• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think gamespot will give the game when it comes out?

Rash

Smash Ace
If the game lives up to the hype, meaning it surpasses Melee in pretty much every way possible, then I can see it maybe netting a 9.0 from Gamespot. Now that Gerstmann is working for them anymore, the SSBB review may actually have some decent credibility behind it this time.

To be perfectly honest, for SSBB not to get mostly scores in the 9s would be a crime, especially since it's going to do as much or more to further the Smash franchise than Halo 3 did to further the Halo franchise (and Halo 3 happens to have very high scores, many which would be bloated, and this is coming from someone who likes the game).

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
u kno, ive lost all credit in gamespot following gertsman gate. i never liked em from the start but that whole controversy just ended my already miniscule support of them

i rely on ign an gametrailers for my reviews

however, if i had to guess, gamespot would probably give it an 8.5 at the highest but ssbb will probably end up with like a 7.0 if we're lucky

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
I'm not going to let a reviewer tell me whether or not I should buy a ****ng Smash Bros. game. There is no chance, unless I die, I will not get this game.(and even then I might still)
yea i mean considering we're all members of a smash bros related community...i dont think its gonna matter what the review is

i think adam sessler said it best when xplay did a preview of smash bros

"x-play will have the full review when...oh hell, you're probably just gonna buy the game anyways"

the thing could get a 7.0 or a 6.0 but im willin to bet at least 7 out of 10 members of this forum will still buy it

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
They'll give it a 3 because that's how much IQ all of the reviewers combined possess.....

It deserves a 9.5-10 range though, at least.

I

i8waffles612

go to gamerankings.com It combines other sites score into one big total score :D

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gamespot fails. Theyll give it maybe a 7. I dont care about them. brawl deserves a 9000.

XxAlucardxX

Smash Cadet
if they do have brawl ads they will give it a higher score, because they fired the reviewer of Kane and lynch because he gave it a 6.5 and it was advertised a lot on the site. if brawl is not advertised then 7.5 if it is then 8.5 or 9 but nintendo games are barely advertised.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd say an 8.5 - 9.0. I can't see it being any higher or lower than that.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I've never ever been to GameSpot, so I won't even bother trying to guess.

Uhh...Game Informer will give it a 9.5?

The Director

Smash Lord
I don't follow Gamespot anymore after their whole Kane and Lynch fiasco... :ohwell:

The only reviews I listen to are from X-Play. They're the only game reviewers who are completely unbiased and as they say, brutally honest.

IGN's pretty good, but let's face it: Matt's completely biased when it comes to Nintendo reviews. He's a great guy, but way too much of a fanboy. Every time a big game comes out for the Wii (Corruption, Galaxy, Brawl) he says it's the Wii's best title and you should go buy it blah blah blah. (although he's always right :chuckle: )

XxAlucardxX

Smash Cadet
I dont like xplay they rate alot of games 5's that dont deserve it, game informer is really good though. ive been looking in game informer and ign more now because of the kane and lynch thing

lazychi

Smash Cadet
i dont care about the reviews any game site gives a game and i especially try to ignore GS anyway im guessing mid to high 8's but this is because fighting game popularity isnt what it used to be

saif442050

Smash Apprentice
i think IGN will give it a 9.3-9.6 and game spot will give it a 9.0 or 9.5 (becuas they gave Galaxy a 9.5 so they atleast recognize a good game, even when it isnt a shooter on the 360)

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Gamespot doesn't really matter. IGN is important, and I think IGN is very fair in their reviews. I'm glad that they're harsh because maybe it'll be enough to get Nintendo's head out of its ***.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
i think from watching videos and reading posts from people who went to e for all it should get a 9+ but i think gamespot will give it a 7 or 7.5 maybe an 8
The previous games didn't do as well as they should have either, but I read their reviews and it seems the main complaint was due to the lack of single player. This time, however, they'll have to give Brawl a higher score cause they won't be able to come up with an excuse that justifies giving Brawl an average score. Seriously... it has everything!

Cervantes

Smash Rookie
You can't really call them sony fanboys. They gave NiGHTS a relatively high score, where as IGN, which I see as a slightly nintendo biased site, gave it a fairly mediocre score. So I don't think they're biased. Personally, I see them giving it somewhere between a 7.5 and a 9, but I can't honestly see them giving it a higher score than a 9.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Yeah, I find many other publication's more credible than Gamespot. (Especially with their LoZ: TP review.) I think they'll give it over a 9, though as all other gaming sites/magazines will.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I find many other publication's more credible than Gamespot. (Especially with their LoZ: TP review.) I think they'll give it over a 9, though as all other gaming sites/magazines will.
Gamespot does their ratings by .5, so there are only two scores it could get over 9 (9. 5 or 10).

Chromepro

Smash Apprentice
galaxy got a 9.5
you never know...I dont think galaxy deserved it
I personally like gamespot not gamestop as reffered to above.

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Who cares about game spot. I don't use their site anyways. It only matters what you think, mah boi.

Top Bottom