giving advice that I myself do not even follow.

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
Warning Received
Zero Suit Samus is a cheater or jaguar. She waits and stalks her prey, waiting for the right moment to... STRIKE!

She's the other Falcon of the game, she waits for someone to mess up and makes them pay for it. Her ability to stun them from a distance and grab them from afar means she really is perfect for punishes, as well as the ability to punish rolls and airdodges she really can make defensive play a struggle to say the least!

She's muh spacing queen : D. Z air, neutral B, fast fall neutral air, lagless aerials. She's a slippery little frog and in the right hands hard as **** to punish. That said I'm a bit of a reckless player with her so I'm giving advice that I myself do not even follow.
To be honest your playstyle really helped me up my ZSS play! Youre a Smash hero of mine heh

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Mod edit: No~

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom