• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What exactly is the meaning of Taunt, Crouch, and Random Item Parties?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I understand that these are fun and all, but why do people do them so often?

Often times I enter a room with a bunch of Taunters/Crouchers... it's annoying and ruins the (already poor) online experience for others.

On a side note, why the crouch parties? I know about cybering and all, but...

GimmieCookie

Smash Cadet
Mehbeh they've been all together in the same group for four hours straight and feel like being pointless and stupid (in a funny way) to take a break from actual brawling?

Just a thought.

Tub

Smash Apprentice
it appeases the fish lords, who in return give you a better connection... wait, no thats somthing else. i guess its just a good way to burn time

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
are you kidding?

four sonics spamming you're too SLOW!!! over and over again is almost epic as "god" (mk+snake)

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie
There is something called fun in a game. After seriously playing people for hours and hours it gets a bit dull and crouch/taunt partys give you a break.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
On a side note, why the crouch parties? I know about cybering and all, but...
Lol this got quoted alot. :-P

But I do not think that crouch partys are cybering lol. At least I am not cybering when I am doing one.... Though R.O.B. is one hell of a sexy Robot....

Anyway, its just because WiFi Random requires almost no skill and is almost all about luck. And I only like competition when you actually use skill so.... But yeah, those noobs who play seriously on WiFi Random do ruin the fun. So when some people play seriously, I just choose someone and then I let myself get attacked by him and I suicide. And I repeat this again and again. So basicly that guy wins with scores like +11 all the whole time....

Have fun competiting, noobs! :chuckle:

Mew2Thing

Smash Rookie
I only do friend battles, I just hate that people try to waste your time (I've never been in a crouching party-crouchers don't like me :) ).

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I only do friend battles, I just hate that people try to waste your time (I've never been in a crouching party-crouchers don't like me :) ).

I agree, if people are going to play the game like this then there should be an area online where people can be as stupid and idiotic as they wish. Im not flameing these people but my sence of fun is haveing a decent challange online, not just taunting and croutching online. If you need a break, then leave! Dont waste my time and other people's time by being such noobs

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Usually Taunt/crouch parties eventually lead to glitch parties, I've learned some cool ones from it. Come to think of it, I should show how well I've gotten with the Jet Hammer Shuffle...

Top Bottom