• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think are the worst games for each Smash character?

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Based on games that I've played, these come to mind:

Sonic and the Black Knight, urgh...
Zelda Skyward Sword, horrible
Pokemon in general, I just don't click with it anymore, have trouble saying I like it or hate it

Actually, I have a question, is Metroid other M worth playing through?
So far I've found the game play kind of dull, does it pick up or what?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'd like to reiterate - how many people here have actually played Zelda CD-i? There was a lot of reasons that the CD-i console failed, but the pseudo-Nintendo titles weren't one of them. They didn't start getting seen as horrible until 2006.

This is coming from a huge YTP fan.

Booster

Smash Lord
Super Mario: Spinoffs though to be more specific those old DOS games...they make the CDI game look good
Zelda: Zelda's Adventure, the other CDI games atleast have those hilarious cutscenes, 1st Party Zelda 2
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Jr Math (Why did they have to re-release this on eShop?)
Metroid: Metroid Prime Pinball (The **** is this?)
F-Zero: GP Legend
StarFox: The Star Fox game on DS, complete trash
Punch-Out!: The Arcade Game, never got a home release, NES game is it's own game.
Yoshi: Yoshi Topsy Turvy
Wario: Wario's Woods
Pokémon: Pokemon Channel (Pokemon Rumble comes close)
Kirby: Air Ride
Kid Icarus: Gameboy version
Pikmin: Pikmin 1
Sonic: Sonic Labyrinth
Pac-Man: Pac Man World 2
Mega Man: Mega Man Legends (The controls are horrible...)
Fire Emblem: All of them except the ones with the option to remove permanent death
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Xenoblade: Xenoblade Chronicles X for the unoriginal, uninspired stupid name, take an old game name, add a cliche "X"
Wii Fit: All of the games made around the accessory
Earthbound: Mother, never got localized, Sakurai hates Ninten.
Ice Climbers: NES version. So bad
Duck Hunt: NES. Being the only one means it's the best and worst.
R.O.B.: Complete garbage hardware and accessory. Atleast it's not Roll n Rocker
Snake: Snake's Revenge (Oh god...)
G&W: Never played one.
Dr. Mario: The one with Wario in it. Played it in a hospital, garbage.
Miis/Wii: Wii Sports, it turned Wii into a casual console, ruining what could've been a good system ;'(
Smash/Master Hand: Smash 64 (No one remembers it, bad controller, tiny roster with 1/3rd being Mario characters)

I mostly copied and pasted from the OP, adding in different, much ****tier games. While Sonic 06 is abysmal, Sonic Labyrinth makes Sonic 06 look like Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I also added in Dr. Mario and Miis/Wii, seeing as those are their own series. Added in Master Hand since he's playable in Melee (He's the most fun Melee character)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually, I have a question, is Metroid other M worth playing through?
So far I've found the game play kind of dull, does it pick up or what?
No, it doesn't, it only gets more repetitive as you go on.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Based on games that I've played, these come to mind: Zelda Skyward Sword, horrible
Yeah, right...NO.
Super Mario: Spinoffs though to be more specific those old DOS games...they make the CDI game look good
Zelda: Zelda's Adventure, the other CDI games atleast have those hilarious cutscenes, 1st Party Zelda 2
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Jr Math (Why did they have to re-release this on eShop?)
Metroid: Metroid Prime Pinball (The **** is this?)
F-Zero: GP Legend
StarFox: The Star Fox game on DS, complete trash
Punch-Out!: The Arcade Game, never got a home release, NES game is it's own game.
Yoshi: Yoshi Topsy Turvy
Wario: Wario's Woods
Pokémon: Pokemon Channel (Pokemon Rumble comes close)
Kirby: Air Ride
Kid Icarus: Gameboy version
Pikmin: Pikmin 1
Sonic: Sonic Labyrinth
Pac-Man: Pac Man World 2
Mega Man: Mega Man Legends (The controls are horrible...)
Fire Emblem: All of them except the ones with the option to remove permanent death
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Xenoblade: Xenoblade Chronicles X for the unoriginal, uninspired stupid name, take an old game name, add a cliche "X"
Wii Fit: All of the games made around the accessory
Earthbound: Mother, never got localized, Sakurai hates Ninten.
Ice Climbers: NES version. So bad
Duck Hunt: NES. Being the only one means it's the best and worst.
R.O.B.: Complete garbage hardware and accessory. Atleast it's not Roll n Rocker
Snake: Snake's Revenge (Oh god...)
G&W: Never played one.
Dr. Mario: The one with Wario in it. Played it in a hospital, garbage.
Miis/Wii: Wii Sports, it turned Wii into a casual console, ruining what could've been a good system ;'(
Smash/Master Hand: Smash 64 (No one remembers it, bad controller, tiny roster with 1/3rd being Mario characters)

I mostly copied and pasted from the OP, adding in different, much ****tier games. While Sonic 06 is abysmal, Sonic Labyrinth makes Sonic 06 look like Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I also added in Dr. Mario and Miis/Wii, seeing as those are their own series. Added in Master Hand since he's playable in Melee (He's the most fun Melee character)
Wii Sports was an amazing tech demo for a great console, and the Wii WAS and IS a great system, Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Corruption, No More Heroes, Kirby's Return To Dreamland, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sonic Colors, Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Super Smash Bros. ****ing Brawl (Project M for that matter, too), the Wii's a great console.

Also, apparently the amazing-looking, grand-scale Xenoblade Chronicles X will be **** because the name has an X, god that's hilarious, oh, and for your Smash64 complaint, Yoshi and DK aren't Mario characters.

Booster

Smash Lord
Yeah, right...NO.

Wii Sports was an amazing tech demo for a great console, and the Wii WAS and IS a great system, Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Corruption, No More Heroes, Kirby's Return To Dreamland, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sonic Colors, Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Super Smash Bros. ****ing Brawl (Project M for that matter, too), the Wii's a great console.

Also, apparently the amazing-looking, grand-scale Xenoblade Chronicles X will be **** because the name has an X, god that's hilarious, oh, and for your Smash64 complaint, Yoshi and DK aren't Mario characters.
Please go away and stop nitpicking posts <.<

Booster

Smash Lord
Watched the GameGrumps Sonic 06 play through, can't fathom anything worse. Poor Sonic... at least he's in Smash now.
Sonic Labyrinth and Sonic R are worse. I know it's hard to believe there exist Sonic games worse then Sonic 06, but they exist. Most of them are for the Sega ****Gear

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
:4mario: I really can't think of a bad one that are part of the main series... Probably just the original.
:4link: Zelda II, worst 3D one is probably Ocarina for me, but I like all the 3D ones.
:4pikachu: Black - Didn't like how you're forced to used Gen 5 Pokemon until the end...
:4dk: Donkey Kong on the arcade or whatever
:4samus: Other M / Metroid
:4fox: The one on the DS
:4sonic: Sonic Heroes - not that bad a game really - Sonic 06 is pretty decent actually.
:warioc: They're all pretty good, but maybe The Shake Dimension (Shake It in America I think...)

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Watched the GameGrumps Sonic 06 play through, can't fathom anything worse. Poor Sonic... at least he's in Smash now.
I hate that playthrough, the Game Grumps playthrough of Sonic 06' did almost as much damage to Sonic as the game itself, especially that part when Arin decides to try to brainwash JonTron into not liking the Sonic series as a whole, that was one of the most despicable parts.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I don't understand how any platformer fan can hate the original Yoshi's Island (the GBA port sucks SOOO BAD). There is literally nothing I can find that is wrong about the game except a couple levels that are boring or too long. The game has so much variety in it's levels though and Yoshi controls so well. Flutter Jump is a life saver, egg tossing is fun, the vehicles are cool, enemies are varied, different challenges in almost every world, fun bosses, and the right amount of challenge. I don't even have nostalgia for the game too, I beat it last week, 100% and it was a joy through the whole thing except a couple levels. Nintendo can NEVER create a Yoshi game as well made as the first Yoshi's Island. If you aren't a fan of platformers I understand but if not, you have issues.

Last edited:

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
as for your comment on metroid, i definitely AGREE with it being a thing, but for me that's one of the reasons i find the game... charming? maybe charming is the wrong word because it's very uncomfortable XD, but for me the game is one of the best examples of metroid's isolationist atmospheres. it pushes you in these new areas that you don't know the size of or the shape or what's where, and with not only power-ups but also nearly 40 metroid to hunt down, it felt like more of a dizzy scramble than metroid 1. which is tough, but it's such a cool experience to me. (not that you have to like it, it's just you sent a small wave of nostalgia over me with your comment)
I can see that. Overall I actually like the game, it's just not my preferred game in the franchise due to the screen. Different preferences I guess and I totaly should have included the disclaimer "not worst just least favorite", which describes most of the games on my list. Except Ice Climber.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels- I just don't remember anything about it. Unmemorable as hell. At least Sticker Star had great boss battle themes.

Legend of Zelda: I'm just going to say every game Zelda I played other than A Link Between Worlds as that's the only one I actually got around to beating. If I had to chose one it would be Link's Adventure as that game is hard as **** and confusing as hell (only played it when I got the Collector's Edition on the Gamecube)

Pokémon: Pokémon Battle Revolution- I never actually played it but I was previously hyped for it since I was a big fan of the Stadium and Orre games. My reaction after hearing the reviews and watching gameplay videos puts it as my worst Pokémon game despite never having touched it.

Donkey Kong: I never played the allegedly mediocre/bad ones so I'm going to go with the original Doneky Kong Country. I just liked 2, 3, and Returns better (haven't played Tropical Freeze).

Yoshi: That puzzle game on the SNES.

Kirby: Epic Yarn. Not as fun for me as 64, Air Ride, Return to Dreamland, Super Star, and Triple Deluxe were. Still an alright game.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon just feels so archaic and barebones compared to Tellius before it and Awakening after it. Only thing I really liked about it was the improved forging system.

Animal Crossing: As I only played New Leaf and the Gamecube one....I'm going to have to say the Gamecube one. Online just does so much for Animal Crossing, especially for a recluse like myself.

Sonic: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I just couldn't get into the mech and treasure hunting parts. I even like the Werehog from Unleashed better (Only played SA2, Sonic Advance, Unleashed, and Colors).

Mega Man: Mega Man Legends. The only other one I played was Mega Man X and I loved that game.

The others franchises I either haven't played at all or have only played one game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario: Paper Mario: Sticker Star. That game is just... no. It's also one of the few games that I've sold back. A close second for me is The Lost Levels.
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Jr. I am not a fan of the level design or how this game controls. It feels a bit sloppy to me.
Zelda: The CD-i games. Bar none.
Yoshi: Yoshi Topsy-Turvy. I've heard nothing good about this game.
Star Fox: Command. Gotta give credit to the game that has been said to have ruined the franchise. From what I've read of the plot, it's horrid fan-fiction at it's finest... except it's official.
Kirby: Mass Attack. I just didn't find myself having any enjoyment from this title.
Pokemon: Hey You, Pikachu! Yeah...
EarthBound/Mother: Mother 1. I've heard that this game is pretty inferior to later games and it's level-grinding heavy.
Ice Climber: Ice Climber. I hate this game. I know that it's not fair to say since this is the only game in the franchise, but it's incredibly mediocre.
Kid Icarus: Kid Icarus. This game is just... hard. I couldn't find much enjoyment from the original and I never made it past the Underworld.
Sonic: Sonic Labyrinth. I've played Sonic 06 and I loved it for how much of a terrible experience it was. While it is terrible, that game has redeeming qualities; Labyrinth doesn't have any.
Mega Man: Mega Man 1. I haven't played much of Mega Man, but the first one left a bad taste in my mouth...

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
...I guess Sonic would have been stupidly popular if his games were better.
Yeah it was their most popular series too.
It was their most popular series because all the cool kidz are hatin' on Sonic gaiz, let's hate on Sonic too!
That's pretty much the whole gist of the Sonic hate, senseless bandwagonning.
Can I borrow this for a sec?

That's better.
To this day it's still a mystery to me how people can feel discomfort after getting used to the game for like 15 minutes. I guess some people just won't take new controller options and will manually wire their brains to hate them.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Xenoblade: Xenoblade Chronicles X for the unoriginal, uninspired stupid name, take an old game name, add a cliche "X" [/quote]

But it's the extreme-y-est!

Yeah, right...NO.
Some many people are critical of Skyward Sword. Personally, I consider that game a forgettable, mediocre experiment on an exemplary series. I don't consider it a bad game necessarily, just wasn't my cup of tea and it certainly isn't what I consider Zelda.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I haven't played every game in most franchises so it'll be between the ones I have played

Mario: I've only played Sunshine, 64, Galaxy, 3D Land, Galaxy 2 and 3D World. 3D World is my favourite, so much replay value and I loved being able to play as other characters. 64 is my least favorite simply because it's aged the worst (it's still a good game).

Zelda: I've only played the 3D games (except Wind Waker) and ALBW (which is my favourite!). Skyward Sword is my least favourite, the story and characters ruined it for me. The ZeLink ship teasing was annoying, I don't ship them at all and preferred Zelda's TP persona over her "generic, anime love interest" persona in SS. Best things about SS were Ghirahim, Groose and Impa, everything else was meh to me.

Pokemon: I love all of the main series games! I'd say Battle Revolution was the worst (even though I spent hours playing it), it required a copy of D/P and a DS in order to be fun and it was pretty bad compared to XD Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Colosseum.

Metroid: Other M. Metroid has been dormant since this game and I can only imagine why *sarcasm*. It's hated by so many people in the fanbase, they just did so much wrong.

Fire Emblem: I've only played Awakening (one of my favourite 3DS games) and Sacred Stones, which was fun but not as good as Awakening.

Sonic: 06. The whole franchise started to fall apart after this. Instead of fixing the flaws of the Adventure games, it presented more flaws. Though none of the 3D Sonic games have aged well, I really enjoyed Adventure, Adventure 2 and Heroes as a kid, 06 is when I started losing interest. Sonic Battle was my all time favourite :p

Last edited:

Ascended

Smash Ace
Maybe I suck at holding pens/pencils/stylus, but my hand does start getting sore after using one for too long, so I can sympathize with people who complain about getting hand pain from Uprising. I beat the whole game and replay a level every now and then, but I have had a sore hand from playing the game for too long.

In general, I don't really hate any game. Most of my picks are good games, I just didn't connect with them. For my picks, I'll go with:
:4mario:: The Lost Levels. I have the same opinion that NOA had back in the day. Too much of the same, just more difficult.
:4dk:: Donkey Kong Jr. I actually really like the original Donkey Kong, but I couldn't get into Jr. for some reason.
:4link:: Twilight Princess. I pre-ordered this and liked it when it came out, but every time I try to replay it, I can't get into it. I feel that the music is low-quality and unmemorable, the graphics are too dark and desperately need some color, and I think the story is rather weak. I also don't care for Midna as I don't like the Tsundere type of character. (Tatl is much worse though.)
:4samus:: Metroid II. I've tried to play this multiple times, but I can't ever tell what I'm supposed to do, which is a huge turn off for me in a game.
:4fox:: SNES Star Fox. I love this series, and the SNES entry is the only one I haven't beaten.
:4pikachu:: On the one hand, you have Ruby/Sapphire with its horrible music, no connection to the previous games, weird battle system (To me it seems that it takes much longer to kill opponents in R/S compared to the first two gens), and lame rival, while on the other hand you have Diamond/Pearl with its even slower battle system, (Text, animations, weather, Pokémon-powers, it all takes so long to get through) and weird Pokémon designs. (This is the point where I felt the designs were getting too out there. I don't like any of the legendary Pokémon at all.) Also, both games have the male trainer wearing a stupid hat.
:4falcon:: Maximum Velocity. I love the SNES F-Zero, and this just feels like a slower version with worse music.
:ness2:: EarthBound Zero. I don't think NES-era RPGs have aged well, but EarthBound and Mother 3 are both great.
:4littlemac:: SNES Punch-Out. I felt like it was trying to be realistic while still keeping the odd-ball characters. Not a bad game, I just don't like the artstyle. I also don't like SNES Little Mac.
:snake:: NES Metal Gear. Its just so gimped and the translation is pretty terrible.
:4sonic:: You know, as bad as it is, I actually like Sonic '06. The soundtrack is amazing, and I do like the story. I also think it has the best version of Shadow since he's finished his development and is now just a serious character instead of an angsty one. The gameplay is unfinished, but there is some fun to be had when you learn how to manipulate it. Anyway, I'm going to say that Sonic Chronicles is the worst Sonic game. I love Sonic, and I love RPGs, but Bioware really dropped the ball on this one.
:4megaman:: Keeping this to classic Mega Man, I'm going with Powered Up. I don't like the super-deformed style, and what was up with Capcom changing Rock's name to Mega? The voice acting is okay, but I felt that Maverick Hunter X was the better remake in every way. Capcom should have given the same treatment to Powered Up, or taken the Archie comics approach to the remake instead.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Anyone who says Sonic 06 isn't the worst Sonic game... I'm sorry, but I just think that's inherently wrong :V

You can say how Sonic Labyrinth is more frustrating to play. But it's a short game gear game that could be beaten within a day or two and didn't really leave any more of a impact then the other Game Gear Sonic games. Meanwhile Sonic 06 takes so long and besides a couple of fun moments as Sonic and/or Blaze. All the bugs and terrible design aren't worth playing through. It's also the very reason Sonic may never again have the reputation he had in the 90s. The whole Sonic & Elise romance is just one of the biggest reasons why Sonic is still a bit of a laughing stock. There is no denying that Sonic 06 is the lowest point of the franchise even if you like the game in any way. The series has recovered a good amount since, but it still feels like Sonic's in a bit of a hole that even Colors, Generations, and (IMO at least, and the Wii U version specifically) Lost World can't entirely bring Sonic out of. The only other game you could make a case that ruined the franchise's reputation is Shadow the Hedgehog. But Shadow still didn't do quite as much as Sonic 06 did.

It got to the point where Sonic's inclusion in Brawl to me, felt like the first sign there was light at end of the dark tunnel that Sonic 06 brought the franchise into.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Shulk - Xenoblade Chronicles

Sheik - Hyrule Warriors

:troll:

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Mario: Geez all of the main line Marios are really solid...um...I'm gonna go with New Super Mario Bros. 2. Of the 4 New games it felt the most thrown together.

Yoshi: Probably Yoshi's Island DS. Just felt lacking compared to the first one and I really didn't go for the baby switching mechanic that much.

Wario: Probably the first Wario Land. They were still figuring out what to do with the character though and the series evolved quite well (I still need to get 2 and 3 on VC... >.>)

Game and Watch: I find Octopus, Egg, and Manhole to be really frustrating.

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Jr. REALLY grinds my gears. Strangely I enjoyed the Game and Watch version more.

Zelda: I recently played both the first and second games for the first time thanks to the 3DS ambassador program and honestly? I thought the second game was more fun. I will concede it's worse than the first game though, being a lot more linear. I also probably would of liked the first game more if I'd known there were damage-reducing tunics.

Metroid: Of the 4 I've played I got the least enjoyment from the original.

Fire Emblem: Going by American releases I'd have to say Sacred Stones. I don't like that you can level grind in it and I didn't find the characters or story as memorable as I did in Blazing Sword. Shadow Dragon comes REALLY close though.

Kirby: I'm gonna go with Amazing Mirror. It was a cool experiment, but the map was confusing as all get out and accidentally taking a "point of no return" door and having to warp back and start over really sucked.

Star Fox: LOL Command. The gameplay was okay, actually! But good lord that plot! That game alone changed my view of Krystal from "tolerable" to "completely insufferable" and a good majority of the endings are flat out stupid.

Pikmin: All 3 are fantastic but if I really have to pick a worst one...You know what I can't do it. All I know is that it's not 2, but 1 and 3 both have plenty of strengths and weaknesses.

And cause I'm a Sonic diehard I feel like picking on his three "eras." Gonna ignore his handheld games though cause that's too easy (just pick any Game Gear title and Sonic Advance 2)

Classic Sonic (Genesis/CD/Saturn): I really don't care for Sonic CD all that much. The whole time-travel mechanic was more frustrating than fun, the spin dash functions really oddly, and it easily has the worst special stages. The music and race against Metal Sonic ARE really good though.

Dreamcast Sonic (Pre-06): Probably a toss-up between Heroes and Shadow. Heroes's stages were too freaking long while Shadow is just clunky with hilariously awful cutscene graphics.

Modern Sonic (Post-06): I actually haven't played 06, so I'm gonna go with Black Knight. I actually think the Storybook Series was a fun idea despite it's mediocre games though.

MadKraken

Smash Cadet
Was curious to see what people in general think. Searched series on GameFAQs, ordered by user ratings, grabbed worst rated title.

Mario: Mario Is Missing (NES)
Luigi: Luigi's Mansion (GC)
Peach: Only 1 game: Super Princess Peach (DS)
Yoshi: Yoshi Touch & Go (DS)
Wario: WarioWare: Snapped! (DS)
Game & Watch: Game & Watch Collection (DS)
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong 3 (NES)
The Legend of Zelda: Classic NES Series: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (GBA)
Metroid: Metroid Prime Pinball (DS)
Kid Icarus: Kid Icarus (NES)
Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
Kirby: Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble (GBC)
Punch-Out!!: Super Punch-Out!! (SNES)
Star Fox: Star Fox Command (DS)
Pokemon: Pokemon Dash (DS)
Duck Hunt: Duck Hunt (NES)
R.O.B.: No consistent series keyword to search for
EarthBound: Only 1 game: EarthBound (SNES)
F-Zero: F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (GBA)
Animal Crossing: Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)
Pikmin: New Play Control! Pikmin (WII)
Wii Fit: Wii Fit (WII)
Dr. Mario: Dr. Mario 64 (N64)
Xenoblade Chronicles: Only 1 game: Xenoblade Chronicles (WII)
Pac-Man: Pac-Man (2600)
Mega Man: Mega Man X7 (PS2)
Sonic: Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis (GBA)
Wii: Wii Play (WII)

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
:4mario: 3D Land

:4link: Spirit Tracks

:4marth: Awakening

:4fox: Command

:4pikachu: Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness

:4samus: Metroid Prime Pinball

:4sonic: Sonic Lost World

:4shulk:Xenoblade Chronicles (not because there's only one; I actually think that game was bad).

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm gonna be sticking to the main series for each franchise, so no Hotel Mario and Mario is Missing type games.
:4mario:Super Mario Galaxy 2
:4link:The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
:4kirby:Kirby's Dream Land 3
:4pikachu:Pokemon Black and White
:4marth:Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (The original for GBA with no subtitle outside Japan)
:4falcon:F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
:4yoshi:Yoshi's New Island
:4megaman:Overall; Mega Man X6. Classic series only; Mega Man 2
:4pit:Kid Icarus: Uprising
:4sonic:Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
:ness2:Mother (Earthbound Zero)
:4littlemac:Super Punch-Out!!
:4villager:Animal Crossing: Wild World

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm changing a couple of my answers.

:gw: Gallery 1 The independent DSiWare ports. As much as I love the series to death, the prices of the individual releases are damn prohibitive.
:4sonic:Sonic 06 Blue Sphere. I jumped the gun on 06 considering I haven't actually played it, and I still haven't. But at least it was actually a full game, and not just an error trap mini-game.
:4yoshi:New Island Yoshi NES. New Island is another one in the "I haven't actually played it" pile, but this is just a big standard puzzle game that hardly even has anything to do with Yoshi.
:4kirby:Dream Land 1 Triple Deluxe. It's good, but not $40 good - the shortness of Kirby games doesn't mesh well with the high costs of new-gen consoles and their games. Rent it from Gamefly. Don't buy it.

Last edited:

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I'm gonna TRY and stick with main series and avoid going off the beaten path (otherwise It would just be "Mario Teaches Typing" and "Kirby Underwater Basket Weaving" and the like), but then again, I'll probably completely contradict that.
:4mario:-The Lost Levels, It's not too bad, but it's too hard for my American brain. I'm happy we got our own Mario 2.
:4kirby:-Kirby's Dream Land... The whole power-copying is absent, and yeah, that's kind of a big thing for me.
:4pikachu:-Hey You, Pickachu!, I found this game incredibly stressful as a child, NONE of the voice controls work, and even if they did watching Pikachu pick apples for 3 hours isn't my bag.
:4dk:-DK: King of Swing, I REALLY like Donkey Kong games, so it was hard to think of one, and while I did enjoy the art style and new ideas, it ended up feeling more like a Clu Clu land game than a DK game.
:4tlink:- Zelda II, insanely difficult. I always try to bead Zelda games without a Walkthrough, but even with one, to this day it remains the only Zelda game I have never beat.
:4yoshi:- Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, I was a big fan of the motion controls in WarioWare: Twisted, so I wax excited to get this one. I don't know what went wrong, but the motions barley registered in this boring and frustrating gimmick-game.
:warioc:- Game and Wario,....Why?
:olimar:- Pikmin 1, While it was fun, the 30 day time let is stressful and not needed.
:fox:- Star Fox Adventures, I don't like purple fox boobies.
:4sonic:- Sonic and The Secret Rings, I was a huge fan of the Adventure games, and this left me disappointed. I know "It wasn't the same as the last game" is a stupid reason to not like it, but, thats the way she goes.

and finally,

:4pacman:- Pac Man Fever, does anyone remember that one? Jeez.

This is fun, is there a Best game for each character thread?

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Not a large list since it's based off of series I played most of their games from. Also, unless I played it mostly all the way, at all or not really bad series to begin with, no Sonic 06 nor Mario is Missing.

Zelda: I would say Wind Waker, but it's HD remake made me ok with the game now. Phantom Hourglass takes it's spot though. Decent innovation, even worse sea battle segments.
Metroid: Metroid Prime Hunters. "What!? Something not Other M and Pinball!? Burn him!" I'm fair with Other M. Not a great game at all, but a lot more enjoyable than Hunters. And Pinball doesn't count since I haven't played it nor is it canonical. Online component of that game ruined it for me.
Pokemon: Pokemon TCG for original Gameboy. Man was that game so boring and tedious. Just unfun every time I turned it on.
Starfox: Starfox Adventures. It's find to try something new, but this was clearly in the wrong direction. They tried remedy it with Assault and Command, but it was too late. Pretty much set a downward spiral for the Starfox series and made Krystal a huge furry magnet to it as well.
Sonic: I would say a laundry list for the series, but I'm just going to say Sonic Heroes. Corny, buggy and started the no Chao Garden system for the rest of the series. Worst combination for me.

Last edited:

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why people are listing Mother 1, Mother 3, and Donkey Kong Country 3 as there are no characters from those games in Smash 4.

But for Link I choose Skyward Sword.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I don't know why people are listing Mother 1, Mother 3, and Donkey Kong Country 3 as there are no characters from those games in Smash 4.

But for Link I choose Skyward Sword.
You do see the gang (Donkey and Diddy) after the K.Rool fight in the castle. The 1st K.Rool fight, not the 2nd one in the submarine. Donkey and Diddy are not playable characters there but ie is there in the game for a brief moment so it counts.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Only doing characters with multiple games in their respective series, as well as limiting myself in that I must have played multiple games within that franchise. Variably includes spinoffs, kind of. Also, listing a game as the "worst" doesn't necessarily mean I don't like it. Just that I perhaps like it "least" out of a bunch of games I adore ;)

:4mario: - Mario Party: Island Tour
:4link: - Zelda II
:4fox: - Star Fox Command
:4dk: - DK64 (IM SORRY)
:4pikachu: - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire (not including spinoffs here because that makes it way too easy)
:4palutena: - Kid Icarus
:4olimar: - Pikmin 1
:4falcon: - Maximum Velocity (admittedly here, I have not much experience with either GX or Maximum Velocity, but I'm just basing this off of my memories from years ago)
:4kirby: - Kirby Mass Attack
:4marth: - Path of Radiance
:4samus: - Metroid
:4mii: - Find Mii
:4littlemac: - Punch-Out!!! (NES)
:4sonic: - Sonic and the Sacred Rings
:4villager: - Wild World
:4yoshi: - Yoshi Touch 'n Go
:ness2: - Mother 1
:wario: - WarioWare: DIY

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Is everyone seriously suggesting that any Prime game was worse than Other M?
You people fascinate me, you really do.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I'm surprised no one has said these Kirby games:
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream course.

For those those who don't know, they first is a puzzle game and the 2nd is a golf game. A really unusual and frustrating golf game.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Is everyone seriously suggesting that any Prime game was worse than Other M?
You people fascinate me, you really do.
People often hate on Echoes for some undiscernable reason. It was better than Prime 1 IMO.

Also, I'm disgusted at how people are talking about Pokemon Spin-Offs as something bad, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are the ****.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not gonna count the CD-I games since even Nintendo doesn't even recognize them

:4mario::Paper Mario Sticker Star/Mario Tennis for Virtual Boy
:4dk::Donkey Kong 64 & King of Swing
:4link::Spirit Tracks
:4samus::Metroid Other M
:4kirby::Kirby's Epic Yarn
:4fox::Star Fox Command
and if you think Assault or Adventures are worst then you really have suffered through writing worst than Other M and Sonic 06 combined
:4pikachu::pokemon Battle Revolution & Hey You Pikachu
:4yoshi::Yoshi's New Island
:4falcon::F-Zero GP Climax for GBA
:4olimar::pikmin 3
:4marth::Fire Emblem:Shadow Dragon
:4pit::Kid Icarus Myth and Monsters for GB
:4villager::Animal Crossing Wii
:4littlemac::Mike Tyson's Punch Out
and I say this as a humongous fan of the series for years that the NES game have aged and I'm not gonna take into account of the Arcade games
:4pacman::pac-Man World 3
:4megaman::Battle Chip Challenge Megaman X7
:4sonic::Sonic Free Riders
I SWEAR THIS GAME OVERTHROWN 06, SHADOW & Labyrinth as the worst son game of all time. You wish I was kidding

Crawfiish

Smash Cadet
I'm only going to post games that I've PLAYED. Highly doubt all of the people in this thread posting CD-i Zelda have played it.

:4mario: - Mario Kart Wii. Every Mario platformer I've played has been great and this is the only Mario Kart game that just feels unfair. Haven't played the RPGs, Strikers, Tennis, Golf, or any handhelds for the plumber anyways.
:4kirby: - Dream Land. Not being able to copy is a big issue of mine
:4yoshi: - I've only played Yoshi's Island and it's in my top 5 favorite games of all time, but that means it's also my least favorite played Yoshi game.
:4pikachu: - Pokemon Snap. Not a bad game, just, only other games I've played are Silver, Emerald, Diamond, and Y
:4dk:- Donkey Kong 3. If I wanted a shooter, I'd play Galaga.
:4link:- Phantom Hourglass. Gimmicks do not age well...
:4megaman:- Mega Man 1. Harder than the other games for the wrong reasons. Also music isn't as memorable.
:olimar:- Pikmin 1. Why did it have to be 30 days?
:ness2:- Earthbound Zero. Random battles are just too common and overall it feels less polished than the others. I still like it, but I think I'm just spoiled by the others.
:4fox:- Star Fox Adventures AKA The Legend of Krystal: A Slip to the Past
:4littlemac:- Super Punch-Out. Not bad, just not as memorable as NES or Wii installments.
:4sonic:- Shadow the Hedgehog. Funny, when I was a kid I thought this game was amazing, and I loved the plot because it was dark. For years, I argued that it was a good game and that they should have made a sequel. But when I returned to play it a year ago, it was just cringeworthy and the gameplay stank worse than EVO 2014
:4pacman:- Pac Man World 3. Just... disappointing...

Last edited:
Top Bottom