• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What have you done as a newb in mafia? What were your thoughts?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It would lead to disaster because he would be scum ;o

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Ah, my first mafia game was a looong time ago, Spidey mafia.

Balance was questionable due to 4 scum, a serial killer, a RISKY POLITICIAN (tries to get the most votes but not get lynched), and a JESTER (ARGH!), but very fun none-the-less. Watcher is an awesome role, WAY better than tracker.

As far as how I played, I'd say not too badly. Town got completely stomped because all attention went to the two independent roles that wanted them, and scum slipped away free. I mean...

D1 No-lynch.
D2 Town tracker gets modkilled, and we no-lynch. Oh yeah, and Rockin vigged someone for finding him suspicious.
D3 Lynch Jester
D4 Scum joint with indy, LYNCH JESTER AGAIN! (He had to be lynched twice to win)

Oh well, I had a blast, and my death flavor had to be one of the most entertaining things I've ever read in mafia. This game is the primary reason I despise a No-lynch.

My won/lost again ratio is really low, actually. My second game was BIM 1, and we all know how that turned out. (Hint: BADLY)

My third game (Ronike's Test subject mafia) was a bit odd, with basically a mafia cult leader and me (sorta a SK) against town. The mafia died D1, leaving me as a newbie SK against all of town from D2 onwards. (I died D3, due to inactivity and a rather bad defense on my part.)

My fourth game had me dying N0 (town lost without my help). Yay getting a (90% paranoid) cop role with 5-some Paranoid Gun Owners... (Then again, it WAS called Paranoiafia...)

And finally (or at least this is the last one I'll include in this post), there's my first proper game as scum and fifth total, Wonderland mafia. Me, Marshy, and Riddle formed a three man scumteam. Unfortunately, Riddle managed to get nailed in the RVS(which shall never be forgotten), Marshy died thanks to a backup watcher (who quickhammered a townie D2) that was supported by the cop D3, and I finally lost due to having no fakeclaim and getting CC'd on D5.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, my first game? I was cop, don't remember all the details, but I do remember Mac rocking it up with his awesome role(dayvig, 1-shot if he sent it private, got a second shot for posting it publically), and scum counterclaiming me two days in a row(the final two scum, assume they thought they could get my lynched since it was my first game?) and dying both times XD

Second game got endgamed as vanilla townie from the ever-infamous rogue. Third game got my first MVP(granted given long afterwards since the system didn't exist back then), was in a closed masonry with Pythag, we played off our extremely similar character claims then the final day I just started pushing town to go with me(leading to pretty much everyone, Pythag included, questioning my alignment due to the sudden shift XD) and getting the last scum lynched :D Pretty much my early games were less noobie than my later ones is what I'm getting at!

Top Bottom