• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what is the fastest aerial for each char

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I know quite a few character's fastest aerials. The ones I know of are:

Ike: Air dodging is actually faster than ALL of his aerials. But if you insist on using an aerial move, use either Bair or Dair.

Marth: Fair

MK: Uair

Lucario: Fair

Kirby: Uair

Olimar: Uair

Pit: Fair

Ivysaur: Nair

Charizard: Bair

Squirtle: Uair

ROB: Fair

G&W: Nair

These are all of the characters I know about. Hope this helped. FYI, not all of the character's moves I listed will apply for canceling air momentum however. Since you just want them for DI'ing purposes, I'll let you do what you want with them.

Someone ban this character.
Go complain to someone who ACTUALLY cares. >_>

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
I know a couple.

Toon Link - Bair
Link - Either Nair or Bair. Bair is the most useful though.
Snake - Uair or Bair
Ike- I... don't know. They're all so slow.
Captain Falcon - Propably the Bair but I like the KNEE OF JUSTICE better
etc. etc. D: too long.

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
^^^Read my post above yours. Hopefully that should give you an answer for Ike. Not ALL of his moves are THAT slow FYI.
I can't seem to find a good use for the Dair. The air isn't the best place for Ike either and I only go there when I get launched. And also I meant that Ike's moves are slow in the air, sorry. Most of his air attacks have lots of lag. Laggier than almost all the cast. :dizzy:

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to find a good use for the Dair. The air isn't the best place for Ike either and I only go there when I get launched. And also I meant that Ike's moves are slow in the air, sorry. Most of his air attacks have lots of lag. Laggier than almost all the cast. :dizzy:
Yeah personally, I don't use the Dair much unless if I'm attempting a spike on a stage like Pirate ship. Actually, Ike does pretty well in the air IMO. However you are right, his aerials do have some lag to them, but I've worked my way around that. IF you do use Ike and you feel like you'll get mauled by an attack in the air, use the Nair. It practically works like a huge offensive barrier for Ike and it auto-cancels when you land meaning that you can follow up with another move near instantaneously.

Yeah his aerials are kinda laggy, but you have to learn how to space with them if you don't want your opponent to retaliate. This especially goes for his Fair. The range of that move is HUGE. I like to attack with this move while retreating. Even though if I get them, I still space myself so they can't counter attack. I can usually force my opponents to roll away/ dodge if I continue to pursue them with this move. As soon as their invincibility frames are gone, I can hit them with this move once again while retreating in case I miss. I only use his Bair as a KO move as well as his Uair. However, I use the Uair a lot when they are on top of a platform because Uair destroys people so well on platforms. It often gets me a KO sometimes. If you space his aerials, you should be fine. Only the Nair doesn't have any landing lag because it is auto-canceled once you land on the ground. So use the Nair more against opponents if they try to take you on in the air. You should almost get them every time with this move as the move does have a large protective hit box.

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
Yeah personally, I don't use the Dair much unless if I'm attempting a spike on a stage like Pirate ship. Actually, Ike does pretty well in the air IMO. However you are right, his aerials do have some lag to them, but I've worked my way around that. IF you do use Ike and you feel like you'll get mauled by an attack in the air, use the Nair. It practically works like a huge offensive barrier for Ike and it auto-cancels when you land meaning that you can follow up with another move near instantaneously.

Yeah his aerials are kinda laggy, but you have to learn how to space with them if you don't want your opponent to retaliate. This especially goes for his Fair. The range of that move is HUGE. I like to attack with this move while retreating. Even though if I get them, I still space myself so they can't counter attack. I can usually force my opponents to roll away/ dodge if I continue to pursue them with this move. As soon as their invincibility frames are gone, I can hit them with this move once again while retreating in case I miss. I only use his Bair as a KO move as well as his Uair. However, I use the Uair a lot when they are on top of a platform because Uair destroys people so well on platforms. It often gets me a KO sometimes. If you space his aerials, you should be fine. Only the Nair doesn't have any landing lag because it is auto-canceled once you land on the ground. So use the Nair more against opponents if they try to take you on in the air. You should almost get them every time with this move as the move does have a large protective hit box.
Hmm... Thanks for the tips. Those are nice strats to counter attack when I get launched into the air next time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom