• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What games do you play competitively, besides Smash if applicable?

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm an avid contributor to the OM subforums in Smogon. Been contributing in Smogon for like 3 years now. Just got back into smash recently haha.
Sorry man, Greninja ain't banned here. Welcome, though!

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
Nice, what 6s or Highlander? What division?
I played Highlander Iron Engie, played half a season, and I went uncredited (due to my name being messed up, also never got my medal :( )

Twewy

Smash Lord
I played Highlander Iron Engie, played half a season, and I went uncredited (due to my name being messed up, also never got my medal :( )
Damn shame. I've said it a couple times already but I subbed for Iron and Steel, only got around to two matches though. I played Pyro and Sniper. Sucked as both, got out-Sniper'd tons of times.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I transitioned from Smash Bros. to Street Fighter a while ago, but I still occasionally enter events for Project M.

Thief_

Smash Rookie
I'm a competitive CSGO player, and I gotta say, going from FPS to Fighters is really difficult aha

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, other than Smash? (which I play semi-competitively)
Mario Kart 8.
Yep.
That's it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I've been into competitive Mario Kart Wii since 2011, also continue to play it on the Wiimmfi servers.

;Juice-And-Eggs;

Smash Rookie
I also play Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Can't wait for 2.0 to drop on consoles (GET HYPED). I'm also trying to get good at Guilty Gear Xrd and Under Night In-Birth.

silkys

Smash Cadet
I played TF2 6v6 for like 2 years and then transitioned to competitive CS:GO. I was pretty bad at both and didn't like the insane amount of pressure it took to organize a team and keep up with everyone and not let people down. Now I'm playing Smash because I don't really have to worry about my progress in comparison to others as long as I'm having fun and practicing a healthy amount.

Crawfiish

Smash Cadet
I went hardcore into TF2 competitive for about two years like a lot of other people here, silver scout for a few seasons.

Unfortunately the TF2 scene dug itself a grave with its metagame

6s is fast-paced and and exciting. But there is no meta-development, as there are tons of weapon bans, lots without valid reason
HL is boring and campy, but it embraces weapon customization. Unfortunately 9 players makes for more campy games than 6 player games...

In other words you either have a game that's fun to talk about but not fun to watch, or vice versa.

Another issue was a lack of personality. Some top players like Taggerung were a bit more vocal and made people interested, but for the most part there aren't any Mang0s or Leffens or M2Ks or even good commentators for that matter. The commentators are even more bland than League esports, even though there are zero big name sponsors in TF2

Last edited:

silkys

Smash Cadet
Another issue was a lack of personality. Some top players like Taggerung were a bit more vocal and made people interested, but for the most part there aren't any Mang0s or Leffens or M2Ks or even good commentators for that matter. The commentators are even more bland than League esports, even though there are zero big name sponsors in TF2
Yeah this was a big turn off with TF2 for me. On top of that there wasn't really any connection to those people unless you PUG every day all the time or are invite. In other words it's ****ing terrible

CArniE

Smash Cadet
NNID
TokioCore
When i get breaks i play LoL alot, not really feeling the game any more tho. I got masters and quit once the semester started up again.

CMonster1221

Smash Rookie
NNID
CMonster1221
I play Street Fighter Competitively and Starting to pick up a little smash.

Twewy

Smash Lord
6s is fast-paced and and exciting. But there is no meta-development, as there are tons of weapon bans, lots without valid reason
I agree. I'm actually starting to think Natascha is banned because it's really good at stopping Scouts/explosive jumpers. And since everyone in a typical 6s team but the Medic is a Scout/explosive jumper... Really, from my experience, it seems like anything that isn't a Medic unlock or the Boston Basher gets frowned upon in that style of play. I can see things like Beggar's and Cow Mangler are banned though. They encourage spam a lot more. That's Demoman's job after all.

HL is boring and campy, but it embraces weapon customization. Unfortunately 9 players makes for more campy games than 6 player games...
Though, I have to mostly disagree with this. Highlander has never felt too campy for me, in fact I personally prefer playing it due to the amount of teamwork it requires. IMO I feel it pushes the "team" in the game's name much more, as you have every member of the 9 class team fulfilling jobs and cooperating much more instead of "Soldier+Demoman guards Medic, Scouts+Soldier roams. Of course, I feel a bit hypocritical towards that, as my matches as a Pyro sub were mostly spent guarding Engineer/ Heavy+Medic from spies. I do enjoy the fact there's more available options for each class though.

And, I gotta agree with you on the fact it's dying. These days most of the veterans are leaving, and the ones who seem capable of being good in pugs just stick to pubs and pubstomp+spam their "sick epic maymay lennyface" binds.

AUS

Smash Cadet
I've dabbled into some CS:GO competitive from time to time, want to get into Persona 4 Arena competitively but there are not that many tournaments around.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
I don't play smash competively. i used to play Sniper in UGC gold and backup 6s Scout for CEVO.

i don't really play comp any more. i just make noobs rage on this one orange server i go to all the time

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
Just SSB and Pokemon. It can be hard doing random matchups though, since I don't normally use legendaries. I probably do Wonder Trade and GTS more, though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
SWF used to have pretty big P4A tourneys. Sadly the interest started disappearing for people in the second game.

I'm getting back into it recently since I plan on going to Evo.

;Juice-And-Eggs;

Smash Rookie
SWF used to have pretty big P4A tourneys. Sadly the interest started disappearing for people in the second game.

I'm getting back into it recently since I plan on going to Evo.
I'm planning to go too! Regarding P4U2's popularity, since 2.0 is coming out on consoles soon (dunno when hopefully before evo), I can tell that people are gonna return at least for a few months or so before going back to Xrd.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just don't plan on going to Disney World.
Why not? I greatly enjoyed visiting Disney World over the New Year of 2003-04. I also tended to like everything that I saw because I was 6 at the time, but that's beside the point.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I came here because I heard there's P4AU and Xrd!

Pretty much Melee, PM, Brawl, Smash 4, I'll play whatever. I'm not much of a competitor since I run the tournaments in my area.
I also enjoy anime fighters because they tend to offer that same feeling of freedom and mobility that I get from Smash.
And I guess I dabble in CSS/CSGO, SC2, DDR/ITG?

I really just want to find people to play lol.

Lopopka

The Wizards Assistant
Sure thing, just as long as you're not a zero bar lol. Blazblue is not my cup of tea though...
i"ve never heard of that term b4 lol im guessing thats someone who just does infinites all the time lol is your tag the same on ps3 as it is on here?

;Juice-And-Eggs;

Smash Rookie
i"ve never heard of that term b4 lol im guessing thats someone who just does infinites all the time lol is your tag the same on ps3 as it is on here?
zero bar I mean like bad connection. The icon next to a person's PSN name tells their connection to you, from 4 and white being the best, to 0 and red being the worst. PSN is JAE_216. I haven't been playing much lately due to studies and SAT, but spring break for me is like three weeks from now.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Besides Smash, I also play competitive Pokémon and Team Fortress 2. I would play Competitive Fire Emblem, if Awakening let you actually BATTLE TEAMS LOCALLY AND ONLINE without that pseudo fight you friends AI stuff.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Right now just smash. used to be really into blazblue but couldn't keep up due to life circumstances keeping me seperated from the game for most of a year and then chrono phantasma came out as a ps3 exclusive which i don't have so yeah.(also used to play SSF2HDR before it's community died and also persona 4 arena I also used to play pokemon competitively from late emerald to the end of gen iv but i just didn't lke the direction the game was going in with the steady power creep over the course of platinum and then hg/ss leading up to gen v's ridiculous hardhitters. smogon's once reasonable management i also found went kind of crazy with the unjust banning of salamence at the very end of gen iv and the insane tiering rehaul in gen v onwards. i did come back eventually in gen v despite initially being turned off and infact came to enjoy weather wars in it's own right.(which IMO infact saved the game from being mindless hyper offense) however, starting with x & y i just can't keep track of the game anymore and find it's a big silly mess IMO.(I dabble in ORAS UU occasionally but i don't take it very seriously)

Last edited:

BlazikenGod

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBlazikenGod
3DS FC
4270-2333-8179
Competitive TF2 i guess.
Also i've been trying to get into SMITE but that's taking a while.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I used to play competitive Pokemon through Smogon two years ago. I rememebr I even had a score of, like, 1450 at Pokemon Showdown.

Top Bottom