• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the craziest death you've avoided?

Apparentlynew

Smash Rookie
Mine: I was Falcon, my friend was Samus. I have over 120 damage, and I get knocked off the left side of battlefield without my jump. His Samus is fully charged. I come in high with my up-b, so I am diagonally upleft of the left battlefield edge. He fires his fully charged shot. It hits me. I zoom DOWN-RIGHT a pretty long way, maybe the distance of falco's up-b, and grab onto the ledge. This was last year, before I had any idea what DI was. I guess I accidentally perfectly smash DI'd. Then he killed me when I got on the stage again.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
When I was Falco, I got knocked right off the stage as shiek in Temple but I use my attacks to get to the bottom island. But when I made it up into the cave-like area, Shiek Up-B attack sent me flying onto the ceiling. I don't remember how much damage I had then.

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
It's really hard to be KOed in Hyrule Temple...my crazy evasion was in Final Destination.

Another one:

A Marth ditto match between my brother and I in Battlefield. We both have one stock left, and there's two minutes on the clock. I get sent flying to the left side, and he starts edgeguarding by charging his Shieldbreaker. I perform the Dancing Blade recovery, and barely grab the edge (heh heh, sweetspotting). So, he misses me, and I come up and own him.

Marmalade

Smash Cadet
yea that happened to me just like yesterday i was falcon and he was jiggs and i always get ***** but it was down to both 1 stock ans he slept me and it phantom hit and i falcon punched him it was like divine intervention.

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
This isn't what happened to me but what happened to the computer. I was marth he was roy. He had over 200 damage and I spiked him using Dair. He used his ^B immediatly and survived! imagine that.

Mine: friends falco; falco phantasm into me when I tried to shine him (with fox....) and I jumped and fire foxed back to stage.

Elen

Smash Lord
At final dest I wall teched 28 of falco's Dairs in a row. It's on video too ^.^ Do I win?

yugi9267

Smash Cadet
on hyrule, temple. i got 650 damage by wall teching in the tunnel before i got out of it still safe, then i receive a warlock punch but it was phantom hit, so i put him a flutter kick then a forward smash the ganon. poor friend, he had only 130%.

Spot

Smash Cadet
I was being attacked by three other people for having the most lives in a timed stock match. I was Marth and I had racked up enough damage to be killed if an accurate smash attack had hit me. But luckily, I was in the no-kill zone of Hyrule Temple and every time I was smashed, I rebounded (teched) off of the wall or ceiling so I was never sent very far. At one point I was sent far to the left side of the screen and I was left to fall to my doom, but instead I recovered up to the higher part of the stage. The number of times I heard, "Okay, Marth's dead. What?!" was insane. Eventually, the teaming up ended and I was killed by one person.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Ok, I am loving this one. By far a most memorable moment.
FD, 1 stock left, both Falco, yata yata.
Anyway, we had a fierce battle, we're falling off the stage and I'm out of recover range, etc. My friend is just above me, so I shine him. He bounces up, off the overhang into the side of the stage and shines ME! He still had another jump, but I bounced along the same path and SPIKED HIM! It was funny because that kill go me the win on a 128 cpu(no prob) tourney, in which every character was us(3 stock). It only took 7 HOURS!!!!!!!!!
We even copied the same technique and managed to bounce each along the same path more than five times after a few tries. Never could do it again, never recorded it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Pretty much everytime I screw around at Hyrule Temple, I get a new 'best close death' ever.

But this story is about Moogle and I, and how he survived a tremendous hit. In Pokemon Stadium.

It's Fox (him) vs. Ganon (me), and the stage has been transformed so it has the steep cliff on the left side and then that middle part that is all over anything Zelgadis and shining. Y'know what I'm talking about...

Anyways, we're in there and he's beating the crud outta me. He jumps all the way up, both jumps, and I meant to do an up-smash, but I do a up-tilt instead. Moogle comes down and lands RIGHT in it, but because of the close corridors, hits about 500 walls 25 different times each and flies off to the right, only to get back to the stage.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm getting airguarded by jiggs right and he keeps using his back air and i kept retaliating with the fortress. I finally somehow go under it but he taps me as i go back towards the ledge. So i use the bowser bomb to grab the ledge and surprise him and kill him with me at 120 and him at 90. HAHAH

dragonbladeclock

Smash Cadet
I was roy, my brother was link. I sent him up in the air and he did his down A move. We are both in the 300% and I am about to die. then BAM counter. I win.:chuckle:

Volrec

Smash Lord
I feel so sorry for phantom hit's, sometimes, I just wanna jump off the stage, because they are so close to winning.

Getting on topic, I got shinespiked, disjointed, went back on stage, tech, edgeguard.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I cant remember quite perfectly, but here I go:
Me vs Sabe rlike always, me mario, hes using falco, i remember he Fsmash me on FD an I almost died, just when I was gettin close he edgehoged, I threw a fireball, and thus he was falling, he tried to spike me, I manage to dodge it, then he UPbs but I managed to grab the ledge and he falls to his death, it was awesome...

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Ah, I should be looking to remember these as well now... I dont' remember much. But as much I as rest (not saying that I do it accurately, I'm just able to grab WTF moments, like immediately after a Fox does a down throw - ping! he gone) and as much as my friends play Captain Falcon, I often end up getting a Falcon Punch to the face. Oh, how sweet it is to have them land and punch in the wrong direction....

Man, Temple is so hilarious; we need to play there more often... Our very much more advanced friend was shining us off of the no-kill zone's left edge, me as Jiggly my friend as C.Falcon... he woulnd't have made it back with his up-b had I not kept hitting him with my rising pound for my own recovery :p

I think it was vs. Doc, I had at least 120% damage on me, Fire stage on Pokemon Stadium... Get hit by a Doc fair that by all means should've killed me, except for some miracle of DI. I flew out to the right about a bowser's length over the edge and just floated there for about half a second before I could move back... that was crazy.

Zodiac

Smash Master
It a free for all between all of my friends, and so we were on Coneria when the laser begin to Charge, I get nailed off the edge by one of my friends playing fox or somthing, and get caught in the lasers! and before the let off my other friend jumps off the edge readies a falcon punch and nails me right when the lasers stop. fun eh?

or it was I was falcon punched into the lasers, cant remember which.

Edg

Smash Cadet
Probably falco vrs falco... playing on yoshis story i was dair spiked right into the cloud and managed to make it back to the stage.

Or in a 3 player FFA when me and another fox was knocked off with a smash and we chained our up-b's together to make it backon the stage

chubchubo

Smash Rookie
well this is my friends story i guess. well i was IC and he was CF. well he just kneed me off the stage, well i was able to almost get on. he jumped off, and tried to dair me. i unfortuantly got hit -.-, but nana survived. the thing was, he just ran off the side and didn't jump, so he had only 1 jump left. so he jumped, and did his up-b thing. and somehow, he got nana before she dissapeared, and was able to get back on... gay -.-

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
This one also counts under the craziest KO's you've ever seen had or experienced.

~44% or so, one or two jumps gone, in a teams match my Jiggly got Falcon stomped off the left edge of Battlefield. 4 Jump to Rising Pounds later, I'm back on the stage, only to be hit back off the stage by Falcon. Pound back, I'm hit with a half-charged Falcon F-Smash. Pound back, this time more above the stage, and when he jumps up to try and knee me to death, he ends up right in my Pound, and at his 100%+ damage his knee DI carries him straight off into the left Death Wall.

Don't you love taking your opponents down as you recover?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
3 player ffa, my friend and I are both Roy, and the other person is Samus. Samus fires a fuly charged beam at my friend, who powershields it right as i come down in front of him. I use Roy's counter and kill my friend. Woot

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
this was the first time i found out you could do this so anyways... i was marth and my friend falcon he got me up to a pretty high damage and was about to finish me off with a meteor smash (this was on final destination), as i was trying to u-B my way onto the stage and it hits me smashing me agianst the side and as a reflex i jammed the opposite direction on my controller and i did an AMAZING wall jump (you have to understand that i was at 100% damage and so it happened in an instant). well now that i know of it, it isn't so amazing ne more.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I'm falco 1v2 at the end of a 2v2 match against a mario and another char. I'm at ~130% and have to phantasm to the ledge to get back on. The mario sees that and drops off the stage a little bit and capes me during my phantasm about 2.5 mario widths away from the edge. I smash DI all the way to the ledge and tech it. I think I died shortly after that, but hey, I prolonged my life a little.

Smash Master
Once, I was trying to squall back to the stage with solo Popo, and this Falco does an illusion back onto the stage, which meteor's Popo down, but I used Up-B and just barely grabbed the ledge.
Once I ledgeteched Jiggs d-smash with Bowser. That was also kind of cool.

Top Bottom