• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is 'spam'?

Veng

Smash Ace
I played so much brawl today and got quite a few replays since I have the replay hack now ( thanks bio! ) and I decided to go watch a few.... I had a CPU team partner most of the time vs 2 snakes, we did some other stuff but in the friendlies that was the teams for the most part.

I noticed when my noob cpu partner died all 3 stocks, I would do okay, but at times 3-4 T jolts before using another attack, also noticed just when approaching sometimes I use 2 T jolts.

I think i have improved, i have a good video I want uploaded, got the bin file if anyones interested, hopefully i can get that up and get some comments...

im just hoping im not spammy, i know how ridiculously annoying it is to play spammy dumb pikachus..

K 2

Smash Lord
uhh..Are you asking a question? If so, post here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208871

If not, there's nothing wrong with being spammy, as long as you can avoid getting punished for it. If you can tjolt/QAC/Thunder your opponent 50 times in a row without getting hit, do it. It works, and you will win =) However, beware against better opponents that spamming typically doesn't work. If your playing pros, you should watch out and not spam to much, because it makes you predictable and easy to punish.

gallax

Smash Hero
the thing with spamming tjolts against snakes is that they can and most likely will be canceled if they are any good.

K 2

Smash Lord
Yea, projectile spam is easily powershielded. I can consistantly powershield every projectile except fox/falco's lasers. Plus, most characters can just jump over tjolt -.-

gallax

Smash Hero
thats the kool thing with pikachu though...we do not need to powershield the lylat projectiles(except for wolf). we can crawl below them.

i will also say this though...pika users who constantly tjolt are very annoying to play. it seems as if they rely on mostly that to get damage. my advice is to stop using tjolt and learn how to play without it. thn once you feel you are good without the tjolt, start using it again and you will find that you are able to so much more with pika. i tried it and it helped me out considerably.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
There is nothing, let me repeat, NOTHING wrong with spamming in brawl. If you ever have a friend complain that you're "cheap" because you're "spamming", it's simply because they are just not skilled enough to deal with it. Don't feel bad because you're a better player than them! Just use it to win!

However,

[snip]
my advice is to stop using tjolt and learn how to play without it. thn once you feel you are good without the tjolt, start using it again and you will find that you are able to so much more with pika. i tried it and it helped me out considerably.
What galax said is made of gold. While you're still learning Pikachu, if you force yourself to not rely on TJolt spamming, you will improve greatly and learn how to use Pikachu's many more important moves (such as Quick Attack). There's nothing wrong with spamming - just make sure you CAN do other things if you're facing a stronger opponent!

Myeow

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
If you want to train with people who you can beat easily, I think it's actually advisable to sort of go along with them and limit your "spamming", because you can probably beat them anyways and therefore should use those opportunities to just practice and get rid of habits that won't work on the stronger people. If you actually need/want to win for sure, then go ahead and spam, there's nothing wrong with that as long as it's working. Spamming too often, though, can get you in the habit of doing it again..

Liex Link

Smash Apprentice
I played so much brawl today and got quite a few replays since I have the replay hack now ( thanks bio! ) and I decided to go watch a few.... I had a CPU team partner most of the time vs 2 snakes, we did some other stuff but in the friendlies that was the teams for the most part.

I noticed when my noob cpu partner died all 3 stocks, I would do okay, but at times 3-4 T jolts before using another attack, also noticed just when approaching sometimes I use 2 T jolts.

I think i have improved, i have a good video I want uploaded, got the bin file if anyones interested, hopefully i can get that up and get some comments...

im just hoping im not spammy, i know how ridiculously annoying it is to play spammy dumb pikachus..
I always Lol at your sig dude.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Upload em... Being spammy is just ****** your opponent hard enough to where they cry like a little *****... There fault for not finding a way to avoid the attack.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Spamming is when you're just deciding to be a douche with your moves. IMO, it's like spitting in the face of an opponent-you'd rather use the same thing over and over again than impress them with combos.

Veng

Smash Ace
I would upload but I have the bin file, just cant find some one who can record.

anyone up for recording a single match?

V1RU5

Smash Rookie
i'm just hoping im not spammy, i know how ridiculously annoying it is to play spammy dumb pikachus..
And how much easier is it to play against an annoyed opponent? A LOT!

Spam, spam, spam, and spam some more. Even semi spam d-smash for mind games for all I care(credit to Kitamerby).

The more annoying and disruptive to your oppenents playing style you are the higher the percentage you have of winning imo.

Top Bottom