• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Bowser's best throw?

Best Throw?

• F-throw

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • B-throw

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • D-throw

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • U-throw

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
Looking to get really serious with Bowser, so I wanted to know what everyone thought his best throw option is. Right now I'm going with upthrow most of the time, because of the positioning advantage it gives me and the early percent fair/uair folllowups I can sometimes land, but does anyone else have a different opinion/know something I don't?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
At high damages and near the ledge, forward and back throws are good kill throws.

At low damages and with good timing, you can follow up an up throw with a neutral, forward or up aerial.

All of these throws are good, albeit situational.

Down throw, however, is useless compared to the other three and should only be used for mixups or confuse the opponent, as the forward and back throws have more knockback and deal the same amount of damage than down throw does.

In other words, depends on the situation...

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Back and Forward Throws are identical in knockback statistics and angle. Bthrow has just a few less frames of endlag, so you could chain a Dash attack after it on light, fast falling targets like Fow and Sheik at low percents. Not true combos but they do have to burn double jump to avoid it.

Dthrow indeed has no conventional use. It deals its 13% damage unstaled, and Bowser lands grabs often with that pivot grab of his. So occasional Dthrows just for damage are not a bad idea if you want to keep F and B throws unstaled for when Bowser has more rage to kill with them.

I'm personally not a fan of Uthrow. Combo potential is so slight and often depends on them being asleep at the wheel. But it does damage a nearby luma, allowing you to instantly separate it from Rosalina. Dthrow might also have this ability, haven't tried it.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Uthrow is fairly useless if the opponent is higher than 0% and you're on 0-40%.

Dthrow is better than people give credit for, primarily because it either keeps f and b throw unstaled and because it does 12%.

F and Bthrow are exactly the same aside from a noticeable startup/endlag difference. Fthrow can also alter hurtboxes of thrown targets in doubles but that's very situational.

I vote Bthrow tbh

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
Yeah, uthrow p much takes the cake now. case dismissed.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
they're all bad, stop trying to name it and keep on topic.

Edit: Not that it matters, uthrow is literally no contest our best throw now.

Last edited:

metroidfan987

Smash Cadet
D-throw can be used for racking up damage and unstaling your superior moves. D-throw has so little knockback growth, even with max rage, it can only kill at 400% (at the ledge).

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
This is why It would be amazing if Down Throw had a bit more Knockback, just for getting the opponent in a bad position as well as keeping our Back and Forward throws fresh.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Dthrow should be faster and let us act faster then the opponent and it should also bury. Let us build further on the notion of don't get grabbed or you're gonna eat a Fsmash, Bowser Bomb, or Uair to doom.

Won't happen but would be nice as the "heaviest" character in the game.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Dthrow should be faster and let us act faster then the opponent and it should also bury. Let us build further on the notion of don't get grabbed or you're gonna eat a Fsmash, Bowser Bomb, or Uair to doom.

Won't happen but would be nice as the "heaviest" character in the game.
Not to mention, Bowser is the "strongest" character in the game (only in that he can carry around boxes etc the easiest of the whole cast). If they were going to go with the "strong" theme then he should have strong throws.

pitfall356

Smash Apprentice
I think his uthrow buff is enough, and fthrow + bthrow kill at ledge at a reasonable %, though by that point you passed both the kill % for uthrow uair and klaw.

Top Bottom