• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What games get you really sentimental?

Ryankun89

Smash Rookie
NNID
NegativeFX89
3DS FC
4012-4089-1720
I always liked those old Disney games on the NES/SNES outsourced to VG devs at the time.

Duck Tales, Toy Story, Aladdin, and Lion King to name a few.

Also played the hell out of Mega Man X back in the day.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I've been gaming constantly since 1990... so I have a ton of fond memories for games. I won't be able to list them all here, haha. From the Sonic series on Genesis, Mario games, Harvest Moon, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Pacman, and Pokemon... I've had a great life full of amazing games.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Breath of Fire II was my first game I remember (I was young, lol) and that concept of Dragons sticks with me even today.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Yoshi's Island and Super Metroid always give me the shivers with their respective intros. I've played those games many, many times, and yet they never cease to feel 'dated' for me.

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
Probably my biggest sentimental game would be Bubble Bobble for the NES. I remember as a child before the internet finding every level code the old fashioned way. You know, by going through every combination that was possible and writing it down. It is the only NES game that I own that has the box and instruction book.

Other games that I loved that I get sentimental about is Mortal Kombat and Xenogears and Legend of Legaia.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The hype I had for this game, and the fun I've had with it, will never not be real. I still remember watching Sonic "come from far away at supersonic speed" repeatedly after he was announced.

2. Resident Evil.
Yep.
I got Resident Evil along with Super Mario Sunshine and PSO on the GameCube at the same time. Well, Sunshine was for me, PSO for my parents (they played Everquest) and Resident Evil for dad.
As a result of peeking at him playing it, this game haunted me in my nightmares and such for years before I played it when I was around 12.
And you know what? I never enjoyed a game more. I challenged my fears and ended up with a game whose aesthetic, characters, music and gameplay I have a never-ending respect and adoration for.

Sometimes I still have nightmares about it. Good nightmares.

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker / Ocarina of Time.

I like Twilight Princess more, as a game but especially for a certain really great character, but I simply have a permanent emotional attachment to these games. The ending theme of OoT and it's version of Zelda's Lullaby quite literally, make me "cri evrytiem".
(Especially the new Staff Credits 2 in OoT3D, all these years and finally the Zelda theme is in OoT).

4. The Last of Us. Ellie.

5. Demon's Souls. Man, I just really, really love this game. It is just perfect.

6. Phantasy Star Online. Everything about this game makes me incredibly and purely happy, it's design, it's music, everything. I've never even played it online, either.

7. Super Mario 64 / Sunshine. I think everyone is at least a little sentimental for the former.

Note: Taking sentimental to mean general emotional attachment to.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The hype I had for this game, and the fun I've had with it, will never not be real. I still remember watching Sonic "come from far away at supersonic speed" repeatedly after he was announced.
Man...the hype for that game was real.

I remember I went away for like a week and a half with no internet and desperate to see what was new. I even went to an internet cafe to go on the site.

And then when the Japanese leaks came in...it was like this weird excavation. Everyone was like "here's a pic of Falco" and people tried to see if it was real or not. And I even remember some posting about "Bomberman sightings" during the days and wanted confirmations. No one could tell what was real and what wasn't and it was like this crazy party.

Top Bottom