• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does Japan think about this game?

Swil

Smash Apprentice
Well it seems everyone over here is whining like babies, but I am wondering if anyone knows how the competitive players in Japan feel about these changes?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
They probably love it. Smoother gameplay, lots of characters, hundreds of music tracks. What could you hate?

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I hope that they're acting better than most over here. . .
These people are sickening to listen to. . .
Ive seen some videos of people playing it in Japan and they seem to be having a blast ^ ^

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Unless you dig on japanese forums for smash and find a competitive melee/brawl crowd you're not going to hear much of any negativity. Just like here in America, unless you dig on some random forum where people specialize in tournament play of melee or brawl.... you're not going to hear much negativity.

Gojithefox

Smash Cadet
The magazines over there have apparently been rating it with perfect scores; higher, even, than Melee obtained at its release.

Edfishy

Smash Rookie
The magazines over there have apparently been rating it with perfect scores; higher, even, than Melee obtained at its release.

Perhaps because they haven't played Halo? (Just a thought.)

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Or.... they don't like halo because they're game market isn't as FPS based as USA's and random fratboy's everywhere in Japan AREN'T playing halo?

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
People are just annoyed because the techniques that they've been using/abusing for 6 years will soon be irrelevant, thus negativity.

If they were actually taking for what it is. A new game, the response would be alot more positive.

spindash

Smash Ace

Perhaps because they haven't played Halo? (Just a thought.)
The Japanese have played Halo, trust me. Famitsu gave it a 37/40 to my knowledge, which is still very good.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Ok what I really want to know is why have we not seen any videos of japanese players that are actually skilled? All the talented players fighting the 1v1 matches have been american...what the heck man?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I haven't had a chance to talk to Ikki, and CJ doesn't have the game, but Kei says it's great and is enjoying it very much.

smashbot226

Smash Master
They only like it because Metroid has only two reps, one if you don't count ZSS as a separate character.

And they only like it because of Lucas...
:psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

They also like it because of the third parties.

I mean, come on. Snake and Sonic in Japan is like Samus and Olimar in USA.

Wait that's somewhat of a stupid analogy to me...
:psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Apparently, the Japanese were just as annoyed with the roster as we were.

However, they seem to appreciate the game more since they actually have it and are experiencing its awesomeness for themselves.

Fimbulvetr

Smash Rookie
I think the 500,000 sold on the first day makes it pretty clear. For reference, Galaxy had roughly 250,000 over 4 days.

Pro players specifically, however, I have no idea.

Top Bottom