• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you want to see from my videos?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Ok, so it feels like I've covered most of the major techniques that we're currently aware of for Sheik. Obviously my channel is going to revolve solely around this character (and maybe Impa if she's confirmed...?), and I'll cover any big things for her as they're discovered. However, I'd like to take suggestions for what the next video could focus on. I'm not running out of material, as I plan on doing an individual match-up video for every character, Individual videos for every custom move, the redo videos once I get capture equipment and perhaps just general matches from my local scene (maybe with commentary?).

But in the mean-time while those things develop with the scene (e.g. I can't make match-up videos when basically every character is unexplored in terms of what they can do), I can prioritize other stuff we know or make videos to help demonstrate difficult techniques. Would you want a video covering lots of small techniques like RARing and jump-cancelled grabs? Or a little more explanation of stuff that's already known but difficult to pull off (I know I struggled a lot with Sheik's DACUS before I got it down)?
I'll take input from everyone and anyone, so feel free to request things that either you need or you think the community needs when concerning Sheik.

(A small note: I'm basically tied up with exams for about two weeks from today, so I'll be back into the swing of editing once those are over. I'll still check back here regularly though).

Jackson

Smash Lord
Ok, so it feels like I've covered most of the major techniques that we're currently aware of for Sheik. Obviously my channel is going to revolve solely around this character (and maybe Impa if she's confirmed...?), and I'll cover any big things for her as they're discovered. However, I'd like to take suggestions for what the next video could focus on. I'm not running out of material, as I plan on doing an individual match-up video for every character, Individual videos for every custom move, the redo videos once I get capture equipment and perhaps just general matches from my local scene (maybe with commentary?).

But in the mean-time while those things develop with the scene (e.g. I can't make match-up videos when basically every character is unexplored in terms of what they can do), I can prioritize other stuff we know or make videos to help demonstrate difficult techniques. Would you want a video covering lots of small techniques like RARing and jump-cancelled grabs? Or a little more explanation of stuff that's already known but difficult to pull off (I know I struggled a lot with Sheik's DACUS before I got it down)?
I'll take input from everyone and anyone, so feel free to request things that either you need or you think the community needs when concerning Sheik.

(A small note: I'm basically tied up with exams for about two weeks from today, so I'll be back into the swing of editing once those are over. I'll still check back here regularly though).
Hmm... honestly, I love watching your videos, so no matter what they're on, I'll be satisfied. That said, I think making a video dedicated to grabs would be awesome. Throw followups, Grab release to Bouncing Fish, roll cancel grab, boost grab, JC grab (still unsure if its in this game), pivot grabs, etc. Grabs are a huge facet of Sheik in this game and I think showing everybody some stuff about them would be good.

Last edited:

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I would suggest doing needles and everything involved with it. From wave bouncing/b reversing to reverse your momentum in mid air (as an anti juggle tool), using it on the ground https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXTNEPqcVo&list=UUUrNeTSE-9VfVr0LF-VT4iA (in the form of the Melee classic Marth of run up> wave dash back> fsmash), gliding, canceling it on the ledge as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcrtM_e89Nc (confirmed in smash 4) and imo the most important part, ledge guarding. Ledge guarding with needles is way better in ssb4 than it was in brawl due to the increased knock back and stun.

I would also like to see DACUS and everything it can be used for. If we have any cool DACUS combos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbApWVcoWBk and of course, grab release DACUS (if it works).
Just a tip, you can perform DACUS with every character including Sheik in 3DS by lowering the speed in training mode. Grab release DACUS this way however, is a nightmare from hell. I have only been able to do it once and I aint even about to speculate if it is a true combo or not. Alright, so I have speculated, but lets not get people worked up when we can't even test it properly.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I would suggest doing needles and everything involved with it. From wave bouncing/b reversing to reverse your momentum in mid air (as an anti juggle tool), using it on the ground https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXTNEPqcVo&list=UUUrNeTSE-9VfVr0LF-VT4iA (in the form of the Melee classic Marth of run up> wave dash back> fsmash), gliding, canceling it on the ledge as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcrtM_e89Nc (confirmed in smash 4) and imo the most important part, ledge guarding. Ledge guarding with needles is way better in ssb4 than it was in brawl due to the increased knock back and stun.

I would also like to see DACUS and everything it can be used for. If we have any cool DACUS combos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbApWVcoWBk and of course, grab release DACUS (if it works).
Just a tip, you can perform DACUS with every character including Sheik in 3DS by lowering the speed in training mode. Grab release DACUS this way however, is a nightmare from hell. I have only been able to do it once and I aint even about to speculate if it is a true combo or not. Alright, so I have speculated, but lets not get people worked up when we can't even test it properly.
Yeah, it seems like nobody's really bothering with DACUS too much right now but it will be a big deal on console.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
Just going to throw it out there that I would really like to see these match-up videos
*in order of priority
- yoshi
- greninja
- zzs
- Ness (I usually switch to ROB for this but still)

Ghoti

Smash Cadet
Hey, @ _Tree _Tree , I've really loved watching your videos on YouTube. I'm a Sheik main, and beyond the techniques you've so wonderfully explained, I'd enjoy seeing MUs against different characters. I understand that you can't make videos about the match up against every single character, but I'd like to see some videos on how to beat a Rosalina or a Greninja, or other characters who are currently thought to be the most "competitively viable".

It would be appreciated.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I understand that you can't make videos about the match up against every single character
Oh, that's what I intend to do. Obviously I'll prioritise more competitively viable or challenging characters, so you'll probably see Rosa and Greninja as part of the early ones, but I plan to make an individual match up video for every character.

Top Bottom