• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about the new Persona stage?

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
While I never played Persona 5 before (or any Persona game), the announcement of Joker as a character in Smash made me interested in the game (Smash does that sometimes, and well, it presented me a game I never played again). So, I'm happy with the new character, that looks very cool.

The stage however, I'm mixed about it. I like the style, the colors and the change of the colors, and the music... But I dont like the shape, and looking again to it.. it looks.... cheap. I think it looks too static. It's just a block with three plataforms in strange positions. And the psychedelic style and shapes looks like that kind of art that I dont know if the design is too good for me to appreciate, or if is just really bad... I expected a bit more on the design for a paid stage, but I'm still excited for the new content anyway.

Last edited:

NonagonInfinity

Smash Rookie
Its certainly not the most beautiful stage in the game, but I'm pretty happy with it. The music effect is definitely the highlight, and I also like that all of the other phantom thieves will periodically appear on the stage. Both of these things give it character.

They for sure could have done more with it, though. There are several different locations throughout Persona 5 that would have provided much more interesting settings. I'm also not a huge fan of the shape, especially with that incline directly in the middle of the main platform.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Think it does have a train hazard and some moving platforms. If you want to play it though, well hopefully you don't get headaches easily.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
As of what we have seen so far, I think hazardless Mementos has a chance at being a feasible stage in the eyes of tournament legality, and it still looks very fun with hazards turn on anyways.

I think Beneath the Mask will be the song I use on the stage.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
If you take into account the trains and random walls that pop up, I think this stage can be totally bonkers. Sae's Palace would've been a much better stage imo, but at least they were creative with how Mementos looks.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
If you take into account the trains and random walls that pop up, I think this stage can be totally bonkers. Sae's Palace would've been a much better stage imo, but at least they were creative with how Mementos looks.
looks like there's a train bellow the stage sometimes, but this is not a thing that makes the stage looks less static and cheap... I just think that.. if we are paying for a stage, it at least should be a bit more dynamic... The train bellow is nothing more than a retangular hazard passing by sometimes, I dont look to this stage and think "wow, this had some real work". I kind of like it, but is just an ok stage, I expected a bit more.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
looks like there's a train bellow the stage sometimes, but this is not a thing that makes the stage looks less static and cheap... I just think that.. if we are paying for a stage, it at least should be a bit more dynamic... The train bellow is nothing more than a retangular hazard passing by sometimes, I dont look to this stage and think "wow, this had some real work". I kind of like it, but is just an ok stage, I expected a bit more.
Midgar is basically Battlefield with summons. Suzaku Castle is very stationary. This is actually kind of par for the course. It may even end up an eyesore like Umbra Tower.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Midgar is basically Battlefield with summons. Suzaku Castle is very stationary. This is actually kind of par for the course. It may even end up an eyesore like Umbra Tower.
I understand this, but maybe because all the new stages of Smash Ultimate are too much static (exception to the Mario Odyssey stage), I kind of expected a bit more from the paid stages.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I understand this, but maybe because all the new stages of Smash Ultimate are too much static (exception to the Mario Odyssey stage), I kind of expected a bit more from the paid stages.
Pricing doesn’t affect the stage design. The devs did what they could to make Mementos look appealing, considering how some elements look different compared to the original game. It’s also chock full of fanservice with the Phantom Theives in the background and aesthetic changes with the music as well. This is simply Persona representation at its finest.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I think it looks awesome myself and the walls and ceiling moving around could make for some neat fights.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
I'm more than a little surprised that they based Mementos off of the map instead of the actual location in Persona 5, but after getting used to it, I'm actually really happy with how everything is just bleeding style like in the main game. Not what I would've expected for a stage at all, but it represents P5 well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Different from any other stages.
Zany, edgy, colorful. Not the easiest combination.

So many stages end up just looking 'flashy' or not having any individual personality.
I'm a big fan.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It's a fun stage. I have hazards off, though. It's a tad large. I only like half of the music. The color change is neat.

Top Bottom