• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think of the music tidbits released so far?

the8thark

Smash Lord
What do you think of the music tidbits released so far
http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

I personally really don't like them. Especially the MegaMan 2 medley. That just butchered the great music from that game in my opinion. There are a lot of good MM2 track mixes out there. A shame the new arrangement here is not good. But what do you think?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think this seems like a thread made only to complain, but on the chance that it's not...

I like what they've posted so far. Nothing really blows me away or anything, but that Multi-man track is pretty great and nothing seems terrible.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I think this seems like a thread made only to complain, but on the chance that it's not...

I like what they've posted so far. Nothing really blows me away or anything, but that Multi-man track is pretty great and nothing seems terrible.
It's not here to complain. I'm just asking everyone's opinion. I don't like them but so what? We all have our own opinions.I was more sharing the tidbits themselves for those who have not yet heard them.

I have to agree (though not amazing) the multi-man track is all right for the style this game will have (musically). It's one of the better ones on that page.

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I love what I'm hearing, that X/Y remix gives me everything

The only complaint I have is Try, Try Again is missing/lacking something... I just can't put my finger on it

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

I personally really don't like them. Especially the MegaMan 2 medley. That just butchered the great music from that game in my opinion. There are a lot of good MM2 track mixes out there. A shame the new arrangement here is not good. But what do you think?
You need to check your ears, the Megaman 2 Medley sounds amazing, the only song I think they've butchered so far has to be Try, Try Again!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I think they're good for the most part, although my favorites would probably have to be the Multi-man smash theme and the Bath Time remix from Nintendogs. I don't know why, but there's something that I don't like about Green Greens Ver. 2.

the8thark

Smash Lord
You need to check your ears, the Megaman 2 Medley sounds amazing, the only song I think they've butchered so far has to be Try, Try Again!
We agree to disagree. But that's great really. There will be something for everyone in Smash 4. I am sure I'll find something else I love about Smash 4. I am very picky when it comes to the music I like though. I though Melee overall git the music done amazingly well. Brawl for me was done ok. Some tracks I loved and others I didn't. Smash 4 I just feel those tracks are so extremely different and don't represent the feel of the games they came from like they in Brawl/Melee.

But that's ok. Different things for different folks. I'm glad others like the music. I'm not complaining saying I want the music changed or anything. I'm just saying they can please everyone with the music, but as long most people like it then it's all good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think they're all excellent.

It should be noted that these are not the full songs in a lot of cases. The Mega Man 2 Medley goes on to have some awesome violin segements, as we've heard from E3 footage.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
The Multi-Man Smash theme is my absolute favorite in the series now. The other themes for that mode in Melee/Brawl weren't all that exciting and didn't get my blood pumping, but this one does. It has a nice EDM feel to it, and I like that style of music so that's always a plus in my book.

Green Greens Ver. 2 is pretty darn great, too. The violin that kicks in at the last 12 seconds is sublime. Can't wait to hear the full version of that track.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I haven't heard anything that haven't liked at this point.

gamer8

Smash Lord
They're pretty good so far I think, I don't really like Try, Try Again as much as the original version though. But I'm just happy to have something Mario and Luigi related in the game, still hoping we get a M&L stage. Best one so far in my opinion is the Mega Man 2 Medley.

NeroRevolver

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeroRevolver
Not to totally sound like a buzz-kill because I know how much everyone loves the MM2 Wily Castle theme. But its very overrated in my opinion. I really hope they remix some newer robot master themes though. Say from Megaman 9 and 10.

I find all the themes at the moment to be very well done. Even if I am not a fan of the franchise. Im really happy with the composer list and I cant wait to hear the full OST. kreygasm.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I fangasm'd pretty hard over the Mega Man 2 mashup/cover. Mega Man 2 was my first NES game ever, so to hear those songs so amazingly covered, the instrumentation is perfect, I couldn't help but giggle in sheer delight. Definitely my favorite track on the list right now.

Second favorite would be the Multi Man Smash theme. I'm absolutely loving the main theme for Smash 4. By far the best theme from all Smash games, in my opinion. It just sounds epic and fitting, far more than I could have ever imagined.

And as for my only complaint, I'm actually not really happy with the Green Greens song. Something feels really off about it, which is strange because the Kirby songs in every Smash game have always been some of the best. (I'm looking at you, Brawl, and your epic rock ballads of Kirby music)

Raijinken

Smash Master
Didn't care for the Mario remix (but I haven't played that game yet), but I absolutely love the Megaman and Kirby remixes. The rest were fine.

Khao

Smash Lord
I got a problem with the Spirit Tracks one.

The first part is so freaking awesome that when it gets to the awesome part, it doesn't feel as awesome as in the original game, reducing the overall awesomeness even though it's awesome level it's far higher than the original midi theme.

And yes, I'm being completely serious, it's like there's less contrast or something.

Everything else is ****ing fantastic, though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm pretty happy with what we've been given so far.. especially the Mega Man 2 Medley. Gree Greens .2 is a great orchestration as well.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
The Green Green ones is a little lackluster (in my opinion) compared to the likes of the awesome Butter Building, 0^2's Theme, and Meta Knight's Revenge remixes in Brawl. The Pokémon one's pretty eh, too, but I'm never much for the Pokémon battle themes, and I wasn't the biggest fan of the Pokémon X / Y music in general. I really love the Multi-Man Melee theme, though, and the rest are pretty good too. Psyched to hear what ends up coming from the DK and MOTHER series.

Also, that epic theme from the 3DS modes teaser trailer from E3 had better show up again, dangit; that's the best version of the new theme I've heard yet.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I love all the music so far. I can't wait until we get to hear music from Kid Icarus,Zelda and Xenoblade

D

Deleted member

The music is incredible, especially the Multi-Man Smash theme (hell, I even have that song on Battlefield in Project M!). I'm just a bit greedy and wish that they would release the full versions of these songs.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

I thought the MegaMan 2 medley was pretty good. The one I liked most so far was the Spirit Tracks music.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
My only two complaints so far are:
— I prefer the original X&Y Trainer Battle music to the remix.
— "Try, Try Again" seems boring, but I've never heard the original song anyway.
Other than that (and I've yet to listen to the Bath Time theme), it's all pretty awesome!

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
IMO Mega Man 2 Medley takes it as the best remix by far, with the Spirit Tracks and XY battle theme behind it. The rest I'm simply neutral with.

Balloonicorn

Smash Cadet
Funny how a song about giving a dog a bath gets me more hyped than any other of the music samples on that page.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I absolutely love what Yuzo Koshiro did with the X/Y Battle theme, he's behind Etrian Odyssey music and the X/Y theme on the site actually reminds me of EO a little bit.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
the X/Y theme is my favorite, but I enjoy them all and can't wait for more.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Kind of "meh" if you ask me. Nothing terrible but nothing good either.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Nothing in particular has "Wow!"-ed me so far, though I am very fond of "Full Steam Ahead", "Multi-Man Smash" and "Bath Time Theme".

If I were to pick one I like least, it would be the Mega Man 2 Medley. I don't like how it sounds and will probably opt for using other songs for Dr. Wily's Castle.

Top Bottom