• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What gets YOU pumped for Brawl?

cc6150

Smash Rookie
What I want to know is what makes you truly excited for the next installment of the Smash Bros. series. Is it a certain type of update? The E for All videos? Something else?

What makes my anticipation for Brawl skyrocket is the Show Me Your News Podcast and playing Melee. While listening to the podcast hearing all the speculation and questions posed by the updates presented in a truly intelligent way, with some humor here or there, makes me so excited to see if some predictions come true, or how the vision of Brawl we have in our heads differs from the material copy. While playing Melee as the release of Brawl is quickly approaching I know that ill move on, which is in no way a bad thing, and somehow that causes me to hardly be able to wait.

So... post your thoughts!

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
What gets me excited is just the fact that there are new characters, stages, modes, basically everything which opens up new ways to play. I loved Melee and just the simple fact that they are improving everything and adding new things is enough to make the wait that much harder.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
See above answer by Leviscus.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Thinking about the fact that they've had the time to properly balance the characters, unlike in Melee.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
What get me hyped up for brawl......

1. E for All vids
2. The DOJO site
3. New Characters, features, gameplay and others
4. Show Me Your News podcast

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Dojo updates, but specifically new characters (yay pictures!), music (love it all), and movies.

Oh, and the fact that it's a new Smash Bros. game. A NEW SMASH BROS. GAME!!!

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I'm really excited to see the 2 heroes face off, people have been waiting for years to see these two fight and now they finally can! YES! Dedede and Ike! lol stolen from smash kingdom.

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
Everything, but especially all the new characters to play as, co-op event mode, stage builder, and coin launcher.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Well, character and SSE updates are what really gets me pumped. The amount of depth, work, care, etc. being put into this game is awesome!!!

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
Everything that's been revealed in the Smash Dojo site thus far. From Final Smashes, new stages and new contenders (namely Ike, Pit, Snake & Sonic).

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I think people said it already but I want to say it myself:

-New characters
-New moves
-New stages
-SSE
-Stage Builder
-A good multi-player game for the Wii

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
What I want to know is what makes you truly excited for the next installment of the Smash Bros. series. Is it a certain type of update? The E for All videos? Something else?

What makes my anticipation for Brawl skyrocket is the Show Me Your News Podcast and playing Melee. While listening to the podcast hearing all the speculation and questions posed by the updates presented in a truly intelligent way, with some humor here or there, makes me so excited to see if some predictions come true, or how the vision of Brawl we have in our heads differs from the material copy. While playing Melee as the release of Brawl is quickly approaching I know that ill move on, which is in no way a bad thing, and somehow that causes me to hardly be able to wait.

So... post your thoughts!
SMYN sometimes, a really good update on the dojo, or a good fan made movie. I saw a movie called prepare to brawl or sumthing, it was a fan trailer, like what you would see in the movies, and i saw it on a thread here, and it was sooooo good, it made me soooo want brawl!!!

SonicMario

Smash Master
The fact that Sonic the Hedgehog is in Brawl.. and can kick major @$$. Not to mention the avaliability of Sonic & Mario teaming up in fights. Preferable more better then them Versing eachother IMO.

And I guess the SubS Emissiary gets me PUMPED UP for Brawl too... if you don't want something orginal of me

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely thrown in stitches by any relevatory updates - It's a total thrill to see the chaos that ensues whenever Masahiro tosses a biggun our way. I'm not even too kinked by the massive stuff, but the fan uproar - that gets me in the gut hard.

I can't wait to work on my technique again. I worried about perfecting waveshines in fear that they'd be kicked out for balance in Brawl. However, now I can kick all my energy into developing skills because there won't be any revamps for some time.

Even better though, is the parties - Rocking a ton of controllers with some of my best droogs is a blast. I'm gonna' kick off launch with a bit of a shindig.

Brawl isn't gonna' be a game, it's about to be a way of life.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
I just CAN'T WAIT to unlock all those hidden characters, and find out what their new moves are AND what Final Smashes they have! AND all the hidden stages! Basicly I just can't wait to find out everything I don't know1!!!!11!

lain

Smash Master
because i can't wait to stop traveling to tournaments and actually SEEING people for tourneys!

oh wait, no i won't.

Zek

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to pretty much everything related to Brawl, but mostly I'm hyped for three things:

1.) Online play
2.) New characters/rebalanced old character(i.e. Kirby)
3.) Changes to game speed/physics

Everything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

Top Bottom