• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What information does a pro player have to memorize?

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to sit down an hour or few a day to memorize combos, setups, frame data, things you have to do by muscle memory, range, weight etc

I'm going to mainly be cloud. I just want to be able to style on people with characters that top player plays like mario

DabsInSpace

Smash Rookie
I'm willing to sit down an hour or few a day to memorize combos, setups, frame data, things you have to do by muscle memory, range, weight etc
Not to be brash, but it seems you've answered your own question.

Remember it takes about a year on average, of practicing everyday, for most people to enter the competitive scene. You could memorize every single bit of frame data, but if you don't put in the time playing the game, there will be nothing to apply it to.

Last edited:

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
I personally think playing the game is the best experience you can get at the end of the day. You can study frame data, combos, and watch youtube videos to increase your knowledge of the game but the best way to improve is to play.

Top Bottom