• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Sm4sh Online is Reigon Locked?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yo whats up guys! As we know Monster hunter tri for Wii online is Reigon locked and now Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for WiiU has been annouced to be the same well..lets face it the Whole WiiU itself is Reigon Locked..even the Tablet controller is! & the 3DS looks like Ninty are Locking alotta stuff lately.

I just wanna know you lots views on if Sm4sh was the same.

IMO:
Although it is very satisfying to beat people from all over the world i know theres alotta good Smash players in USA & we all know JPN are crazy at games but tbh if it helps to improve search times to find games drasticly and reduces lag in game drasticly then im all for it.

Ultimatly are you for it? Against it? or what? i think above all quick search times and smooth online gameplay is whats most important. i certainly not even hope i EXPECT Sm4sh WiiU online to be far superior than Brawls in all aspects..if not changed at all imo it will be the #1 worse thing about the game...and most dissapointing..(unbelievable more like (-_-)

But in the long run search times mayy suffer..also USA get better connection thaan us Brits anyway.. in most games..namely Halo & Gears..

Above all i would really like to hear you guys views/suggestions and other stuff about this.

:phone:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By Region locking smash 4 online, nobody has anything to gain. I hope it doesn't happen.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I hope not... I want to see how crazy some Japanese Smash players are.

With all of the Mii Verse connectivity I don't think they should limit who we can play against.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmmm..sort of..even if the online is alot more smooth still you would perfer worldwide then?

Hmm... Not quite sure about that. Smoother online would definitely be a plus, but I don't want it to come at an expense of worldwide...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think online play sucking in general like it did in Brawl is a much bigger concern than region locking.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think it will happen.

IIRC Brawl wasn't region locked was it?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I don't believe so. I've had matches with people WAY out of my region.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I don't think we have to worry about region locking in Smash or any other Nintendo developed title for that matter.

It would be nice to play only people from what ever country you wanted. I think in Mario Kart DS you can limit opponents to your own country if you want.

After playing Tekken and Blops2 on Wii U I'm pretty excited to play future Smash on the system. Now if I can get an Ethernet converter I will never have to worry ever again. Well assuming Sakurai and Namco have a great netcode going.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Yo whats up guys! As we know Monster hunter tri for Wii online is Reigon locked and now Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for WiiU has been annouced to be the same well..lets face it the Whole WiiU itself is Reigon Locked..even the Tablet controller is! & the 3DS looks like Ninty are Locking alotta stuff lately.

I just wanna know you lots views on if Sm4sh was the same.

IMO:
Although it is very satisfying to beat people from all over the world i know theres alotta good Smash players in USA & we all know JPN are crazy at games but tbh if it helps to improve search times to find games drasticly and reduces lag in game drasticly then im all for it.

Ultimatly are you for it? Against it? or what? i think above all quick search times and smooth online gameplay is whats most important. i certainly not even hope i EXPECT Sm4sh WiiU online to be far superior than Brawls in all aspects..if not changed at all imo it will be the #1 worse thing about the game...and most dissapointing..(unbelievable more like (-_-)

But in the long run search times mayy suffer..also USA get better connection thaan us Brits anyway.. in most games..namely Halo & Gears..

Above all i would really like to hear you guys views/suggestions and other stuff about this.

Oh my god, I hope they don't. My dreams of Sm4sh online will be crushed then. >:/ Also, I expect Wii U's online to be good. It will be under "Nintendo Network", which apparently is supposed to give us smooth online play.

I mean, maybe I wouldn't mind region locking...but I would definitely want to play anyone from across the world. It just doesn't seem right to limit it to that. Also, that's Monster Hunter you're talking about. That's not definite proof any nintendo game will be like that. I am sure, if anything, Mario Kart 8 will not be region locked. The Wii one wasn't region locked. The 3DS one wasn't region locked. Again, that's no definite proof, but I'd assume they would continue with this.

If it is region locked, I hope they have good intentions.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
here's something: was KI:U region-locked? if not, then SSB4 probably won't be either.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Region Locking is generally used for games where scheduling and getting together for group sessions is important. Very much like World of Warcraft they want to avoid major communication issues because in those games where you have a party and go hunting the communication aspect is key.

This is a non-issue for Smash so rest assured you will be able to battle anyone anywhere.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think that SSB4 will have region locked internet. It makes no sense.

I mean if Smash Bros. Brawl and Kid Icarus: Uprising had no limitations, why would SSB4 have? It would be complete bull**** if it had.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't think we have to worry about region locking in Smash or any other Nintendo developed title for that matter.

It would be nice to play only people from what ever country you wanted. I think in Mario Kart DS you can limit opponents to your own country if you want.

After playing Tekken and Blops2 on Wii U I'm pretty excited to play future Smash on the system. Now if I can get an Ethernet converter I will never have to worry ever again. Well assuming Sakurai and Namco have a great netcode going.

Is the Ethernet adapter for a Ethernet port worth it? like does it make a big difference for the WiiU to run a wired connection? i know its abit silly to ask but then again Nintendo are abit silly.. is it worth it? the difference big?

Please someone answer...xD

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Well, if they will make it region locked I hope it will better and lagless inside the region.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Well, if they will make it region locked I hope it will better and lagless inside the region.
Indeed. I would rather have no lag over everything. There is enough people in our region that you would still get awesome games.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I believe that the online in Monster Hunter should be seperate considering in Japan they have to pay a monthly fee to play it online.
Does anybody know if they had to pay to play Brawl online?

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
I always think the more options the better. Make it like Mario Kart Wii: all over the world and in your continent. So if the online really sucks you can choose the second, if you're like you will be able to select the first. No reason to take away the decision from the player.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Is the Ethernet adapter for a Ethernet port worth it? like does it make a big difference for the WiiU to run a wired connection? i know its abit silly to ask but then again Nintendo are abit silly.. is it worth it? the difference big?

Please someone answer...xD

I have not used one for my Wii U personally but I hear its better. People who play competitively online for anything will all tell you a hard wired connection beats wifi every day of the week. Wifi is so much better now a'days then it used to be but every now and then you will get a lag spike, especially if you live in a heavily populated area or have a million and one devices leeching off of it at home.

There are no official Nintendo converters just a USB to Ethernet port converter you can find at any electronics store. For people who want an experience with the least amount of lag as possible, Ethernet is undoubtedly the way to go.

Eventually I plan on getting one specifically for Smash. There is just more room for margin of error in it than most other online games. I do expect for 90 percent of our play throughs that wifi will work absolutely fine though.

Melty Venus

Smash Cadet
I always think the more options the better. Make it like Mario Kart Wii: all over the world and in your continent. So if the online really sucks you can choose the second, if you're like you will be able to select the first. No reason to take away the decision from the player.
Yeah, this sounds like a good idea.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
No, I meet Japanese players in KI:U sometimes.
There will surely be tough Japanese players in SSB4.
If they were Eye Track orbitars, then no. Also Aries Armor is pretty OP too. ;/ Anything other than that, if any, yes. Maybe Aries Armor isn't as bad as I think, really. I think it's possible to counter it, but I don't remember.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^They're a weapon in Uprising that have the best homing shot capabilities of any weapon. A lot of people use them online mixed with defense/range mods to get easy kills.

Honestly most Japanese players I've seen use bows with range/homing mods combined with the "Pass Through Walls" and Energy Charge powers for easy sniper kills. (is actually a lot more effective Eyetrack Orbitars, since it's harder to get in on them)

For those who can't follow, there are a lot of OP things in Uprising.

Back on topic I doubt SSB4 will be region locked, though there might be a chance that the Wii U version could be (I honestly don't know any specific things about the Wii U hardware).

Top Bottom