• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Paper Mario crossed over with Fire Emblem?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Given that both titles are developed by Intelligent Systems. I’m aware that, obviously, these are two very different with wildly different tones, but I wanted to at least humor the idea, as dumb as it is.

Luckily, I have a couple ideas on how to make this work:
  • The gameplay would use Trails in the Sky (another RPG where party members fight across a grid like Fire Emblem, but as separate encounters and not entire chapters) as a basis.
  • The story would be something closer to the original Paper Mario on the N64; relatively down to earth, but still lighthearted overall.
  • Both Paper Mario and Fire Emblem would feature their characters
  • The Fire Emblem characters would be based on their Heroes sprites

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm not sure that sort of thing really works outside Smash. However, just to humor the idea, they should probably make it a TBSRPG with the "low number calculations" that Paper Mario does.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I think the best thing would be a sort of "paper fire emblem" in the vain of TMS that's got a paper Mario artstyle a nd vibe but FE characters

Top Bottom