• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Does Link Look More Like in WiiU?

What does Link look more like in SSB4 Wii U Edition?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I like to see SSB4 as a improved version of his Twilight Princess appareance, but i would have preferered to see again the OoT designs way more, at least for Link and Ganondorf, though i like TP Zelda's design more.

Last edited:

CiV

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheOneAndOnlyCiV
3DS FC
1134-8718-5555
He looks like a combination of two, but considering the fact that the two really don't look that different (apart from the face) from each other, I'd say it's more of a hybrid of the two.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd say he is certainly much closer to Twilight Princess Link than Skyward Sword Link (although the lightness certainly points toward SS Link). However, I think he also has aspects of OoT Link (outfit aside, of course) in him (even though TP Link is obviously OOT-like).

So I'd say he's a meshing of them all, making for a Link that is somewhat ambiguous, which I actually really like. It makes for a Link, that instead of just being the Link representing the last installment in the series, that represents more than one title.

So I very much like the ambiguity.

Hopefully my point made sense... >.<

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'd say he is certainly much closer to Twilight Princess Link than Skyward Sword Link (although the lightness certainly points toward SS Link). However, I think he also has aspects of OoT Link (outfit aside, of course) in him (even though TP Link is obviously OOT-like).

So I'd say he's a meshing of them all, making for a Link that is somewhat ambiguous, which I actually really like. It makes for a Link, that instead of just being the Link representing the last installment in the series, that represents more than one title.

So I very much like the ambiguity.

Hopefully my point made sense... >.<
I think the brighter colours are just more the game engine around the design and the general art style of the game

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think the brighter colours are just more the game engine around the design and the general art style of the game
Well, perhaps I should have said more than 'colors', because I think the overall textures are more light more akin to SS Link.

SuperSmashBrother

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3523-2286-3241
It is obviously the Twilight Princess Link. If you notice on the webpage, you'll see his bombs and bow look nothing like the ones in Skyward Sword. In fact, they look exactly the same from Twilight Princess. Also look at his arm. Since when did the Skyward Sword Link ever wore brown armor on his hand through out the game? Never. In Twilight Princess he did. Also look at his boots and pants. The pants are not as saggy looking like Skyward Swords' nor are his boots that long in Skywards Sword. Twilight Princess Link does. Ssb4 Link has a design on his boots. Skywards Sword Link doesnt't and Twilight Princess Link does. Same goes for his hat. Notice the design on the shield of Ssb4 Link. If you look closely at the bottom of the red triforce crescent, you'll see it has 2 metalic designs. The shield in Twilight princess has these same metalic designs and the Skyward Sword shield lacks the metalic designs below the red triforce crescent. Also look how the Ssb4 Link holds his sword. He is left handed in the game. In Skyward Sword Link is right handed to match up with the Wii control. And even though Link is right handed on Twilight Princess as well, don't forget there was a Game Cube version of the game in which Link was left handed in that game. Now why does the colors of Link seem to be similar to that of Skyward Sword? Because of the lighting of the game. It's obvious that with Super Smash Bros 4 game graphics and lightning will affect the characters appearances, some of them, in which Link is affected by the colors and graphical design. One last thing, Zelda is from Twilight Princess. What does that have to do with Link? Well it wouldn't make sense having the Twilight Princess Zelda with the Skyward Sword Link. So that's a lot of points for Twilight Princess and 0 for Skyward Sword. Now who still thinks this is the Skyward Sword Link?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think he's a mix of both actually, or maybe like a Skyward Swordified Twilight Princess Link.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Is this thread really still going? It's the Twilight Princess design, but in a new style. I don't know how it's possible to see it as anything else.
Because it looks different enough from the Brawl model(which was a straight rip from Twilight Princess) that it seemed to clearly be a different model. Especially in the E3 trailer, he looks WAY diferent than his Brawl/TP model. The biggest difference was the hair. In TP, Link's hair was kind of a brown-blonde color, and was clearly divided in to different "chunks." This was most likely due the the limited power of the Wii/Gamecube, but still, as in the E3 trailer, Link's hair was a bit darker brown, and had emphasis on individual strands, as well as having much longer/poofier bangs in front of his eyes. As more and more screens of him released, it became clear that it was in fact based on the TP model, but much better looking thank's to the power of the Wii U. It's also why his 3DS model seems to be an exact replica of Brawl's model, just with a lower poly count. His hair still looks a bit different than before, making me(and others) think that it may actually be his design in the unannounced Zelda U, which may or may not be a sequel to TP, much like Majora's Mask was, or Phantom Hourglass.

TL;DR: He looks a bit different, so we thought he was different. But that was a long time ago, and most of us have accepted that we were wrong.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Because it looks different enough from the Brawl model(which was a straight rip from Twilight Princess) that it seemed to clearly be a different model. Especially in the E3 trailer, he looks WAY diferent than his Brawl/TP model. The biggest difference was the hair. In TP, Link's hair was kind of a brown-blonde color, and was clearly divided in to different "chunks." This was most likely due the the limited power of the Wii/Gamecube, but still, as in the E3 trailer, Link's hair was a bit darker brown, and had emphasis on individual strands, as well as having much longer/poofier bangs in front of his eyes. As more and more screens of him released, it became clear that it was in fact based on the TP model, but much better looking thank's to the power of the Wii U. It's also why his 3DS model seems to be an exact replica of Brawl's model, just with a lower poly count. His hair still looks a bit different than before, making me(and others) think that it may actually be his design in the unannounced Zelda U, which may or may not be a sequel to TP, much like Majora's Mask was, or Phantom Hourglass.

TL;DR: He looks a bit different, so we thought he was different. But that was a long time ago, and most of us have accepted that we were wrong.
I could see how it might've been hard to tell that at first, but some people are still suggesting there are SS influences. I'm not seeing it. Not even in the colors.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yeah, this design is a hybrid between his Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword incarnation. Though it draws more from TP, since his pants are not as baggy and his boots are not short as his apperance in Skyward Sword. The only hints from his SS incarnation are in his under chainmail (whatever it's called) which is a little longer, a more open neck on his shirt and a lighter green color (though mostly because of the art direction of this game).
Otherwise, is more TP than SS, but SS's design was pretty much borrowed from TP in the first place.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Twilight Princess only for both versions.

The only reason that Skyward Sword-esque characteristics exist in his design is adaption to the new art style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom