• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Ike does to King Dedede?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbers

check me out
to timbers, a ike cant Usmash his upB to save his life, its just too slow
*RAGE*

It takes like DDD 4 **** years to start a descent on his SDJ. Unless the Ike player (or anyone with a disjointed uair/usmash/utilt) is moving as slow as fricken molasses, he'll have plenty of time to do whatever he wants. Uair, eruption, utilt, and usmash are all plausable options. Obviously I'll pick usmash over all of those as it covers a huge amount of range and leaves a good amount of room for error on Ike's part. Any Ike will know the timing on his moves. Saying he can't hit a giant slow moving tank of a character is an insult to his character and the person that plays him.

Go play some Ikes. SDJ on top of them, see what happens.

Seriously you guys are like, trying to make RoK look like a competent smasher.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
*RAGE*

It takes like DDD 4 **** years to start a descent on his SDJ. Unless the Ike player (or anyone with a disjointed uair/usmash/utilt) is moving as slow as fricken molasses, he'll have plenty of time to do whatever he wants. Uair, eruption, utilt, and usmash are all plausable options. Obviously I'll pick usmash over all of those as it covers a huge amount of range and leaves a good amount of room for error on Ike's part. Any Ike will know the timing on his moves. Saying he can't hit a giant slow moving tank of a character is an insult to his character and the person that plays him.

Go play some Ikes. SDJ on top of them, see what happens.

Seriously you guys are like, trying to make RoK look like a competent smasher.
QFT!!!

10char

brg

Smash Ace
So what if his recovery is punishable, ike's one is even more so.

Ike is not VERY good anyways and Dedede is close to being 3rd best char in the game so....yeah

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
first of all.. let's fix that grammar:

now that THAT's fixed, let's deal with the problem of content. The probelm is... it's untrue. DDD is on acompletely set course with his UpB. if he has to use it, Ike can sit there and wait, charging a Usmash, a Fsamsh or, if he's ambitious, a neutral B while he wait's for DDD to land right into it.
Firstly, UpB can be cancelled and you can easily DI away from a slow *** charging smash. Secondly, the D3 player himself DECIDES what set course his UpB shall go by initially directing it.

I **** Ikes, especially ones who think they can read my UpB.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Firstly, UpB can be cancelled and you can easily DI away from a slow *** charging smash. Secondly, the D3 player himself DECIDES what set course his UpB shall go by initially directing it.

I **** Ikes, especially ones who think they can read my UpB.
-it CAN be cancelled... but DDDisn't the most manueverable of chaarcters and when he goesinto freefall,he's even MORE helpless

- yeah... you set the course, but any idiot can read it after the first few frames of movement and the DDD can't change it at that point.

-uh huh.... you can **** ikes that try to read your up+B if they have the reflexes of a retarted moose.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
DDD ****s ike with his chaingrab, and one aerial off the stage by DDD and ike is done due to his poor recovery

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How did this reach 4 pages??? Ike is good but D3 can CG him till his testicles explode.
He should have said this epic statement before it even got to 4 pages...

That's like having this kind of scenario happen; one person has a revolver and one person has a knife and Knife Man is laughing cause the gun has 5 bullets, not 6. The gun is gonna **** him anyways, who cares if it isn't perfect?

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
He should have said this epic statement before it even got to 4 pages...

That's like having this kind of scenario happen; one person has a revolver and one person has a knife and Knife Man is laughing cause the gun has 5 bullets, not 6. The gun is gonna **** him anyways, who cares if it isn't perfect?
Haven't you seen the Devil's Rejects? The ***** had a gun and she still got killed by the psycho hoe with the knife. I can see this easily becoming a debate of Ninjas vs. Pirates.

Timbers

check me out
So what if his recovery is punishable, ike's one is even more so.

Ike is not VERY good anyways and Dedede is close to being 3rd best char in the game so....yeah
We've been talking about if DDD tries landing on stage with an uncancelled/cancelled SDJ. Please read the topic before commenting.
Haven't you seen the Devil's Rejects? The ***** had a gun and she still got killed by the psycho hoe with the knife. I can see this easily becoming a debate of Ninjas vs. Pirates.
Pirates.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
rolflcopter
lolerskates

And honestly, woop de **** if DeDeDe's up is easy to intercept, he ***** Ike anyways. I dont even know how Ike would get him such a position in the first place.

Also, I missed whatever image he posted (apparently deleted or I'm blind). What was in it, lol.

Timbers

check me out
And honestly, woop de **** if DeDeDe's up is easy to intercept, he ***** Ike anyways. I dont even know how Ike would get him such a position in the first place.
I think everyone's already said this, but the people that thought DDD's SDJ had superarmor frames all the way until he lands his fat *** on the ground is what sparked the 4 pages of fail.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
I think you guys are missing the point. Ninjas are warriors of the night. Pirates don't have the combat skills to defeat a ninja.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Clearly misinformed!

Pirates have guns and stuff.

And booze.

How can you seriously beat that ****.
Heard of "Butt pirates"? Yeah... There aren't terms like that for Ninjas cause they are too epic to be plagued by your ignorance of their abilities.

Ninjas >>>>>>>>> Rok. Rok < Pirates... Therefore Ninjas >>>>>>>> Pirates.

Dedede >>>> Pirate Ike. Obviously Dedede is a Ninja then. :psycho:

Timbers

check me out
Heard of "Butt pirates"? Yeah... There aren't terms like that for Ninjas cause they are too epic to be plagued by your ignorance of their abilities.

Ninjas >>>>>>>>> Rok. Rok < Pirates... Therefore Ninjas >>>>>>>> Pirates.

Dedede >>>> Pirate Ike. Obviously Dedede is a Ninja then. :psycho:
Ninjas dress up in black nylon skintight onesies. If that doesn't scream gay THEN IM NOT QUITE SURE WHAT DOES.

Guns>people. Pirates own guns. Therefore Pirates>you. :dizzy:

Dedede is clearly a pirate. That pimpsuit can't be sported by anyone other than a pirate.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ninjas dress up in black nylon skintight onesies. If that doesn't scream gay THEN IM NOT QUITE SURE WHAT DOES.

Guns>people. Pirates own guns. Therefore Pirates>you. :dizzy:

Dedede is clearly a pirate. That pimpsuit can't be sported by anyone other than a pirate.
Hey, they do it for stealth, not as a fashion statement like those pirates.

How can you shoot what you cannot see/hit? Besides, your beloved pirates would be too drunk to aim accurately anyways. That Dizzy E-motion is a good visual of how the pirates would be feeling.

Only a Ninja could hide Waddle Dee's the way Dedede hides him...

The new title/subject of this thread is whether or not Rok is a pirate or a Ninja...

Discuss

Timbers

check me out
Pirates are just so gloriously rich that they can flaunt their money wherever they please, whether it be fine clothing or what have you. I mean take a look at that penguin. Check out that dope getup he's workin'. You think a ninja can seriously pull **** off like that? I don't think so. The waddles are merely his pirates, and he is their captain. He can be drunk as hell and be completely off aim, and those waddles will still do **** for him. Much like a bullet.

RoK is a ninja. I mean seriously. Who plays Ike unless they're a giant ninja weeaboo?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Dude dude..... I think we're missing the entire point of the thread...... ninja's would win.

But, the real question

Zombie pirates with flamethrowers or Vampire ninjas with laserbeams.

Buuman

Smash Ace
If the original poster knew **** he would know dedede has a huge advantage,
ike is the easiest to gimp, easiest to smash, easiest to sit on, easiest matchup next to dk and link.
Ive made alot of ikes cry, "plz king let me back 2 teh stage plz".
i see that the original post was made out of a pissy fit after losing.
^_^

troll: DDDs upB is impossible to punish if you do it right.
No one listen to whut says, he is mentally ********, and talks highly of himself. Up B is the most punishable move DDD has, almost as punishable as a missed forward smash. But yeah anyway, my point is, Whut hasn't played anyone near decent, to give out information like this. When playing someone that has half a brain...you need to really get you're recovery game down tight, this includes throwing waddles, performing airials and the like to intimidate the edgeguarder, and mix up your UP B by cutting it short, landing it, DIing in weird ways, and sometimes going way over the stage..it's a very punishable move..make it difficult for the punisher to punish

Buuman

Smash Ace
If the original poster knew **** he would know dedede has a huge advantage,
ike is the easiest to gimp, easiest to smash, easiest to sit on, easiest matchup next to dk and link.
Ive made alot of ikes cry, "plz king let me back 2 teh stage plz".
i see that the original post was made out of a pissy fit after losing.
^_^

troll: DDDs upB is impossible to punish if you do it right.
No one listen to whut says, he is mentally ********, and talks highly of himself. Up B is the most punishable move DDD has, almost as punishable as a missed forward smash. But yeah anyway, my point is, Whut hasn't played anyone near decent, to give out information like this. When playing someone that has half a brain...you need to really get you're recovery game down tight, this includes throwing waddles, performing airials and the like to intimidate the edgeguarder, and mix up your UP B by cutting it short, landing it, DIing in weird ways, and sometimes going way over the stage..it's a very punishable move..make it difficult for the punisher to punish

whut?

Smash Journeyman
5 pages?

Congrats on saying what i have been saying?
Maybe nobody should listen to you, seeing how youre biased against my/any opinion,
which i dont present disrespectfully, im not an Ahole...like some people. >_<
Did your condescending reply really need two posts? Why did i piss you off so much?
So you could try 'calling' me out, maybe to boost your ego or appeal?
First, if im mentally ********, then the part of my brain that plays smash must work, while everything else doesnt.
I havent played decent smashers? sure, if you think hylian is bad, or melee1, or a handful of unknown competitive smashers.
I have in no way spoken 'highly' of myself, i hate cocky smashers, theres alot of ego in this thread so i lost interest after 2 or 3 pages.
I still love you all though, dont forget that. I havent referred to myself at all, in my reply about upB.

Yeah upB is extremely punishable when you let it be, but my point was how it is not as punishable as people try to make it. "impossible" is an exaggeration, you dont HAVE to land on the stage with it..I was not the one who said that. If you know how it works, you can perfect it as a recovery, obviously its his most punishable move next to jethammer, due to the huge lag time and predictable path. I never said it wasnt, i just said its hard to punish when you dont go leaving yourself vulnerable with it. If you know what angle to come in and cancel at, you can direct it perfectly to the ledge, as opposed to...landing with it, or accepting the full arc of the move. Of course you can do "airials", and use waddles insync with your jumps, ive added to discussion on these things in the past, its a staple to recovering, Waddles especially, ive written long *** replys in previous threads about this, im not completely braindead....

"mix up your UP B by cutting it short, landing it, DIing in weird ways, and sometimes going way over the stage"

This is exactly what i said before...did you not see my previous reply, or choose to ignore it?

you can get hit by disjointed attacks, but thats why you use....
VARIATIONS, on how you recover with upB.
cancel it immediately, pause before you cancel, land without canceling, these variations can save you.
ddds upB is just not as vulnerable as people think, you can vary when you cancel it-
to throw any good player off. Given there ARE situiations when youre doomed recovering with it, its not an easy move to punish.
[quickedit: i was not the one implying that upB is unpunishable landing on the stage.
upB is highly unpunishable when used properly to sweet spot the edge.
Its not really wise to land anywhere but the edge, in most situiations.
A worthy opponent wont stand still and charge a smash,
they will usually go after you with aerials.

Before you lash out against someone, you have to make sure what you say is true about the person.
If this is a misunderstanding on your part then i still love you,
If youre really just looking for a lame internet fight then i dont think i can contribute.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
First of all, I'd like to apologize for starting this argument. Secondly, if we add laser beams to ninjas, they just become flashy. Ninjas are not flashy. Ever. Thirdly, King Dedede is most definitely a pirate. He is awkwardly large, has a big hammer, and throws ******** puff poops at his enemies... ninjas don't throw puffy poops.

Timbers

check me out
First of all, I'd like to apologize for starting this argument. Secondly, if we add laser beams to ninjas, they just become flashy. Ninjas are not flashy. Ever. Thirdly, King Dedede is most definitely a pirate. He is awkwardly large, has a big hammer, and throws ******** puff poops at his enemies... ninjas don't throw puffy poops.
So it's agreed. DDD=pirate

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
So it's agreed. DDD=pirate

Strong evidence suggests Dedede is actually a Ninja.

He can jump multiple times in the air like a ninja.
He wears a massive chinese *** robe.
He doesn't use a gun.

And probably the strongest fact to support this is that he throws Gordo's, which own anything they hit, and look like a giant shuriken with a face.

Dedede = Ninja
Dedede > Ike
Ike = Pirate
Ninjas > Pirates.

Oh, and no one in this whole thread has said that D3's super armor lasts for his whole upB.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Dedede = Pirate
Dedede > Ike
Ike = Neither
Ninjas < Pirates.

That looks more like the truth...

Also, I have recently discovered that Bowser is a ninja: he can teleport (After boss battles in Galaxy and in the second bowser fight in SM64), he can basicly fly (infite jump glitch), and when you roll back to the stage from an edge with over 100%, there is a split-second where he does a very ninja-ish pose (easier to notice in melee than in brawl tho)... But this is going way too off-topic, so I'll stop here.

Met

Smash Ace
hahah dedede has way more punishable moves then his up b thats such a stupid statement its stupid. i played with chillin almost everyday a month before it came out in the u.s. and if you try and use certian a moves like Usmash Fsmash if you threw a waddle dee to close they will just run powershield and grab you those kind of things in my book are way more punishable because you cant switch them up to easly.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
ya, throwing waddles on the ground has way too much lag

also, i don't get all this stuff about pirates and ninjas, DDD is a penguin and Ike is a weak human with an overly heavy sword or something like that.

But just in case anyone wasn't clear

DDD always > Ike

Timbers

check me out
Oh, and no one in this whole thread has said that D3's super armor lasts for his whole upB.
It's been implied. Several times. You're one of the few that did as well. Don't make this topic a ****ty one.

Also gordos are canonballs obviously, and his mech hammer heavily implies some form of gunpowder or napalm substance. It's a gun in a hammer. Pirates are so awesome yes.

Also what FinNess said

Met said:
hahah dedede has way more punishable moves then his up b thats such a stupid statement its stupid. i played with chillin almost everyday a month before it came out in the u.s. and if you try and use certian a moves like Usmash Fsmash if you threw a waddle dee to close they will just run powershield and grab you those kind of things in my book are way more punishable because you cant switch them up to easly.
None of those moves can be punished to a degree that uB can. And we're not talking about his entire moveset, god****. His uB wasn't even brought up until someone considered it unpunishable. Which is wrong. Obviously he has other punishable moves, but we're not talking about that now are we. Why do people neglect reading this thread if they want to say anything productive.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Timbers...

Super Armor > your hopes and dreams.

So... Whereabouts in my post did I say Super Armor lasts for the duration of his upB? Oh, and where did I even mention anything about a D3 Ike matchup?

Oh wait. I didn't. I simply said Super Armor > you.

Learn 2 Read.

Oh, and dedede originates from Japan = Ninja fo sho.

Timbers

check me out
I'm talking about punishing DDD when he's coming down onto the stage. You're talking about SA frames being the downfall to my argument. Clearly they had some type of relevance, unless you just felt like popping up in the thread and saying random stuff and my name was somehow picked from a hat.

Someone else brought up the uB crap, not you.

u learn 2 read

Fat people can't be ninjas. Pirate

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Fat people can't be ninjas. Pirate
Also, ninjas use swords / shurikens / other blade weapons, dedede has a hammer... Therefore, he can't possibly be a ninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom