• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if we can have a team of more than 6 Pokémon in the next generations?

D

Deleted member

It's been a question I had in my head for quite a time, but as you surely know, since Gen I, we can carry up to 6 Pokémon.

However, what if in the future generations we can carry more than 6 Pokémon ?
Do you think it would be to much of a change to maintain balance ?
Otherwise, which number of Pokémon exceeding 6 we can carry would you suggest ?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I wouldn't mind trying pushing to 8 Pokemon. Would be a nice twist though. Or a 7 team where one can be used as a complete tank/status effect 'mon

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
This would be a massive change, most notably because it'd mean a team's flaws would be easier to fix. This would be a risky change as it should be done in such a way it wouldn't negatively affect the series' overall balance on the long run. Still a better idea than giving a fifth move slot to every Pokémon.

Although the fact we're going beyond the sixth gen kinda makes me want this. When gen VI was announced, I felt there was something special in the concept of a team with once Pokémon from each generation, so having more Pokémon generations than open slots in a team will feel kinda weird.

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
this actually seems like a really cool change! If this were to happen though, instead of having a team of 7, I want to have a team of 6 + 1, if that makes sense. Basically, I think that you should have a normal team of 6, but with 1 extra pokemon that you have with you that fills a special position. This could be done many ways, as it could work like the partner pokemon from the pokemon ranger games, or it could be your starter, or it could be your set favorite, or maybe it could be your HM slave.

Personally, I think it would be cool to have a partner pokemon, or your signature pokemon, as a 7th slot, one that you can never box or trade, but it doesn't take up any slots in your traditional party. I feel like there is a lot of potential in adding a 7th pokemon slot, and what better time to do it than the 7th generation?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nah...I say keep it at six...

If we start adding more slots then people will expect more in the future...where will it end? This is one of those things I'd prefer GameFreak not to tamper with...

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
I think 7 would be a nice number. That way, I wouldn't have to put a member of my team away and risk them falling behind in level to make room for my HM user.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think 7 would be a nice number. That way, I wouldn't have to put a member of my team away and risk them falling behind in level to make room for my HM user.
It'd be easier if they just got rid of the need for HM users

Top Bottom