• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if they added a real duel mode?

Doomrider911

Smash Rookie
Yesterday my friend and I were talking about Brawl and we came up with an idea. What if they made a duel mode where it was stamina mode, on a stage like Final Destination, but you couldn't knock eachother off.That was you are forced to just attack eachother until one of you loses all your health. Anyways, my friend and I thought it might be kinda cool so i was wondering what you guys think.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you and 2nd that that shoudl be an option, that would be a very intresting way to fight, they could use the sandbag barier around final destiantion so you couldn't fall off.

royinator

Smash Cadet
yeah

and maybe they could make a rule banning projectiles... or maybe only projectiles

RocketDarkness

Smash Cadet
Um... they already did make it. it's called Stamina mode
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various04.html
Look at the picture. It says mario has 150HP
He's quite aware of Stamina Mode, as he mentions it in his first post. He's simply asking for a mode which, in addition to stamina, also puts a barrier around the arena so you can't win by the traditional smash means. Which, I think, would be a fun option to have, even if it pales in comparison to normal smash. :)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, i'm sorry. i too hastily replied. i don't think that'd be too much of an issue. having HP would probably have you permanently set somewhere around 0% to 30%. you wouldn't be KO'd. (unless you get killed by good edge play)

Jammer

Smash Lord
I haven't played stamina mode in a while. As your stamina goes down, do you got knocked further when hit? If not, then I don't really think a caged match is necessary. The only way you could die would be to walk of the stage.

Also, if they do what you're suggesting, I imagine the mode will become another Coin Battle. But then again, options are always a good thing.

Ch-Akruru

Smash Cadet
I play Stamina with the damage ratio set to .5 all the time, unless you suicide you never really get knocked off at all

SkipSandwich

Smash Rookie
What I've always thought they should add to stamina mode is, obviously, the ability to increase the amount of stamina you have. However, I think instead of dieing if you fall off, it should either take a set amount of HP away from you, or slice your HP in half.
If that was done, they could either have a % meter hidden and building as normal, or display it under your HP amount.

Jammer

Smash Lord
However, I think instead of dieing if you fall off, it should either take a set amount of HP away from you, or slice your HP in half.
That's actually a quite good idea. I prefer losing a set amount of damage (maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of your starting HP). And I think we should definitely be able to increase the starting HP by 100 HP increments. That way we could make 500 HP matches that would last about as long as 4 stock matches.

Also, welcome to the boards, SkipSandwich.

SkipSandwich

Smash Rookie
Thank you.

I think a set amount would probably be favorable too. If it were a percentage of your current HP, jumping off the edge would become a strategy for escaping damage once lower HP was reached. Also the invincibility from the respawn could be abused, unless it was turned off (Which may be a good idea for stamina matches)

Top Bottom