• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Is/Are Your Favorite NES Game(s)?

rccars

Smash Apprentice
That might be all you can remember but those games were for SNES that you listed, oh well.

Matthew "Demo" Rak

Bad at Smash
Slippi.gg
Demo#0
Adventure Island 1&2 were awesome!

Anyway I liked:

Bubble Bobble (Gotta love this game, download the techno remix of the theme! :rolleyes: )
Adventures of Dino-Riki ( hard! )
The Adventures of Lolo ( 1, 2, and 3!)
The Legend of Zelda( 1 and 2)

I'll probably post more later...
:******:

krillin1986

Smash Champion
Man... There are too many to list.. so'll I'll just list the ones not listed, and the ones i really really enjoy...

My fav. NES game of all is Zelda 2: Adventures of Link (this is the game that got me into Zelda)
Yo-Noid... It's cheap and cheezy now, but it was really sweet back then...
Spy Vs. Spy

I would try to list more, but I gotta go right now...

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Barf. Gotta love these "favorite game topics." Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you actually EXPLAINED why they're your favs.

Zelda 1: First Zelda game for me. Picked it up in a yardsale in 1st grade and never made it past the 3rd dungeon until two months ago. I liked the instuction manual though...

Kid Icarus: Great game by Gunpei Yokoi. I liked it because of the awesome powerups Pit gets, plus the whole "angel earning his wings" storyline is wicked cool.

Mario 1, 2, 3: So much fun!

Metroid: Hard game, but extrememly satisfying when you beat a boss and get that powerup.

Adventure Island: Can't get enough of an ax/hammer throwing caveman!!!

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's been years since I have owned an NES, but I remember a few of my favorites.

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt - This game was awesome. Back in my early days, I was addicted. Didn't exactly have any sort of intriuging storyline, but who cares? It was fun! And who could forget Dunk Hunt? Quite entertaining.

Super Mario Bros. 2 - Not as good as the first, but still pretty fun. I remember that it was insanely difficult, especially in levels where you had to dig down all the way through, and in the frieking ice world!

Super Mario Bros. 3 - My favorite NES game and my all-time favorite mario game. Simply spectacular. Everything the first game had to offer - music, graphics, gameplay, length - was expanded upon. Unfortunately, like the other NES mario games, it didn't have a save feature.

??? ((forget the title)- this was a racing game, but not with cars - insted with people, like track and field. But with a twist. It came with a pad in which you stood and - I'm not kidding -ran in place in your living room, which corresponded to your character running in the game against computer controlled opponents! It was awesome.

There were a lot of other sweet games out there - like a baseball game in which players had power ups like fire ball and ice bat, and a racing game in which your car slowly sped to a halt if time ran out before reaching a check point.

Blue_Kirbinator

Smash Apprentice
Giygas, the racing game that you slow to a stop before a checkpoint when time ran out is called Rad Racer. :)

My favorite games:

Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3
Rad Racer
The Legend of Zelda
Contra
Life Force
Battle Toads
Tetris

There's more, but I can't remember...

NukeA6

Smash Master
1. Super Mario Bros 3-This game brings back so many memories. It's got great levels with a good challenge and themes to go with it. IMO, it's the best Mario game made (it would be a tie with Super Mario World but it got Battle Mode) and gots the best Mario tunes. I play this game every year to relieve my nostalgia.

2. The Legend of Zelda-I barely even remember this game but I know I enjoyed this game so much. I never beaten it though (I was so young back then). I also got to note that it's got the best box art of all video games.

3. Zelda 2: Adventures of Link-There's people that don't like this game since it's not like the first one. I think it's still a great game even if it's freakin hard. I never beaten the game though since I was like 3 or 4 back then.

4. Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt-2 games in one. Super Mario Bros is just memorable and Duck Hunt was plain fun and is the only game (that required a gun controller) I've played.

5. Super Mario Bros 2

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bubble & Bobble:This is my very first game i ever played, THIS GAME TOOK ME INTO THE VIDEO GAMES WORLD!Or so i think.;)This was a -very- fun game and especially the last 10 levels were frikkin hard and annoying!I also loved the end boss of this game, i forgot how he looks like though, he was very big.

Megaman:My second game i ever played.How simple this game still is, it will never bore because it is Megaman, a classic.I got pretty hooked by this game and gave me the feeling of "Wow!".I just loved any boss in this game(and also in the other Megamans)!

Low G Man:Not very popular, but it's a great game with cool weapons and bosses in it.It was also very hard to beat!Mix Metroid with Megaman and you will get Low G Man.Definately one of the top games out there!

Builder Dash:A very funny game that played sort of like Supaplex and Pac Man, but then underground actually, and you would have to collect every diamond and defeat every enemy before you could reach the exit(And believe me defeating these enemies is hard!).

Bionic Commando:This game was fun, with the grappling hookshot and killing all those soldiers.I didn't get far with it, but it was pretty good!

Super Mario Bros 3:Still my favorite Mario game of all of them.A very big adventure is on this cartridge, and it's certainly not a walk in the park in the last 3 worlds!You gotta have played this game.I think i never beated this game...

Megaman 3:My favorite Megaman game, it still is the biggest Megaman game outta there, what did you expect, beat up 16 Robot Masters and like 8 Fortress Bosses!Wow!Oh and this game also had very nice features like Rush and Megaman's sliding.The appearance of Protoman in this game was pretty good as well.

Other Favorite NES games:

Megaman 2
Megaman 4
Megaman 5
Megaman 6
The Legend of Zelda
Double Dragon
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros 2

Cerebrate

Smash Lord
Kirby's Adventure was one of the best of all time. Few games I've played can compete with its greatness. I loved this game so much mainly because of all the power-ups and the sheer levels of fun that it offered. If I could find a ROM of it somewhere, I swear I'd play it to death...

Soccer-Fan

Smash Journeyman
1. Balloon Fight- Cool Music. Addictive. Easy to learn.
2. Donkey Kong- Very easy to learn and fun to play.

JoeyOnly

Smash Apprentice
my favorite NES games in no particular order are:

double dribble: still better than most basketball games that have came out since.
contra: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select(always best with a friend), start
Tetris: c'mon this is a given
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: i was raised on TMNT and this was an awesome port of the arcade game.
Dragon Power: had some weird crazy looking monkey guy and lots of kung fu, how can you go wrong?

Sauron

Smash Ace
My favorit NES game would be the Legend of Zelda, with Super Mario Bros. 3 coming in at a close second.

G

GreatSaiyaKirby

Mario!

Definately Super Mario Bros. 3, I used to spend hours playing that game. Very addictive in it's time, and way more fun that the previous two.

BlueObsidian

Smash Journeyman
I have to say the original Legend of Zelda. During its time that was one incredible game, with the number of dungeons, items, and the layout of the game.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
In no order.

Balloon Fight - Such an entertaining game. It was very fun to play 2 player with your brother. Simple but very funny.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Man this game is the best Mario title ever! A huge adventure considered that it was a NES game. It took me like 5 years to beat it.

Megaman 3 - The cool blue. A very hard game, but **** cool. Best action game on the NES.

Ice Hockey - Much like Balloon Fight this game was very funny to play as well. I really liked how you could choose wether you wanted a fat team, skinny team or just mix it.

TMNT - The soundtrack is soo cool in this game. Though the game was incredible hard as well. me and my brother couldn't get very far.

Atmablitz

Smash Apprentice
Favourite NES games. Oh, I've played too many of these, but yes, some really stood out from the others!

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt: First game I ever played. Ever. This was the beginning of my love for video games, and I thank it much. It's so addiditive, and great for anyone to play! What an awesome game. And Duck Hunt...just fun to play when your bored. I loved it so much.

Super Mario Bros 3: I would spend hours on this game. Oh, I never really did play the second until later in my life :/
One of my favourite Mario games!

Dragon Warrior: First RPG I played, and this game is why I play RPG's today, such as any of the FFs, etc.

Any TMNT game: These were so fun to play, and quite long. Well, at least for me.

I'm getting lazy, and don't want to post much more on this.

;)

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
Super Mario bros 3- probably one of the best mario games made. it had all these cool suits too like the hammer suit.

bubble bobble- i dunno, i just liked this game a lot, although those skeleton fish dude that came if you didnt finish a stage in time creeped me out when i was a kid.

Game & Watch

Smash Lord
Yoshi - kinda like tetris, it was fun at the time
Bolderdash - oh man, I can't get enough of these types of games :)
Yoshi's Cookie - Again, fun at the time
Super Mario 3 - :D
Whomp em' - Adverture game, fun fun fun.
Klax - ....more fun fun fun :)

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
More nostalgia then what was originally perscribed by doctors!

Hoo boy, I haven't played much NES in... YEARS! Anywho, I remember these ones like a bell

Balloon fight: I have it on AC, but it's fun as heck to play, alone, or with a friend.

Donkey Kong: Not as good as the arcade version, but still just as good on the NES

Legend of Zelda: Haven't fully played it, but it's avalible on AC

Super Mario Bros: Classic gameplay, and one of the greatest and most influential games of all time!

Super Mario Bros3: I loved the first time I used a Tanooki suit, and the hammer bros suit. This game was one to remember, and it'll be out for GBA soon!

Excitabike: It was a fun racer to play, plus it had a track editor!

Ice Hockey: Not as realistic as most titles today, but stood solid because of the fun and simple gameplay!

Tetris: ... what you want me to say something?! This is Tetris for crying out loud! I don't need an explenation for this game!

Dr. Mario: As addictive as Tetris, and just as fun!

Ah, memories... if only I still had an NES, then I could play most of these original games... but luckly I've got AC and a GBA, so all is not lost! :shyguy: :beezo:

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Never owned NES. Won't stop me from putting best games though!

BUBBLE BOBBLE!!!!

Super Mario Bros.
Spider-Man
Excitebike
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Climber
Balloon Fight

Classic games.

Must. Go. Buy. NES.

JohnDoe

Smash Journeyman
Duck Hunt was addictive with the gun addon.

The Super Mario Bros. series was also a load of fun. :cool:

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL!!

Matsutsu, Krillin, Nuke... Because TSA isn't here, I take it upon myself to issue you all an official...

Consider yourselves all Gannon-Banned!! It's "The Adventure of Link" not "Adventures"!

Now, on to more pleasant matters. Because it's just about the ONLY NES game I own (and it's an odd way that I own it, too), I have to say that the Legend of Zelda is my favorite NES game.

What I said there about the oddness of how I own it... Unlike most of you, I don't own the NES version. And unlike the rest of you, I don't posses an emulated copy. No, my game is official and I bought it from Nintendo themselves, but the thing is, so many people actually own this game in the same fashion that I do, and don't even know it. Some of you right now know exactly what I'm talking about. I have the version Nintendo hid away inside Animal Crossing. That's right folks, the original Legend of Zelda is in Animal Crossing. I started playing it the other day. It's SO hard compared to any others I've played. And I've found something really funny in it. I saw a fairy for the first time... Man, you guys are going to laugh. I made this little animated gif to show you all what I mean. The fairies look exactly like...

That's right! Conan O'Brien!! The fairies are actually miniature Conans... Freaky, huh? :crazy:

Quirky_hamster1

Smash Journeyman
Ace ace ace

Wow, I have Zelda in Animal Crossing too. I still dont get the whole shooting swords thing. And there is no story to be found in the NES version whatsoever :/.

I never owned a NES when I was younger but I now have my cousins cos he thinks it is lame and too old :).

I have lots of favs though I dont reall own all of these (Animal Crossing helps a lot though ^_^):

Super Mario Bros: This is such an ace game. I used to play it all the time with my cousin and I never got bored of it. I now have it on AC though its not the same without being able to take turns with my cousin.

Ice Climber: Another ace game, which is nice to have on AC. Its a lot harder than i remember it, but great nonetheless.

Balloon Fight: Wow this game is also ace. I guess it gets a bit boring as there only a few limited levels that get repeated and Nintendo could have made it much more challengin if they wanted to. Bonus rounds always end up as deathmatches with my sister to get all the balloons which isnt so great either...

Duck Hunt: Ace game too. One day that dog will pay.

Volleyball (forgot the name): This game was great. I have never played any other volleyball games and its lost but it had a nice two player game.

Football (soccer to all you americans :p): Not sure of the real name of this one but my friend has this and its hilarious. You can shoot the ball extra hard and it knocks out the opponents. You can even knock out the goalie which is funny (unless its your goalie as youre screwed from that point on).

Wow, so many ace games....

Algasir

Smash Lord
Wow... a couple of my faves I have I didn't play until later in their series, or it's remade version.

LoZ: I never played Zelda until LttP, or was it Link's Awakening? Oh well, I didn't get this game until maybe a couple of years ago, but I loved it! I love the theme at the beginning, that's awesome!

Dragon Warrior: I actually started this with the remade version on the GBC, and it was easy. I played the NES version, and whoa! Buying just a simple healing herb is expensive. Anyway, I like the overworld theme in this game, it's frikkin' addicting! Slimes rule!

Final Fantasy: I don't own the original for the NES, only an emulated version, and the PS1 remake. But I love this game! The only problem is that it takes forever to cast a spell that hits everyone.

Bubble Bobble: I love listining to the theme of this game! Who doesn't like to play with bubbles?

Ninja Gaiden: Really cool, I heard that there is a 3-D version out. Can anyone confirm this to me? Via PM maybe?

Mario (all of 'em at once): Old school Mario games rule! For some reason I can't get as much into the new ones, mainly Sunshine. Oh well, I should just play these games again for old times sake. I never could beat SMB, it was always the last level...

Kirby's Adventure: I beat this game to 100% over, and over, and over again. I really should get Nightmare in Dreamland...

Kung-Fu Heros: Not very popular, but it's awesome! Gotta love the 8-Bit Kung-Fu music!

That's about it. I love my NES!

Roy1013

Smash Cadet
There are so many games that I like it is hard to list them all....and if I explained them all we'd be here forever....so...here is my list:

Kirby's Adventure- Got this for Christmas one year...woke up at 2AM and started playing it...had it beat by 10AM(though not 100%) Really fun game. (Just thought I'd point out, Nightmare in Dreamland for GBA is exactly the same with a small number of added secret areas, not to mention different graphics.)

SMB3-Until recently, I hadn't beaten this game (did put enough effort into it) My friend came over and we beat it.

CastleQuest- Not necessarily one of my favs but a pain in the arse to beat....no saving and it's a maze of endless puzzles....also..if you follow the map that comes with it, going through all the correct doors, getting every key you can....you come up 1(i think green or dark blue) key short.

Rampage-Who doesn't love controlling a classic character and causing mass destruction?

FF1-I managed to get all the way to the final temple(where you have to face every boss to complete) then it got erased from my computer. Now I have FF origins, so I can have all the fun again :)

All the TMNT games were fun.
BattleToads
Battle Chess(chess pieces beating the crap outta each other....gotta love it)
Of Course The Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link
BaseWars
And many more.....

If you wanna see a list of games I've actually beaten click here

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm...

The very first video game I ever played was Megaman 3, I think. 'S been YEARS since I've ever SEEN that game, but it rocked when I first played it.

But my favs?

Super Mario Bros. 3 really was an awesome game. The best in the series, I think. Granted, the original was very nice and all, but its like comparing Super Smash Bros. to its sequel. There's nothing wrong with the first, it's sweet. The next one just was improved upon.

SMB3 was the first video game I really got hooked on. If it weren't for that game, I might not have ever started liking Mario...My GAWD...ECK! I should neever think those things...

Baloon Fight was another fo my favs...Good game. Glad to see its theme song make it in Melee.

Top Bottom