• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if we had a compilation of moves to DI from?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Such as surefire combo setups and kill confirms and the ways to DI out of them? Could the site's character forum community come together with lists of how to DI their character's setups?

Some noteworthy examples I'm familiar with include DIing away from Mario's DThrow Fair, SDIing in towards Sonic's Fair and Lucas's Nair, and DIing away from Captain Falcon's DThrow. Some would be better as 50/50 DI (left or right) due to the nature of the attack and likelihood it would confirm, such as Pikachu's UThrow to Thunder.

But the project itself would rest great confusion among tournament players who end up dying to a setup they otherwise could have survived from. Plus it will train players, who suffer greatly at certain matchups, on how to make their chances of winning better.

I'm thinking of getting this down for various Discord groups and Character forums. Would there be anything special of note to add to this list, such as situational things based on character size/weight? Please let me know.

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Amazing idea. You should probably add those situational things to the list of requirements.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Amazing idea. You should probably add those situational things to the list of requirements.
To be quite honest, I don't feel the most qualified person to do so. I can give what I know about my main, Ike, but beyond that, I don't use many other characters on a high level. I feel if we could ask the character Smashboards and Discords to come together, we could get a list going.

I'll start with the Ike group very shortly, and see if we can get a network among the high-level players of each forum/Discord server to contribute what they know.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If we had a compilation of moves to DI from, we would expand the metagame exponentially. What I mean by this is that we would have ways in which we could work around methods to DI. It might seem counter-productive, but there is only progression to be made from this. I could try to give an example, though it might be character dependent and I main Samus anyway. When it comes to Ness' down throw, he can follow up with a forward air. The first will always hit, but it is possible to air-dodge the second, thus, avoid the third. It just requires timing. Ness could just do a down throw to up air, of course. Samus' forward air can be avoided as well from a down throw. I believe it requires DI'ing away.

Top Bottom