• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What ever happened to Geno?

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
ask Fatmanonice, or another member of the Geno Alliance if you dont believe me.
edit: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72298
look at the sheer amount of pages. there were some people who just posted once to show their support. many forums had their own support threads for him. he was one of the most wanted characters.
Jesus, I'm not gonna sift through 1176 pages to find maybe one post by a random member that's really just speculation being spouted as fact.

If you want to argue, post some kind of confirmation of your claims that Paper Mario was originally being developed by Square and not Intelligent Systems, as early as before the (pre-N64) Sony/Nintendo split, and that it was originally going to be SMRPG2. Those are the claims I'm disputing here, not whether or not there were many diehard Geno fanatics.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i said right in the post "Fatmanonice" for someone with Geno information, and i was just giving the link as an example that there were plenty of Geno fans everywhere.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
SOMONE SAYS THAT PAPER MARIO WAS GOING TO BE SMRPG2 SO THEY HAVE TO BE TELLING THE TRUTH.

No one on the internet ever lies.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
Geno for life! Its a shame that square enix is so stuck up. SMRPG was probably my favorite rpg of all time.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
So Square is stuck up? Maybe Nintendo/HAL/Sakurai didn't WANT Geno in the game for some reason?

Blame whoever you want for it but considering his obscurity, I would be surprised if the developers ever explicitly gave any hint that would lead us to believe it was possible.

Believe me, I would've loved to see Geno in ANY game, let alone Smash, but it's such a far-fetched idea that I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Okay, this is major. I found a new interview with Sakurai stating that there will be DLC in Brawl and that the new characters announcement is true. It was unnanounced who they were, but he did say that all the old Melee characters are returning along with 4 newcomers and two of Smash64's stages!

Interview posted below.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
Thank you for being a douche. I have that link memorized. You cannot Rick Roll me that easily.

The Director

Smash Lord
I think the real question here is whether or not Geno will be in Smash 4.

Geno's not in Brawl, was never going to be, there's no DLC and Sakurai could give 2 ****s about what fans want. THE END. (until the next game)

Top Bottom