• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What frame cancelling means for Zelda.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
For those of you who haven't seen yet: http://smashboards.com/threads/frame-cancel.386639/

Essentially, the technique requires you to fastfall with an aerial. If the move's hitlag and landing occur at the same time, a psuedo L-cancel occurs, dramatically reducing landing lag.

Of course, with our princess's lightning kicks, there's high potential for this technique to prove useful to us. Already, it's been used to create combos off of Falco and Ganondorf's (GANONDORF'S!!!) down airs, as well as Falcon's knee, among others.

As of now, the discussion about Zelda on the topic has lead to a dead end with this, as unfortunate as it sounds:

bair>farore was the very first thought I had when I saw this thread, but Zelda's so floaty it makes it annoyingly hard to frame cancel with her :<
I have yet to do much testing on the bair/fair, but I believe that our dair does have potential aplenty with this technique. Some possible combos I've been trying to nail down include bair>dtilt>etc. at low percents, and bair>usmash/utilt once the opponent starts bouncing off the ground.

Fellow weilders of the Triforce of Wisdom, what have you to say?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I tried to get it to work earlier today, and I found it really hard to get the DAir version. I did get the FAir/BAir version a few times, but it was of course frame perfect.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I actually did fair>farore, though I posted it in the social thread here instead of in that thread:

I'm spending too much time in training.

bair>farore didn't true combo, I didn't actually realize until afterward that bair had more landing lag.

Last edited:

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
I do it on a c-stickless 3DS, but I'd bet it's just a little easier with a c-stick.
I think it's better to just do it with what you're used to. I strictly don't use the c-stick for arials because then I have to take my thumb away from the Y/X buttons for jump

mighty bean

Smash Cadet
Are you guys using the c-stick for fast falling with the aerial, or does it not matter?
Dunno if you're still interested, but I've actually been using both thumbsticks to do a sort of pseudo p-link with the fast fall. I find that it's easy to cancel dair by just mashing both thumbsticks downward. It's a little bit harder to do with fair though.

Top Bottom