• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Sheik's weakness?

manilamerc

Smash Cadet
I was in a few tournaments and I keep losing to the same 2 guys who so happen to keep placing 1st and 2nd. They use Shieks.
What is Shiek's weakness???

I use Mario and Shiek. I never train against hard good Sheiks so I always have trouble beating them.

MooMoo_Cowfreak

Smash Rookie
Try edge guarding her up b after she has completed the animation, not while she's jumping. She has many invinciblity frames during her up b and it can difficult to hit her offstage. Waiting until she's in helpless fall or landed on the stage allows for an easy punish. You can force her into a bad situation by ledgeguarding, thus removing her option to sweetspot and avoid a hit, and then ledgehopping to chase her down for a hit or grab.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Fox is not Sheik's worst MU. Many people would agree that it is in fact Puff. But, it is safe to say that
using a counterpick is not the answer. Reading up on weaknesses and exploiting that is not the answer either.

Last edited:

manilamerc

Smash Cadet
Fox is not Sheik's worst MU. Many people would agree that it is in fact Puff. But, it is safe to say that
using a counterpick is not the answer. Reading up on weaknesses and exploiting that is not the answer either.
alright... so what is the answer???

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Sheik's weakness is somewhat irrelevant. Player experience, reading comprehension, technical skill level and ability to stay clear minded/unaffected is what matters.

If you really want to know some fundamental weaknesses, here are a few I can think of:
Sheik's grab game is ridiculous therefor she will go for alot of grab attempts. A missed grab has alot of lag. If you can dodge grab attempts then you shold have a good punish opportunity. Good Sheiks knows when to grab, which is often off of a tech chase or a punish in which case you can't dodge the grab.
Sheik wants you to mess up so she can punish you. If your spacing is on point, she will have a hard time getting much started.
Try and keep calm and be patient. Don't try and do new technical stuff with the risk of messing up as you will get punished.

This is starting to derail. sorry for that.
I think your best bet is to look for your opponents weaknesses and exploit them because let's face it, Sheik is a beast, top tier character.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Seriously tho her approach game sucks and her movement isn't as good as fox so if you want you can play super lame and camp her out with movement and lasers and just punish whenever she tries to do a risky approach lol

Just don't corner yourself

BO/\K

Smash Apprentice
ICs are probably worse than puff tbh.

Or maybe I'm just relatively good at the puff MU or ****ty at the ICs MU or both.

Last edited:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
- Being above people
- Being forced to recover onstage with up-B
- Her attacks are kind of weak & easy to crouch cancel into high percents
- Her attacks that aren't SH fair / low nair / spaced bair are kind of meh vs shield

Last edited:

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
TAS Fox, that is Sheiks weakness. If you can play a frame perfect Fox with 20xx optimization you will beat Sheik 100% of the time. Outside of that you could try not existing because Sheik can punish you for that too.

Top Bottom