• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What has Nintendo done to upset you?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Truthfully, though, I really don't remember DKC1 being all that hard either.
DKC1 only had 3 hard parts I remember: that one Oil area level that took me forever to get past, the minecarts, and when I put my GBA down to eat a snack (I played the GBA port) after beating K. Rool. My six-year-old, Cheeto-covered fingers weren't prepared to beat his final form.

Krool joke, Nintendo.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
I actually thought DK Tropic Freeze was pretty challenging.

Then again, I made it a point to try and get KONG in every level for the sake of tradition, so that probably had something to do with it. Truthfully, though, I really don't remember DKC1 being all that hard either.
It wasn't hard, no. But extra lives weren't exactly as easy to get back then as they are now. They should really just get rid of the lives because the worst thing that can happen now is that your lives get replenished and you start over. Whereas in DKC 1 or SMB 3, if you get a game over, you have to start either where you last saved (DKC 1) or all the way at the beginning of the world, forcing you to do multiple levels over again. It was painful when it happened, but it allowed me to get to play the game more.

With that said, I do find the Superstar Road/World in NSMBU to be challenging - especially Run For It.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Whereas in DKC 1 or SMB 3, if you get a game over, you have to start either where you last saved (DKC 1) or all the way at the beginning of the world, forcing you to do multiple levels over again.
With DKC1, you could just save at any point you wanted, so it's just a convenience thing. Autosaving instead of manually saving after you defeat every level kept me more engaged in the game and helped me get to the next level faster in order to see what new challenges awaited me. In SMB 3, I was always in 2 player mode so that you could continue with only losing one brother's progress and have infinite continues without having to restart the world.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
Not make Skull Kid a playable character in Hyrule Warriors.

;_____;

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
With DKC1, you could just save at any point you wanted, so it's just a convenience thing. Autosaving instead of manually saving after you defeat every level kept me more engaged in the game and helped me get to the next level faster in order to see what new challenges awaited me. In SMB 3, I was always in 2 player mode so that you could continue with only losing one brother's progress and have infinite continues without having to restart the world.
What if you started in a new world though? Lets say you beat the boss that precedes Gorilla Glaciers, save your progress and then travel there. Funky's Flights isn't until the end of the world and if I recall there is not a save point in that world. So you'd have to beat all the levels to get to Funky's just to save. Otherwise, you have to start back at the beginning if you get a game over.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What if you started in a new world though? Lets say you beat the boss that precedes Gorilla Glaciers, save your progress and then travel there. Funky's Flights isn't until the end of the world and if I recall there is not a save point in that world. So you'd have to beat all the levels to get to Funky's just to save. Otherwise, you have to start back at the beginning if you get a game over.
Oh, in the GBA port, you could save anywhere; I assumed the SNES version was the same.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
Oh, in the GBA port, you could save anywhere; I assumed the SNES version was the same.
No, I never played the GBA port. Only the SNES one. I actually didn't know there was a GBA port until you mentioned it. I knew there was a Gameboy Color version though. But no, the SNES didn't have the feature to save anywhere, which I did not mind. All the levels were fun, so if I had to work my way back, I didn't really mind since the levels were entertaining.

But you pointed something out to me... you could save anywhere in the GBA port, but you have to work your way to get to the save point and stay alive when you're playing the SNES port. It just shows me there that Nintendo was trying to make the game easier in a way. They probably added the save feature for the players' convenience though. But even so, it's a sign that Nintendo is showing forgiveness to the player, because in SNES you had to work your way through the world to save and all of a sudden, you can save when you're far away from Candy, which raises another question. What was Candy's role in DKC GBA port? Anyway, I think something like that, while small, tinkers with the overall difficulty of the game and the average game completion time.

I can't tell you how many times Gorilla Glaciers sent me back to the beginning. That was one of the harder worlds in the original DKC series. The terrain was just so slippery, but I would've expected that from a world that has the word "glacier" in it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
It just shows me there that Nintendo was trying to make the game easier in a way. They probably added the save feature for the players' convenience though. But even so, it's a sign that Nintendo is showing forgiveness to the player, because in SNES you had to work your way through the world to save and all of a sudden, you can save when you're far away from Candy, which raises another question. What was Candy's role in DKC GBA port? Anyway, I think something like that, while small, tinkers with the overall difficulty of the game and the average game completion time.
Candy's role was basically a rhythem game with arrow and button presses. Think of it as DDR except one button at a time and less fun.

Also, I think Nintendo had the save anywhere feature because if your GBA runs out of batteries or you have to turn it off, you would have your progress erased since the last savepoint and be punished for something you had no control over.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
Better yet, not making Saria a playable character in Hyrule Warriors.
They probably just figured they could put in Lana with the deku spear and we would be good on woodland based characters.

However, I would love to see a WW DLC pack with...Fado? Hmm, anyone?
;3

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
Candy's role was basically a rhythem game with arrow and button presses. Think of it as DDR except one button at a time and less fun.

Also, I think Nintendo had the save anywhere feature because if your GBA runs out of batteries or you have to turn it off, you would have your progress erased since the last savepoint and be punished for something you had no control over.
Oh, so I assume you get free lives if you win or get enough press inputs correct?

I get the reasoning behind the feature, and it makes sense for the GBA. It's portable, so it's useful if you're on a long trip and can't charge your GBA to have a save feature in the game. Honestly, the DKC save feature doesn't bother me all that much compared to the save features on Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Advance 1 (SMB2) and 4 (SMB3). You see, with Donkey Kong Country, the game already had a save feature. So changing the save method for that game is acceptable because for a portable console, you do run that risk of running out of power and it is unfair to be punished for that.

But Super Mario Bros. 1-3 never had a save feature in its original NES form. Part of the challenge in beating the game and the fun factor was having to do it in one sitting. Adding a save feature took away some of the challenge and made it easier for people to beat.

But what really bothers me is the generous amount of lives you get in New Super Mario Bros Wii and Wii U. It's not hard to get 100 coins, you can get an extra life by collecting the star coins, you're given free lives with the POW block and dry bones hordes in the fortresses, you get free lives when you're fully powered up and riding a Yoshi, you get an absurd amount of lives (and items) in the Toad House mini games and you get a free life from landing on the top of the flag pole. You can get to 99 lives really fast. And for the most part, the levels are not that difficult. With an abundance of items you get, you can be prepared to take on any stage with any suit (barring the propellor suit and penguin suit).

For Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, you can purchase extra lives with banana coins that are easy to collect. On top of that, you have the Banana Slamma Combo that can turn enemies into lives. And you get free lives through bananas pretty easily too.

Why even have lives if the game makes collecting them so easy? Why make a life counter if you don't punish, but actually reward the player for losing all of his/her health?

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't think I ever actually used the shop in Tropical Freeze.

Maybe that's why I thought the game was hard.

EDIT: Also, you couldn't save at all in Mario Bros 3? Damn, I guess I was spoiled by the GBA version as a kid. Same goes for DKC, where you could save anywhere.

DOUBLE EDIT: Anyway, IMO I don't really consider restricting saves to be actual difficulty. Same with lives. Both are outdated design choices from the days when games were designed to beat the quarters out of you. While the GBA version of Mario Bros 3 and DKC both allow saving, while the NES and SNES version of these games didn't or restricted where you could save, the GBA versions are technically just as difficult. The levels aren't any less challenging, the enemy placement isn't any more malicious. The only difference is that if you game over you either start the game over again or are kicked back several levels. This isn't difficultly, this is just an artificial way to lengthen run time without having to add any additional content to the game.

On the subject of lives, I feel similarly. Having an arbitrary "you can die this many times" counter functions the same way as restricting saving. Back in the arcade days lives just meant "this is how many quarters you pumped into the game, if you want more get ready to drop some more." Again, a way to force more money out of the player (when you think about it, arcade games aren't too different from a lot of phone games these days). When brought to a home environment, just like restricting saving, it just artificially extends run time. Personally, I'm a fan of the model where the play as an infinite amount of lives, but the same is still hard. Making it you're free to keep trying until you either beat the level or rage quit.

Last edited:

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I could say the same concerning Skull Kid. They probably wanted Lana to wear a Skull Kid costume without actually playing as the character himself.
I was chunking Skull Kid in with the woodland character thing haha. I'm still very disappointed that they didn't add a good amount of character. I mean, Tingle? Come on. Sure, he's great but there are sooooooooooo many others I would have preferred
:[

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I was chunking Skull Kid in with the woodland character thing haha. I'm still very disappointed that they didn't add a good amount of character. I mean, Tingle? Come on. Sure, he's great but there are sooooooooooo many others I would have preferred
:[
When it comes to Tingle, he was the most requested character in Japan, so of course they had to put him in the game instead of far better choices. The character isn't terrible from what I've played much of him, but it's still very disheartening that they put him in just because Japan loves Tingle.

If it weren't for the fact that Young Link made it in, I would've considered the Majora's Mask DLC pack as being the worst one released because of Tingle and Lana's Skull Kid costume.

Nidogen

Smash Rookie
How they handle amiibo supply

I know this isn't necessarily ninty's fault, and I know it'll probably come out on console later, but they hyped up Pokken fighter so much just to say its only coming out in Japanese arcades

Didn't like their LP policies

Kind of upset with the direction the WiiU went. Even though I love the games for it and everything, I wish they would've leaned more towards the hardcore. I would love better 3rd party support for WiiU (like dragon age on wii U would blow my ****ing mind)

How they treat Project M

Idk, its not all huge stuff but its just they could handle certain stuff better

finalark

SNORLAX
I've completely given up on Amiibos. I was originally really excited for them since it meant I could have neat little statues of my favorite characters to display on my desk but I am not paying $30+ for nick knacks.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Nintendo has been really awesome recently with having dlc for a lot of their games.
Despite this, they are adding ENTIRELY too many dlc packs for games that recieve it, adding tons of content for the modes I usually don't care about in their respective games. I think the ONE game they truly got right was Pikmin 3.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nintendo still has serious issues regarding online services and ownership, but prior to NNID there was no way to restore your eShop games and purchases if your 3DS was lost or stolen. It was just a little frustrating to hear that, with my previous 3DS fallen into the bottom of a pond in another country, I'd need the SD card from it in order to restore anything to a new 3DS, even if I'd verified who I am and what games I'd purchased. Hell, I didn't really care about losing the few games so much as the Ambassador status of the 3DS, but it seems even that was an impossibility.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
The only thing for me at this time is the SSB CD promo offer.

I got my email Feb 25 saying it shipped, yet I still don't have it. I'm going to compose an email so what then April 1st comes around, I can send it along with the email saying it shipped. The offer website said it'd ship in March 2015 and Tuesday is the last day in March.

This is the first time I've ordered a Club Ninendo reward that required shipping a physical item. I used my mom's address here in The Woodlands in Texas and I checked it slowly at least twice before clicking confirm. I just didn't think it'd take this long. Some people on websites I visit say that they got theirs within days of getting an email and others got the CD before an email.

Is there anyone in the same boat as I where one has been waiting for at least a month since they got their email saying it's been shipped? Is Club Nintendo known to be this bad at shipping things? What am I going to do if it got lost or something? I know I should be patient and see what happens the next couple of days, but it is quite disappointing that I've been waiting for over a month and I've received nothing. :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The only thing for me at this time is the SSB CD promo offer.

I got my email Feb 25 saying it shipped, yet I still don't have it. I'm going to compose an email so what then April 1st comes around, I can send it along with the email saying it shipped. The offer website said it'd ship in March 2015 and Tuesday is the last day in March.

This is the first time I've ordered a Club Ninendo reward that required shipping a physical item. I used my mom's address here in The Woodlands in Texas and I checked it slowly at least twice before clicking confirm. I just didn't think it'd take this long. Some people on websites I visit say that they got theirs within days of getting an email and others got the CD before an email.

Is there anyone in the same boat as I where one has been waiting for at least a month since they got their email saying it's been shipped? Is Club Nintendo known to be this bad at shipping things? What am I going to do if it got lost or something? I know I should be patient and see what happens the next couple of days, but it is quite disappointing that I've been waiting for over a month and I've received nothing. :(
For the CD, some people are barely getting them. So don't worry about it if it's taking this long. I barely got mine last week.

izumisempai

Smash Rookie
The lack of GameCube adapters/Amiibo kills me. I love Nintendo, but I wish they realize how they've been handling the demand of Smash.

Megadarkness5000

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axle5000
3DS FC
0490-7144-1609
Not bringing Mother 3 to the west nor putting it on the Wii U VC. I want to own it so I can support the series I love but they wont put it on QQ.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
When they ditched us all for the non-gamers.
When that one rep said we already had Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Brawl, and that that's all we need.

I stopped caring about them. Went on to the 360, PS3, PSP, Steam... etc.

I actually learned alot by doing that. But I missed out on SMG2, Xenoblade, Mario Kart Wii, and other hidden gems that I probably don't even know were released.

finalark

SNORLAX
I actually learned a lot by doing that. But I missed out on SMG2, Xenoblade, Mario Kart Wii, and other hidden gems that I probably don't even know were released.
The fact that these games exists proves that Nintendo never left its original audience. IMO the whole "Nintendo only cares about filthy casuals" existed more as widely spread thought than any sort of tangible event.

Dr. Slam

Smash Cadet
The copy-right durations.

I MEAN COME ON MAN I WANNA PLAY MUH PIRATED SUPER MARIO 64 LEGALLY ON MUH LAPTOP WHAT IS THIS EVEN

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Oh, dearie me, how have they upset me? Wall of text incoming.

*The Wii U only supports 1 gamepad. While this limitation doesn't affect me, as nobody I know wants to play Wii U games with me, this would suck hard for multiplayer. Of course, the limitation could lead to interesting gameplay designs, but overall this feels too limiting.

*Because the Wii U only supports 1 gamepad, if something happens to yours then you have to pay an exorbitant sum to get a replacement from Nintendo. Of course, this may just be because it's just crazy-expensive to produce, but maybe that should have been an indication to the Big N that the time wasn't right to release a console like this.

*Region locking. There's no reason to have this, except so you can charge some areas (like Australia) extreme prices for games. There is no argument that stands up to scrutiny for keeping region locking in place, except that some areas charge insane prices for games and you want to keep overcharging those areas.

*Wii U has no wired controller options for the vast majority of games. Most of the time, this doesn't matter that much, but for something that requires low response times, like Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, or Smash Bros., a few frames of delay can be a big deal. It's probably why the Wii U can't play Gamecube games either, if I'm recalling my Wii hardware knowledge correctly.

*GC adapter's availability. The lack of availability on this is completely inexcusable. They either knew it would be a problem but ran a limited run anyways to get the press talking, or they somehow don't have any knowledge of their biggest franchise's fanbase. Don't say "Well, they could have not developed it at all!". Nintendo knew that many people, myself included, would not have bought Smash 4 if you had to change to these new controllers. Nintendo also knows that Super Smash Bros. is a system-seller. There's no way to justify the shortage, and by the time they fix it, most people will have either lost interest or bought an unofficial adapter. Calculated greed or bumbling idiocy, this is pure failure.

*Amiibo availability. Okay, this one was kind of a shot in the dark, since they could have gone over very well or very poorly. But you'd think that they'd at least have some of the highly-in-demand Wave 1 amiibos restocked now, right? It's been 6 months now! Nintendo knows that these are sought-after items, and even the less popular ones are selling like hotcakes, and it would behoove them to renew some of these manufacturing contracts, but for some reason they're not. They're releasing cards instead, which is like an amiibo, except that I want to buy a figure and not a piece of cardboard.

*Amiibo functionality. This is pretty much on-disk DLC, the absolute worst kind. If your only defense of performing a ****ty business move is, "Well, EA and Ubisoft do it!", then you need to go stand in the corner and think about what you've done. Just because it works doesn't mean you're not a piece of **** for doing it.

*Amiibo functionality in Smash Bros. The average user won't care that their Amiibo can learn to play from them, or they won't think much of it except "neat". The high-level players won't care because they don't learn enough. They still act pretty much like CPUs, because the technology isn't there to make them think and act like a human player. If that's not enough, Amiibos get stronger as they learn, and by "stronger", I mean "hax". They get buffs to damage, knockback, and maybe speed, I'm not sure. Of course, for a high-level players, this makes them even worse than CPUs. So not only are they mostly irrelevant for their intended purpose, the way they were presented to the public is borderline false advertising.
*Amiibo quality. Nintendo promised high-quality figures of their most loved, well-known characters and delivered someone's deformed 3rd grade clay art project. Every amiibo I care about is deformed in some way. Sure, they look fine from 7 feet away at a bad angle, but when you closely inspect them, the shoddy molds are really apparent. Even stranger, about half of them have deformities that are unique to that amiibo. How do you mass-produce something where the entire run is seconds? It's truly a marvel of engineering.

*3DS has no games. Well, no physical games. It has plenty of hyped games, but most of them are still in Japan (see gripe #3) or eShop-only. I refuse to buy digital console games, because when the servers get shut down (like the Wii's and DS's already have been), I have to hope that my system's memory never gets corrupted or I'll lose all my games. I don't buy nearly as many PC games as I used to because you can't buy physical anymore. The only reason I even buy the few I do is because PC games are so laughably easy to pirate that I can be practically guaranteed to always have access to them, as long as I remember to back them up. Last I checked, there still isn't a way to play DSi eShop games, so if it's gone, it's gone.

*Nintendo's stance on IP. IP law is ****ed. It has been written by the businessmen for the businessmen, with no thought given to the average user besides "How can we squeeze even more money out of them now?". Thanks to broad laws lobbied by the MAFIAA, while Nintendo is technically within their rights to take down machinima and LPs, it doesn't mean that they're not being a really ****ty group for doing it.

*Nintendo's stance on IP, Part II: Shiver me timbers edition! I've bought a metric ****ton of games, and I've probably pirated about half as many more at some point in my life. Why? Mostly lack of availability or disposable income. No matter how much money you have, there's only so much of it you can spend on games. There's also a lot of rare and obscure games that are hard to find, or if you do find them you'll have to pay collector's (read: insane) prices for. A good example of this is Xenoblade. I was lucky enough to buy Xenoblade when it was new, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have hesitated to take a frigate down to the Pirate Bay and check it out. Sure, there's a 3DS version now, but at the time I would have laughed at anyone who tried to tell me that there'd be a handheld version of such a massive game in as little as 3 years after its NA release. I've also gone through less-legal means to find games I'd lost. I know they're around here somewhere, and I've since found all of them, but it was either that or no game. How about my version of Xenogears? It doesn't work anymore, thanks to label-side damage. It's a perfectly legitimate copy, but critical files are damaged in at least 2 places. Thanks to TPB and disk swapping, I can still enjoy my favorite game. Yes, it's on PSN, but the PSN version has problems. Even if I bought the PSN version anyways, I'd have the same problem as before when my hard drive crashes and the PS3 servers shut down.

*Nintendo's stance on IP, part III: This went off on a tangent, here's me bringing it back together edition. Putting all that aside, it's incorrect to assume that pirates and paying customers are mutually exclusive. I've gotten into several franchises I would have otherwise passed on had I not taken a trip to the cove to see what's what. When something really impressed me, I not only made a point to buy other games in that series, but also to check out some of the studio's other games, too. More than that, I'd recommend it to all my friends and advise them to buy it. Where am I going with all of this? Strong copyright is completely indefensible. Not only is it a really scummy practice to stop fans from celebrating your work, or to charge them for the privilege to do so, even the rhetorical basis for these ridiculous laws doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Nintendo's continued support of these absurd rules, and aggressively using them to squeeze money from us after we've bought their stuff, shows how little they think of their fans. At this point, I see Nintendo as little better than EA or Ubisoft, and I've been boycotting them for years for a lot less. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to buy whatever Nintendo's next system is, whether it's a handheld, a console, or some ******** phone app (by the way, **** you for abandoning your hardcore fans for the casual babbies. Thanks for speeding your own demise, the industry doesn't need another scumbag EA/Ubisoft knockoff.).

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Let me see..

1- region lock
2- region lock
3- region lock
4- region lock
5- I cannot stress region lock enough. I'm originally from a country that sells NTSC products so all my consoles, handhelds, and games are NTSC. Now I moved into a european country and I have to throw all those away in order to get games locally. As a consumer that's pissing me off so much. I actually have to buy a European new 3DS soon so that I can play MM3D and MH3U along with Xenoblade.

6- did not do any effort to return some old, successful franchises such as: Metroid, Fox (although I hear a new game is in the works), F-Zero, probably a bunch more I'm forgetting

7- purposely trying to resort to gimmicks that are very inefficient in terms of consoles. The Wii was a lucky hit, it didn't work again for the WiiU. When the Wii was released and motion controls were out for the first time casuals loved the idea, but now casuals have moved on to smartphones, tablets, and kids the same. Why would kids want motion controls when they could play Angry Birds on the car, in the bathroom, or when all the adults are watching boring television? The gamepad was extremely unnecessary and just made things harder for both consumers and Nintendo themselves.

8- The poster above me highlighted this, but the situation with the GC adapters and Amiibo is ridiculous.

9- NoA's stupid decisions when it comes to localization; operation rainfall should not have been a thing. Those games should have been localized anyway, but NoA refused in the beginning. Thanks Reggie.

10- Nintendo's whole thing with Let's Plays and youtube and stuff, people are freely marketing their products but they wanna take it down.. sounds dumb to me. This also happened when they didn't want EVO to stream Melee in 2012 or 2013, when people got so pissed that 3 hours later Nintendo reverted their decision and Melee became the highest watched game in that EVO (and every EVO I believe).

In general Nintendo has the worst decision making in terms of all gaming companies today. I actually really hate Nintendo as a company but I love some of the games they make so I'm forced to have this love-hate relationship with them.

Edit: Oh, and I also forgot. FExSMT is the biggest disappointment I've EVER experienced in my 'career' as a gamer. They let us expect something epic ala SMTIV with FE gameplay mechanics, but the result was bull**** aimed at weebs, a new Persona, and highschool student anime bull**** game. I am so pissed about that. They also went from making excellent games in the Paper Mario series with A Thousand Year Door which I LOVED, to Paper Mario for the Wii, but then Paper Mario Sticker Star (for the 3DS) was terrible.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
7- purposely trying to resort to gimmicks that are very inefficient in terms of consoles. The Wii was a lucky hit, it didn't work again for the WiiU. When the Wii was released and motion controls were out for the first time casuals loved the idea, but now casuals have moved on to smartphones, tablets, and kids the same. Why would kids want motion controls when they could play Angry Birds on the car, in the bathroom, or when all the adults are watching boring television? The gamepad was extremely unnecessary and just made things harder for both consumers and Nintendo themselves.
To be fair, the DS was hugely gimmicky (I honestly thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen when it first came out) and I feel like the Wii U was an attempt to reuse that gimmick on a bigger scale.

But yeah, I get that Nintendo wants to find ways to keep their consoles from being the same exact thing as MS and Sony's consoles but with Mario but some times it feels like they try a bit too hard.

Edit: Oh, and I also forgot. FExSMT is the biggest disappointment I've EVER experienced in my 'career' as a gamer. They let us expect something epic ala SMTIV with FE gameplay mechanics, but the result was bull**** aimed at weebs, a new Persona, and highschool student anime bull**** game.
I think that's more Atlus' fault, since they're developing the game. I'll be honest, that trailer made my saltier than a salty salt shaker covered in salt entirely because the teaser promised something closer in tone to SMT. If they had been flat out honest from the start and called it Persona x Fire Emblem I wouldn't have really minded. I actually like the Persona series, but that trailer clearly was not Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. Hell, it's hardly even Fire Emblem from what I can tell.

Although it doesn't matter how much I complain because I'll probably end up buying the game anyway.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Ignore this post.

EDIT: Also, if someone could find a way to get ride of the quote code at the end of the above post for me that would be fantastic. For whatever reason it won't let me.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Let me see..

Edit: Oh, and I also forgot. FExSMT is the biggest disappointment I've EVER experienced in my 'career' as a gamer. They let us expect something epic ala SMTIV with FE gameplay mechanics, but the result was bull**** aimed at weebs, a new Persona, and highschool student anime bull**** game. I am so pissed about that. They also went from making excellent games in the Paper Mario series with A Thousand Year Door which I LOVED, to Paper Mario for the Wii, but then Paper Mario Sticker Star (for the 3DS) was terrible.
What about the DS? That was a gimmicky console as well, but I did like it because it had an awesome library of games. As much as I don't find the gamepad that bad, it did drive many away whether it's the consumer or a developer. Sometimes I wish Nintendo made a regular controller, but at least there's the Pro Controller. Too bad most games had you rely on the gamepad anyway, so there's still that problem.

I hate that Japanese games these days have to resort to otaku pandering. It's one of the reasons why I didn't like SS all that much compared to other Zeldas. It felt like a high school anime to me.

Sticker Star was indeed garbage, but Super Paper Mario was pretty decent. Hopefully Intelligent Systems will make a proper Paper Mario game that actually stays true to the first two games someday.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
The thing with the DS compared to WiiU is that the DS was an easy platform for developers to make games for, and there are actual games and extremely large third party support AND backwards compatibility so you can actually play GBA games on it, in addition to the fact that there was basically no competitor for it. The PSP came out a bit later than the DS, was a lot more expensive (by over $100 iirc) and had no games.

Top Bottom