• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Events were still a thing instead of Spirits? (A.K.A the Event Match idea thread 2.0)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
As much I like Spirits, I am slightly bummed they're the closest we have to Event matches. If, hypothetically, they were still in Ultimate instead of Spirits, what kind of Events would you guys think would be fun? Here are some of my ideas from back during the pre-release days:
“Die, monster! You don’t belong here!” (Note: Stamina match)

You: Richter (200 HP)

Ally: Simon (200 HP)

Opponent: Dracula (Boss)

Description: Richter has traveled back in time to ensure that his ancestor, Simon, succeeds in defeating Dracula, who has grown ever stronger due to an error in the flow of time. If either of them fail, both will cease to exist…along with the entirety of the Belmont clan that may never be.

Victory: Dracula is defeated

Defeat: You or Simon are defeated

The Mysterious Assassins

You: Greninja (with a Killing Edge)

Allies: Snake x3

Opponents: Chrom, Robin

Stage: Shadow Moses Island (the music is Duty (Ablaze))

Description: A mysterious group of assassins have been sent to kill Chrom, with the leader holding the deadly Killing Edge sword. Legends say that if the sword turns red, it kills its target in a fell swoop. The prince’s life is in your hands, and he must he must die for the sake of Plegia, no matter the cost!

Victory: Chrom is defeated when the Killing Edge glows

Defeat: Greninja is defeated

Cuddle Attack!

You: Bowser

Opponent: Kirby (x43, 2.0 launch ratio, all of them are pink)

Stage: Delfino Plaza

Description: “Darn it, what’re these pink things?! They’ve been following me all day trying to hug me and it’s DISGUTSING! Do I need a Koopa Troop air strike? There’s almost 50 of them! Any more time with them and I’ll go crazy.”

Victory: All enemies are defeated

Defeat: Bowser is defeated (two stocks) or time runs out (3:20)
Hotel Wario

You: Wario (3-stock)

Opponent: Mario, Luigi (1-stock each)

Stage: New Donk City Hall

Music: Warioware, Inc. Medley

Description: These two palookas don’t know the first thing about building a hotel. Sock ‘em and rob ‘em of all their coins to build your dream hotel in the New Donk City Hall! But be careful; if the platform reaches the top and you don’t have enough coins, the Mario Bros. are gonna turn in their deed!

Victory: 999 coins are stolen before the platform reaches the top

Defeat: The platform reaches the top or Wario is defeated

A Krool Kreation

You: King K. Rool (2-stock)

Ally: Dark Samus (2-stock)

Opponents: Donkey Kong (2-stock), Diddy Kong (2-stock)

Stage: Kongo Jungle (Melee)

Music: Battle for Storm Hill

Description: “At least, I’ve kreated the perfect monster! I, King K. Rool, shall use it to destroy those Kong kretins and konquer the kountry!”

Victory: DK and Diddy are defeated (bonus objective: Dark Samus delivers the final blow, with or without her Final Smash)

Defeat: K. Rool or Dark Samus or defeated.

Attack of the Videoland Villains

You: Link (2-stock; he wears the Tunic of the Wild)

Allies: Zelda (2-stock), Pit (2-stock), Mega Man (green, 2-stock), Simon Belmont (blue, 2-stock)

Opponents: Donkey Kong (giant, 1-stock), Ganondorf (1-stock), Dark Pit (x3, all 1-stock), Dracula (boss), Yellow Devil (boss), Mother Brain (boss)

Stage: Kongo Jungle (Melee; vs. Donkey Kong), Bridge of Eldin (Brawl; vs. Ganondorf), Skyworld (vs. Dark Pit x3), Dracula’s Castle (vs. Dracula), Wily Castle (vs. Yellow Devil), Pyrosphere (Omega; vs. Mother Brain)

Music: King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2 (vs. Donkey Kong); Hidden Mountain and Forest (vs. Ganondorf); Destroyed Skyworld (vs. Dark Pit x3); Nothing to Lose (vs. Dracula); Dr. Wily Stage 1 & 2 (vs. Yellow Devil); Brinstar (Melee; vs. Mother Brain)

Description: Mother Brain has called all of the big baddies of Videoland that she could assemble, and Kevin isn’t here to stop them! Only the rest of his capable allies can step in to save Videoland from her evil conquest! But be warned-the villains are even stronger then before, including three mirror copies of Kid Icarus!

Defeat: You and your allies are defeated
Four Trouble Heroes

You: King K. Rool (2-stock)

Allies: King Dedede, Bowser, Ganondorf (2-stock)

Opponents: Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Link (2-stock)

Stage: Kongo Jungle (Melee)

Music: Gangplank Galleon

Description: “Expecting another hero saving the day ordeal? Well, too bad! This time, it’s the kings’ time to shine, especially MINE!”

Defeat: All allies are defeated

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I actually see Spirits as a big Events mode where in all matches the objective is defeat the other enemies and you always select your character.. it is more limited on this point, but also, less annoying than needing to adapt to every character just to do a small event. In fact, all big Smash Ultimate modes are event battles, including World of Light and Spirit Board, and even Classic Mode, that is just a random battle with custom properties too, just organized in a different sequence of battles in a another menu. While it has its advantages by being less annoying, it is also more repetitive because all objectives are the same in all these battles. It would really be more interesting, if it had more objective variation, not only defeat the enemies.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I actually see Spirits as a big Events mode where in all matches the objective is defeat the other enemies and you always select your character.. it is more limited on this point, but also, less annoying than needing to adapt to every character just to do a small event. In fact, all big Smash Ultimate modes are event battles, including World of Light and Spirit Board, and even Classic Mode, that is just a random battle with custom properties too, just organized in a different sequence of battles in a another menu. While it has its advantages by being less annoying, it is also more repetitive because all objectives are the same in all these battles. It would really be more interesting, if it had more objective variation, not only defeat the enemies.
…I can see where you’re coming from, but this thread is what would be the case if Events were a thing in Ultimate instead of Spirits.

You: :ultchrom:

Ally: :ult_terry:, :ultkirby:, :ultmetaknight: (comes in after 2:00)

Opponent: :ultganondorf:, :ultwario:, :ultkrool:

Stage: :npc:

Difficulty: :starman::starman:

Description: The young boy you were looking after while Meta Knight was away was getting into trouble in the city! If Meta Kngiht sees him in front of bad influences when he comes back, he'll be mad!

Victory: All enemies are defeated before Meta Knight arrives

Defeat: :ultchrom: is defeated, :ultkirby: is defeated, or enemies are defeated after 2 minutes pass when :ultmetaknight: arrives

Music: Squeak Squad Theme

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
…I can see where you’re coming from, but this thread is what would be the case if Events were a thing in Ultimate instead of Spirits.

You: :ultchrom:

Ally: :ult_terry:, :ultkirby:, :ultmetaknight: (comes in after 2:00)

Opponent: :ultganondorf:, :ultwario:, :ultkrool:

Stage: :npc:

Description: The young boy you were looking after while Meta Knight was away was getting into trouble in the city! If Meta Kngiht sees him in front of bad influences when he comes back, he'll be mad!

Victory: All enemies are defeated before Meta Knight arrives

Defeat: :ultchrom: is defeated, :ultkirby: is defeated, or enemies are defeated after 2 minutes pass when :ultmetaknight: arrives

Music: Squeak Squad Theme
I'm pretty sure Meta Knight would welcome Kirby actively training to toughen himself up. This is the guy who tried to conquer a planet for being lazy.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure Meta Knight would welcome Kirby actively training to toughen himself up. This is the guy who tried to conquer a planet for being lazy.
The idea for this was that this would, hypothetically, be the Meta Knight from RBAY. As in, toughening him up to take on NME, and Kirby not being toughened up enough for the big city.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The idea for this was that this would, hypothetically, be the Meta Knight from RBAY. As in, toughening him up to take on NME, and Kirby not being toughened up enough for the big city.
Make a baby fight demonic hellbeasts? No problem. Hanging out with dudes with attitude? Terrible. Also, RBAY Meta Knight tries to be as hands-off as he can possibly be, to the point of denying that he has Kirby's best interests in mind to everyone except his closest confidants.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Make a baby fight demonic hellbeasts? No problem. Hanging out with dudes with attitude? Terrible. Also, RBAY Meta Knight tries to be as hands-off as he can possibly be, to the point of denying that he has Kirby's best interests in mind to everyone except his closest confidants.
Okay, fair enough.

You: :ultbyleth:

Ally: N/A

Opponent: :ultridley: (Giant, 1.4x launch ratio)

Stage: Gaur Plain

Difficulty: :starman::starman::starman:

Description: “Professor, Flayn has recently come down with a cold. Our medicine is scarce right now, and the materials needed for it are in a plain plagued by Demonic Beasts. Clear them out and safely procure the materials needed for the medicine, would you?”

Defeat: Byleth

Music: Attack - Fire Emblem

Perkilator

Smash Legend
You: :ultzelda: (alias Soleil Sagesse)

Ally: :ultrosalina: (alias Soleil Étoile), :ultrobinf: (alias Soleil Tonnerre), :ultinkling: (alias Soleil Peindre), :ultpalutena: (alias Soleil Reine)

Opponent: :ultganondorf:, Tiny :ultridley: x5

Stage: :delfino:

Description: The evil Night Bringers have arisen! They’re planning to steal the Shine Sprites to summon their evil master and cover the world in complete darkness! Only you can stop them, Soleil Warriors!

Victory: All enemies are defeated before 2:00 pass (note: Ganondorf will not appear until all the Ridlies are defeated)

Defeat: 2:30 pass and Nightmare is summoned (which happens automatically)

Music: Psycho Soldier Theme

Top Bottom