• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the character in Melee that best suits me?

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
So, I'm getting Melee soon. I'm really looking into the game, but I don't know much about the characters. So I want to know what character best suits me. Here is the criteria thing;

Agile
Doesn't have a ton of strength
Has decent recovery and projectiles
Has good moves in every area(spacing, that kind of stuff.)

So who best suits this most?

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I don't care. I'm not a competitive player. Although I do prefer tiers B-E, because they have some decent characters. But I don't care about tiers nevertheless.

Also, I don't care about which one, as long as it has at least 2 attributes that I said.

Sharpman767

Smash Rookie
Just one attribute?
I'd say that the only characters that don't have 1 of those attributes are Bowser, Ness, Kirby, and maybe Ice climbers and Mr. Game and watch

That said, I'd say your best bet would be Fox, Sheik, Pika, or Luigi

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Honestly you'll probably have to wait until you actually play before you can judge for yourself which character you like the feel of, but Sheik would be a good start. A lot of her moves are incredibly intuitive and lead very well into one another, and she's not frustrating to pick up in the same way that, say, Fox might be. I'd say it's easier to pick up Sheik and get results at a low-mid level than many other characters.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Sounds like Sheik. Not a bad character to pick up, either. You can pick her up as a newbie without much difficulty, and she keeps being a strong character for advanced players.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I was gonna say Falco
then i saw "not a lot of strength"
then i saw "agile"
then i saw "has decent recovery"
but hey, he has the best projectile in the game, and he does have good moves in every area

And he's a f**king beast

and he has Dair, so .... enough said.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Sounds like you want to be a Sheik player. She's pretty agile, she has pretty good recovery options (better than Falcon) and can stall at the ledge, she's got needles that you can use to tack on damage, mess with your opponents timing or guarantee a kill. Overall she's a really fun character to play.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Young Link : his recovery is amazing but not the greatest.His projectiles are great and quick,he has a fast running speed and a somewhat high jump.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You did pretty much describe Young Link. I can't even think of another character in this game who happens to have ALL those traits (Sheik aside, though you mentioned you preferred B-E tier).

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Young Link is probably the greatest.Sheik is for competitive play honestly.I find Young Link fun especially with his speed and aerial speed.

Top Bottom