• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What ever happened to Mario Circuit?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What ever happened to Mario Circuit? It was revealed in the second trailer last year, but we never got an update for it on the Dojo... I wonder why?

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
The Halberd stage wasn't updated until after a year when we saw it on the E3 trailer. Don't worry, im sure Mario circuit will be revealed sooner or later.

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
You're right, even Battleship Halberd is on the site. Oh well, we have four more months of updates, it'll squeeze its way in there.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, even though the Halbred wasn't updated until way later some of the screenshots posted up for various other updates (like character profiles) had pictures of characters playing on it... we haven't heard anything about Mario Circuit for quite some time. I think it's very possible it was removed. Perphaps in favor for a Mario Kart Wii stage?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It fell to into a plot hole and died. (Don't ask about a race course's life cycle lol)

:p

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, even if it was removed, they will probably replace it with another kart game, they have a lot, and it was a really cool idea.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
they wouldn't have shown it if they intended on removing it im sure. we have four months of updates now....four long agonizing months...

...ugh...

Mama

Smash Ace
If it was on the verge of being removed they now have a chance to tweak it as need be and make it ...un-removed? (for lack of a better word lol).

I see no reason to hope for its removal. If you don't like it don't play their simple as that.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
dont bring up f-zero here.....ug, sorry
but mario circut(or mario kart stage) is awsome.....i think in brawl stages, its all about the hazards...look at every stage so far...

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Why would they just scrap it? Too much development time went into that for it to be scrapped just like that. I am very sure it will be updated really soon.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
i dont want it. i think the c falcon one with fzero cars racing buy wasnt that great. if its going to be the exact same thing only mario themed, well, i can do without.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i dont want it. i think the c falcon one with fzero cars racing buy wasnt that great. if its going to be the exact same thing only mario themed, well, i can do without.
the thing is though........MARIO KART IS WAYYYYYY BETTER THAN F-ZERO
sorry guys, but its true

errtu

Smash Apprentice
to be honest that stage kinda sucked man. i'll be glad if they take it out of the game. though they probably won't since they use smash bros to advertise other games, since it;s coming out in the near future (mario kart) they will include it

mario66

Smash Cadet
Dude, we still haven't got crawling profilied, yet, and look how long it tooke for Snake to come. And Meta-Knight. And Kirby's final smash.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
the thing is though........MARIO KART IS WAYYYYYY BETTER THAN F-ZERO
sorry guys, but its true
Please chocke yourself.

Anywho...

The Mario Circuit stage will probably be updated after every franchise gets at least one stage on the site. So, wait for Norfair, the F-Zero stage, and Sonic's stage.

Simple logic will suffice.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
There were plenty of early screenshots of Melee levels that look a lot different from their final incarnations.
It could be that Sakurai doesn't want to show Mario Circuit yet because it isn't finalized yet - maybe all the racers aren't gonna be Shyguys, or maybe he's trying to get the number of racers right, or put more background elements in, or incorporate aspects of Mario Kart Wii into it - any number of these features might be something not completed yet, but would be visually noticeable in screenshots and therefore would make for an incomplete level in the pictures on the update.

Or, you know, Sakurai just likes surprising us with random timing for everything. Days after we find out Norfair is a stage, we get not an update for that (or MC, or a sonic stage), but New Pork City. Dude's crazy.

:034:

Smash Hero
We'll get it. I think Sakurai's just going by all the franchises first before giving us a stage from another franchise. So we'll probably get Norfair, the IC Stage (Icicle Mountain?) and a Sonic stage first.

Unless we get more characters from a different franchise after that....

Or it's just completly random and Sakurai's insane like me.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai's just going by all the franchises first before giving us a stage from another franchise..
That's true, which is also a good thing. I think it would be better to wait until every character first has their represented level added before he goes on putting more for each franchise.

Even though we can all safely bet there's gonna be like 9 Mario levels.. :ohwell:

PeeP

Smash Apprentice
I bet he just holding back to amaze us later with the new revamped extremely detailed new version.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I hope they actually do spicen it up a bit, I thought it looked pretty boring from what I saw, especially the dull background and the clones of shyguys.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Based on the screen shots I've seen (which were very few) I think they could of done better on the racer charater part of the stage. Like why do they have all shy guys? If they can't put the kart charecters cuz they in brawl then they should atleast put like koopa's and goomba's or somthin'....umm maybe not goomba's cuz they ain't got no hands to drive haha.

Top Bottom