• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think of dedede?

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Well Since its obvious asking this in the dedede boards will mean at 99.9% chance of "ZOMG HES TEH PWNZORZ" I decided to post here.

What do "YOU" as the player of this fine game, think of the fattest penguin you ever saw.. Dedede?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I like him. He's quite awesome, and I was frankly more happy about his inclusion in Brawl than I was for Metaknight's.

As a character in Brawl, I find he's pretty darn fine. He's promising, no doubt.

Kresent

Smash Cadet
He's a pretty good character. Good range, a great aerial game, power, good recovery, with good tilts. A good projectile that can easily get in the way of other projectiles like Samus' or Lucario's charged blast or Aura Sphere and can also stop Ike's Quick Draw and other things of the sort. And with proper predicting, his chaingrabbing is good too.

Just depends on the player, really. He has potential, that's for sure.

Spork_and_Knife

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I completely suck with him, and haven't played any good Dedede's... but I know a lot of people are in love with his chain grab.

NeuralScan

Smash Cadet
Landing his forward smash is incredibly satisfying :D I love this guy, probably my favourite Kirby character, and his voice is awesome (even if it is just grunts and insane laughter). Plus, he has a jolly fat belly, which he slaps regularly. He's comfortable with his weight.

All the cutscenes in SSE are the best, too. One last thing, his theme song is the most amazing music EVER to fight to, it screams Epic Battle.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Eh, hes not my favorite. As a story characer I like him, but I don't enjoy playing as him like I do with other playable characters

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
While I never have played DeDeDe I do regularly play a DeDeDe mainer, and from what I can tell he is a pretty decent character.

Talek

Smash Cadet
He seems to have the potential to be amazing but unfortunately i haven't played any good dedede players so i don't know his full potential yet, and that chain grab of his is amazing.

Solong

Smash Rookie
While i i like his style and plot appearance in SSE and Kirby games (and even the cartoon) I just don't seem to gel with his playstyle...hopefully it will develop as i play him more though.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Eh, hes not my favorite. As a story characer I like him, but I don't enjoy playing as him like I do with other playable characters
I agree DEDEDE is a great player in Subspace mystery but i hate playing as him I like his final smash tho and his chain grab

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
Landing his forward smash is incredibly satisfying :D I love this guy, probably my favourite Kirby character, and his voice is awesome (even if it is just grunts and insane laughter). Plus, he has a jolly fat belly, which he slaps regularly. He's comfortable with his weight.

All the cutscenes in SSE are the best, too. One last thing, his theme song is the most amazing music EVER to fight to, it screams Epic Battle.
Exactly what I was going to say. He's just awesome.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
D3 is too slow for my tastes. I really don't see how people can use him. But to each, his own. I personally find that TLink is an excellenc counter for D3.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
He's up as one of my best and favorite characters... probably in my top 3 at this point but that regularly changes so I dunno.
King Duck is truly a keeper.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
I think ill just main the random button xD. Easiest way to decide wich char I would like to play. :laugh:

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
He is fun to play and can really piss people off.

Landing one of his smashes are awesome.

Also, on Halberd vs Ike use his inhale when Ike is charging his quick draw. I killed an ike like 3 times in a 4 stock 4 person brawl that way. He just sort of goes right through you and get a boost horizontally off the stage from which he has little chance of recovering from.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I like him, but other than his chaingrab I think his attacks suck. His A attacks have a horrible feel and reach to them, but maybe I'm just not used to him yet.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
He certainly has a timing all his own, he doesn't suit my style at all, but he is good nonetheless. I love the random spike ball thing that he throws every once in a while.

JQCannon

Smash Rookie
Well, I know a guy who has him as his main. he switched from Sheik to him, so he must be okay.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Conceptually, I really like him as a character. I mean, he's a penguin with a robe holding a giant hammer. What's not to like? But honestly, I'm incredibly unhappy with how his moveset turned out. He has a mallet the size of a freaking truck; I figured he'd be pummeling people left and right. But instead, all he has are those lame multi-hitting hammer spinning moves. Even his up and down smashes are totally unimpressive in terms of knockback. I was expecting something more analagous to Ganondorf, who has as many high-impact moves as there are button combinations, but he doesn't even have one move that produces that kind of satifaction. And I totally suck with him, too.

D

Deleted member

i think that ddd is a prety cool guy, eh throws waddul diis at u and doesnt afraid of anything

dan smith

Smash Champion
I play D3...but I would jump ship if he wasn't good. He's definitely a contender, I also play Diddy, and I would admit that Diddy is better than Dedede...but I am very open to the possibility that Diddy is one of a handful of characters who have that distinction.

I would also say in response to somebodies statement about Toon Link countering D3, that I experienced the opposite. I believe Toon Link is the best character in the game but feel like D3 has an unnatural edge on him. In spam wars, the waddle dees will out damage the double arrows pretty severely.

Good things about D3: FTilt's ridiculous range, DTilt's speed and power, the nasty Bair, The most annoying projectile in the game? Gordo especially. The Uair and Dair are pretty good. Fair rules. Five jumps. The forward smash is like Koopa's forward smash from Melee...but you actually hit with it way more often. Tech chasing and KOing with the dash attack. So many KO moves. Regicide. Chaingrab.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I main him, and after maining Sheik in Melee that's a huge change. But I love him, strangely enough though I suck at his chain grab.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Good idea they put him in. He's got a little bit of my Melee mains (DK and Peach) with some Ike and Ice Climber in the mix. He's got chain-throwing, the most powerful smash attack, fun projectiles, can spit people off the stage better than Kirby, and a great song to boot.

They could've given him a better Final Smash where he gets possessed by Dark Matter (Kirby's Dreamland 3) or something like that. Oh well, his current Final Smash suits him anyway.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
The worst out of the many "good characters" methinks.

Maybe I haven't played him enough or I haven't played any good DeDeDe's, but I don't see anything amazing.

Top Bottom