• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What exactly happened here?

bingbongbang

Smash Rookie
So I was playing a for glory match, and I get spiked down after ejecting from my copter... and I figured I was toast. But I managed to... walljump? I guess? I can't replicate it in training mode, and Bowser Jr isn't on SmashWikis page of characters that can wall jump.
I really don't understand what happened or how. I was just sort of pushing buttons in a panicked frenzy at that point. I apologize if this is an obvious question, but it's really puzzling me hard.

Here's a link to the video and at the correct time marker. I don't know how to make gifs sorry :(

https://youtu.be/j7KPVPnjjAQ?t=1m46s

D

Deleted member

Clearly can see a walljump there, looks like you made a discovery. Or maybe a special Tech.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
it just looks like you teched the wall. i might be wrong, but if i am correct, some of your momentum carries with you when you tech a wall, thus making it seem like you wall jumped

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Yeah wall jump techs are incredibly useful for Bjr. With a normal tech after abandon ship, you don't really tech you just regain your clown kart, but it doesn't really matter because you're likely going to die anyway. BUT with a wall jump tech you regain the kart AND you have the actual effects of a tech. Super good to practice.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You just teched the wall. Basically what happened is that, because of your DI, you went towards the wall instead of going straight down from the spike and managed to tech it correctly to recover instead of just bouncing off.

Top Bottom